Melee Tamer hybrid

andreyss

Dec 29, 2021
Hello i wanna get into the game and usually i play builds like ranger in GW2 ( melee with a pet )
I was looking at the tamer here, seems kinda the same thing but i can't figure out a build for it...
Could someone help pls.
Most of the time i play alone or with a friend ( cause i travel a lot )

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
Its tough without a reliable way to heal your pet. Unfortunately, vet skill is reduced by 90% if the pet is attacking or taking damage, which is fucking bullshit.

I would reccomend not having taming, as it gives you another 100 primary skill points, but you'll have to buy the pets from someone else.

andreyss

Dec 29, 2021
Its tough without a reliable way to heal your pet. Unfortunately, vet skill is reduced by 90% if the pet is attacking or taking damage, which is fucking bullshit.

I would reccomend not having taming, as it gives you another 100 primary skill points, but you'll have to buy the pets from someone else.
what race with what stats would be viable?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Human for the extra skill points which are very very needed for a tamer. I suggest a human mage build.

You'll need a mage build to be able to effectively heal your pet during combat.

Alvarians would be my second choice foe their speediness, but the lack of extra skill points and low armour threshold makes them a bit more restricted on what you can do with them. Humans gives you more flexibility in your build.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
what race with what stats would be viable?

I replied to you in Reddit. But here is my take.

You either want to be Alvarin. Or Sarducaan or Tindrimic just for the attribute points. You can easily do it with either human build as you will have free lore points with a clade gift, you will also get free foot movement skills and free riding skills and free ecuminical magic skills. Which makes the build very viable and easy to hybrid into other things. I would suggest going with a spear for a weapon just because you dont want to swing and accidentally hit your pet, but you may want to also have a ranged weapon.

andreyss

Dec 29, 2021
I replied to you in Reddit. But here is my take.

You either want to be Alvarin. Or Sarducaan or Tindrimic just for the attribute points. You can easily do it with either human build as you will have free lore points with a clade gift, you will also get free foot movement skills and free riding skills and free ecuminical magic skills. Which makes the build very viable and easy to hybrid into other things. I would suggest going with a spear for a weapon just because you dont want to swing and accidentally hit your pet, but you may want to also have a ranged weapon.
could you give more details on the build? like size,age and weight ?

D

Deleted member 44

There are currently two options for races in mortal. Oghmir or Alvarin. You either get unkillable tank that can't move very well, or speedy elf boy that can't get caught.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I thought you might enjoy seeing it play

you can pm me for build

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
could you give more details on the build? like size,age and weight ?

You will want to be above average height, weight is up to you, some people like stout some people like fit. I prefer fit as a pure Sarducaan you will have 100 dex with clade gifts making you faster than most and still have 177+ hitpoints. Age.... 30 is pretty much the sweet spot.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Well I made my own Hunter from wow in MO2 - Mounted Archer/ sword/ tamer
with trial and erorr :ROFLMAO: , olso a made it so that I can switch to magic without reroling my character and still have 100+ int with the necromancy coming out soon will see if i make the switch

Its very solo friendly

I thought you might enjoy seeing it play

you can pm me for build

I would like to see your build, but I'm guessing you dont have taming

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Any race can do a fighter+tame combo. It's actually one of the strongest builds I can think of for a thursar as thursars have a ton of damage potential meaning if they try to kill your pet first you can quickly dispatch them with your crazy good damage while they are focused on fighting your pet. And any fighter/pet build is insanely good if they come after you first. Obviously, thursar/tame is less good the more opponents you are facing though.

All you need to run a single pet is 100 CC + as much Adv. CC as the pet you want to run requires and 100 points in the related zoology on the profession end. Most builds can fit that. Any race can work with that. If you're running a horse it gets more complicated as you will likely want to add 91 Herding and max your Adv. CC at that point.

Fighter tame usually is going to run tames as more disposable since in-combat healing is best done by mages. If you kill your opponent before the tame goes down though, you can heal it back up with a bit of bandages and veterinary skill can make it go much faster (not that it matters too much after all your enemies are dead).

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
If you're running a horse it gets more complicated as you will likely want to add 91 Herding and max your Adv. CC at that point.

Seriously, how can you consider it a viable build without using a horse and pet simultaneously given the size of the map. Do you really think it’s viable or engaging gameplay to sit right outside some random town and try to waylay people on foot and with your pet as they go in or out and most escaping from you unless you can bow down their horse fast enough. Wow, sounds like fun.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Seriously, how can you consider it a viable build without using a horse and pet simultaneously given the size of the map. Do you really think it’s viable or engaging gameplay to sit right outside some random town and try to waylay people on foot and with your pet as they go in or out and most escaping from you unless you can bow down their horse fast enough. Wow, sounds like fun.

Because I own multiple accounts.

You only need spec one of them for mounted combat really. The rest can ghost wherever you want. That's not to say I never ride horses on my foot specced accounts. They just aren't specced around it.

I don't think this game is going to survive very far past subs becoming a thing, and if it does, they'll have to put in things like multi-passenger mounts to address that issue.

Last edited:

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
Because I own multiple accounts.

You only need spec one of them for mounted combat really. The rest can ghost wherever you want. That's not to say I never ride horses on my foot specced accounts. They just aren't specced around it.

I don't think this game is going to survive very far past subs becoming a thing, and if it does, they'll have to put in things like multi-passenger mounts to address that issue.

Right……so your advice to a new player who is looking to start MO2 and says they like to travel is a build that doesn’t travel well at all or an alt build they would need to have additional accounts for. I’m glad they are clear now on what your advising heh.

Reactions: Cazik

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Right……so your advice to a new player who is looking to start MO2 and says they like to travel is a build that doesn’t travel well at all or an alt build they would need to have additional accounts for. I’m glad they are clear now on what your advising heh.

I didn't suggest a build. I detailed the minimum skills needed for a beastmaster, with and without a horse. Apologies if that triggered you. I didn't realize a quick paragraph outlining the skills needed for a viable beastmaster and designed to let readers make their own decisions, was such a sensitive subject.

Last edited: