Mechanic Explanation of new Features

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
PvPing in this game shouldn't be considered a "play stupid games win stupid prizes" scenario. One fight and you can go red. Assuming you win the fight and actually kill people.

Its a joke.

There is PVP in fights with other groups. Then there is ganking noobs in the GY. The legit fights that happen out there in the wild are not as common as you all seem to make it out to be. I can ride around no where near a damned town for hours and rarely see anyone, let alone anyone from a rival alliance.
Most of the people who seem to be crying about the murder count issues are the same people who are camping graveyards and spent the better part of the first few weeks in game murdering horses and noobs in vender gear, because herp derp PEEVEEPEEE!!! No that is just clubbing baby seals, not like they had a chance to start with.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So what, you implying theres some underlying extra-diegetic morality behind sloppy shitty development?
I don't have hundreds of MCs and even if i did it shouldn't be a problem for me to expect SV to develop properly. Like changing fundamental mechanics that impact drastically on the gameplay of people, for example when they first removed priests without any preparation or notion on the impact.
I mean they can shit on their community all they want, and you can continue to say life Is unfair and the game will continue to be garbage.

If you dont like it Albanjo then why are you here? You were banned from the Discord for being overly toxic. You have been booted from more guilds than I have fingers and toes for the same reason and yet you like a cockroach keep coming back to be a general toxic pain in the rear. So why not huehuehue your way on to the next adventure and I wish you luck.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Meh if anything sieging is gonna kill the game... Zerg guilds are gonna start sieging all the small guild strongholds out of the game and since Henrique has designed the game to be impossible to play without one, they all gonna quit or join the bigger zerg.

Having been through this very discussion in the past, and no it wont. If anything it will put some of the smaller guilds in their place, the strong ones will survive and grow, the weak ones will die, but they would have died anyway it was just a matter of time. This is not the game for 4 or 5 person "guilds" who try and have a town of a dozen houses and a stronghold so they can RP they are some super powerful secrete sect of fringe believers in the all mighty zucchini. And the "zerg" guild well this is a nation building game, nations are built of tribes, tribes are basically zergs. Join up or get tread on.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
There is PVP in fights with other groups. Then there is ganking noobs in the GY. The legit fights that happen out there in the wild are not as common as you all seem to make it out to be. I can ride around no where near a damned town for hours and rarely see anyone, let alone anyone from a rival alliance.
While i don't agree you cannot become red via "legit" fights alone (which is dumb, all PvP is legit as long as you don't cheat), i went way over 50MCs in MK - which was always a ghost town - without ever killing a random. But suppose you're right... see the problem here? You may ride for hours trying to find pvp, OR you can camp Meduli graveyard until ARPKs come, which usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes, and you both have a great time. You and the ARPK. They'll call you names of course but the truth is - without you, they'd have to ride for hours trying to find someone to fight.

Newbies is the only party that lose here. But the point is - if devs want to keep noobs safe, they should be working to ensure that you, as a PvP focused player, don't have to ride around town for hours looking for PvP. Not letting reds participate in BH is working against that goal.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
While i don't agree you cannot become red via "legit" fights alone (which is dumb, all PvP is legit as long as you don't cheat), i went way over 50MCs in MK - which was always a ghost town - without ever killing a random. But suppose you're right... see the problem here? You may ride for hours trying to find pvp, OR you can camp Meduli graveyard until ARPKs come, which usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes, and you both have a great time. You and the ARPK. They'll call you names of course but the truth is - without you, they'd have to ride for hours trying to find someone to fight.

Newbies is the only party that lose here. But the point is - if devs want to keep noobs safe, they should be working to ensure that you, as a PvP focused player, don't have to ride around town for hours looking for PvP. Not letting reds participate in BH is working against that goal.

This is why I suggested WAY back when the game was still in Alpha that the flagging system should have been everyone grey out side of town zones, and murder counts can only be counted if in sight of the guarded towns. Because who is to say you were killed by a player or a animal? Hell you could have jumped off a cliff and said so-and-so murdered you.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If you dont like it Albanjo then why are you here? You were banned from the Discord for being overly toxic. You have been booted from more guilds than I have fingers and toes for the same reason and yet you like a cockroach keep coming back to be a general toxic pain in the rear. So why not huehuehue your way on to the next adventure and I wish you luck.

I do like the game, thats precisely why im here discussing it's features. I did get banned from mortal's discord lol, that kinky morality of yours.
I only been "booted" from RPK due to some issues with certain players if that answers your question :3

But none of this is related to the thread tho. I don't think its wrong to try to understand and speculate how this new content will impact in the game and how it will be introduced.
These new mechanics seem to be contradicting features that encourages large groups and antagonizes smaller ones, pushing everything to macro social structures by polarizing alliances, when this is not precisely bad by itself, doing it without elemental changes will provoke inevitable scenarios that we could only hope SV is aware of, but most likely wont.

A bounty system that negates privacy for criminals, without any morality judgement (theres no moral compass in a game aslong as theres a diegetic code), will make individual player characters available to track down with a relative low cost and being a unavoidable unaware condition for the criminal.

Someone is being told by the game where a player is in real time, it could be somewhat balanced but it doesn't change the fact that its letting someone know the location of a player. That mechanic hinders the capacity of certain gamestyles to exercise their privacy. When criminals will also have to farm standing to enter a town and invest in a ressing features to bypass murdercount punishments.
Depending on how often contracts can be set on criminals and how many people can have those very same contracts it will probably be another reason for criminals to stop farming standing.
Then cuz MO2 has such a big empty ass map, instead of resignifying the space to contain a more efficient display of player activities they come up with tracking feature to ease or dumb down the quality of player interaction in the wilderness.

One of the positive things is that we can asume this configuration will lead into a little higher amount of wilderness conflicts, but one of the problematics is that the system is individual directed, from one to one, yet the attacker will allways have the capacity to zerg the bounty and theres nothing nobody can do against that.
What does that mean? It means it will make shit more zerg centric, it will be greatly encouraged to be in large groups and it will be greatly discouraged and punishing to be in small groups or to do solo activities.

Yall have this morality regarding noobs, poor noobs that get griefed by psychotic toxic narcoleptic-insane-deluded satanists. It only means you don't understand the concept of the game, and the most complex progression lines. Asking for meaningful content made for noobs to integrate better to the game should have been a top priority thing instead people ask punishment for the criminals, making the game more tedious for some and not improving noob's reality at all. But hey life is unfair roflmao

Problem is SV point of view regarding these problematics is that its been done. Tutorial island ingame, get good noobs thats the best treatment u gonna get. And throw the ball to the criminal playstyle and create that ilusion of law and punishment.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I do like the game, thats precisely why im here discussing it's features. I did get banned from mortal's discord lol, that kinky morality of yours.
I only been "booted" from RPK due to some issues with certain players if that answers your question :3

But none of this is related to the thread tho. I don't think its wrong to try to understand and speculate how this new content will impact in the game and how it will be introduced.
These new mechanics seem to be contradicting features that encourages large groups and antagonizes smaller ones, pushing everything to macro social structures by polarizing alliances, when this is not precisely bad by itself, doing it without elemental changes will provoke inevitable scenarios that we could only hope SV is aware of, but most likely wont.

A bounty system that negates privacy for criminals, without any morality judgement (theres no moral compass in a game aslong as theres a diegetic code), will make individual player characters available to track down with a relative low cost and being a unavoidable unaware condition for the criminal.

Someone is being told by the game where a player is in real time, it could be somewhat balanced but it doesn't change the fact that its letting someone know the location of a player. That mechanic hinders the capacity of certain gamestyles to exercise their privacy. When criminals will also have to farm standing to enter a town and invest in a ressing features to bypass murdercount punishments.
Depending on how often contracts can be set on criminals and how many people can have those very same contracts it will probably be another reason for criminals to stop farming standing.
Then cuz MO2 has such a big empty ass map, instead of resignifying the space to contain a more efficient display of player activities they come up with tracking feature to ease or dumb down the quality of player interaction in the wilderness.

One of the positive things is that we can asume this configuration will lead into a little higher amount of wilderness conflicts, but one of the problematics is that the system is individual directed, from one to one, yet the attacker will allways have the capacity to zerg the bounty and theres nothing nobody can do against that.
What does that mean? It means it will make shit more zerg centric, it will be greatly encouraged to be in large groups and it will be greatly discouraged and punishing to be in small groups or to do solo activities.

Yall have this morality regarding noobs, poor noobs that get griefed by psychotic toxic narcoleptic-insane-deluded satanists. It only means you don't understand the concept of the game, and the most complex progression lines. Asking for meaningful content made for noobs to integrate better to the game should have been a top priority thing instead people ask punishment for the criminals, making the game more tedious for some and not improving noob's reality at all. But hey life is unfair roflmao

Problem is SV point of view regarding these problematics is that its been done. Tutorial island ingame, get good noobs thats the best treatment u gonna get. And throw the ball to the criminal playstyle and create that ilusion of law and punishment.

The bounty hunting system isnt even in game yet. For all you know it maybe like the SWG bounty hunting system where a bot tells you the rough direction of the target till you get close. Then when you get within visual range you get a marker.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The bounty hunting system isnt even in game yet. For all you know it maybe like the SWG bounty hunting system where a bot tells you the rough direction of the target till you get close. Then when you get within visual range you get a marker.

I had assumed you could pick which contract to get from a list type thing. However if it is completely random picked by the pool with all red players on the server then you are bound to end up getting guild mates and alliance players on your bounty. Big alliances will run into this all the time. Then you can go up to the guy, ask him if you can kill him for the bounty and return his stuff when he rezes. No fighting or losing anything required.

Even if there is no gold as reward it will be exploited all day long for rep/clades.

oldeurope

Sep 7, 2021
I had assumed you could pick which contract to get from a list type thing. However if it is completely random picked by the pool with all red players on the server then you are bound to end up getting guild mates and alliance players on your bounty. Big alliances will run into this all the time. Then you can go up to the guy, ask him if you can kill him for the bounty and return his stuff when he rezes. No fighting or losing anything required.

Even if there is no gold as reward it will be exploited all day long for rep/clades.

Maybe u read robmos postings about the upcoming mechanics instead of call out problems u see incoming that allready have bern clarified not to happen... ;)

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

It would be easier to exploit if you could pick your contract

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
On the argument that reds shouldn't have killed nubs if they cant handle the consequences. My issues is people can go red based on what the consequences were at the time. They keep changing more and more to make red worse. But people are already red. Some people wouldnt have gone red if they knew it would be a 20 min walk back to town, with the chance of getting ganked in town by someone with their bounty, even tho they waste their time running parcels so that they can go into town safely. But depending on how many MC's someone has, they cant just easily go blue again. And if someone invested heavily into farming clade gifts, getting lores, etc, rerolling is off the table. So its just shitty to the players to just be like "hey hey kiddies, time for another patch to make your life worse" when theres nothing they can do about it. A lot of people wouldn't go red again if they could start over. I would but I only play this game to gank kids. But for some people, they just got their time wasted by updates changing after they went red.

Reactions: Dracu

risarshop

Mar 25, 2021
i don't get it? are refining ovens removed from towns and they will be placeable in keeps only or the ref. ovens in towns will stay?

D

Dracu

On the argument that reds shouldn't have killed nubs if they cant handle the consequences. My issues is people can go red based on what the consequences were at the time. They keep changing more and more to make red worse. But people are already red. Some people wouldnt have gone red if they knew it would be a 20 min walk back to town, with the chance of getting ganked in town by someone with their bounty, even tho they waste their time running parcels so that they can go into town safely. But depending on how many MC's someone has, they cant just easily go blue again. And if someone invested heavily into farming clade gifts, getting lores, etc, rerolling is off the table. So its just shitty to the players to just be like "hey hey kiddies, time for another patch to make your life worse" when theres nothing they can do about it. A lot of people wouldn't go red again if they could start over. I would but I only play this game to gank kids. But for some people, they just got their time wasted by updates changing after they went red.
And to add, if you played in red towns fighting other guilds fighting for these red towns like gk and you won fights... You got murdercounts for it.... Loooooots of them....

On release i have been going straight to gk and been living there for the start time... I gathered alot of murdercounts for killing ppl in gk... GG SV make unguarded town where you HAVE to fight for dominance and go red because you win... These are not newbs... Just the game beeing bad.

And they still havent fixed this... And it has been called out... For over a year at this point... Fucking disgrace. Atleast you dont get MCs for killing nakeds that resurrect in GK anymore, yet they can still go back to where they came from and give mcs afaik iam shocked how SV changed fundamental rules on the get go and did not offer ways to adapt... But what else can one expect from this company at this point... Lets see if they can even implement these systems working and not like the disaster last patch was

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CrgHck and Jatix

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Having been through this very discussion in the past, and no it wont. If anything it will put some of the smaller guilds in their place, the strong ones will survive and grow, the weak ones will die, but they would have died anyway it was just a matter of time. This is not the game for 4 or 5 person "guilds" who try and have a town of a dozen houses and a stronghold so they can RP they are some super powerful secrete sect of fringe believers in the all mighty zucchini. And the "zerg" guild well this is a nation building game, nations are built of tribes, tribes are basically zergs. Join up or get tread on.
We get it you have nation building games wetdreams, you a nobody to define whos strong and whos weak. Accepting the concept failures of this game just because you like zerg gameplay and justify it with some cheap ass "history" wannabe lessons that have more anecdotical value than historical accurracy.

I think the game needs to encourage different gamestyles and a variety of healthy scenarios that contemplate as many possible ways for players to interact. I do not consider the game is or should be a zerg directed game it didn't work in MO1 and it won't work here and it didn't work in many other zerg friendly games either.

Anyways this game is zerg friendly and it wouldnt only be shortsighted but stupid not to consider giving small groups or solo players more tools to endure the unforgiving Nature of the world. Saying stupid shit like "life is unfair" decreases the quality of the debate.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
We get it you have nation building games wetdreams, you a nobody to define whos strong and whos weak. Accepting the concept failures of this game just because you like zerg gameplay and justify it with some cheap ass "history" wannabe lessons that have more anecdotical value than historical accurracy.

I think the game needs to encourage different gamestyles and a variety of healthy scenarios that contemplate as many possible ways for players to interact. I do not consider the game is or should be a zerg directed game it didn't work in MO1 and it won't work here and it didn't work in many other zerg friendly games either.

Anyways this game is zerg friendly and it wouldnt only be shortsighted but stupid not to consider giving small groups or solo players more tools to endure the unforgiving Nature of the world. Saying stupid shit like "life is unfair" decreases the quality of the debate.

I gave up on building a nation myself a long long time ago. I dont have the time or the energy for that, this is why I havent bothered with a guild leadership position or even running a guild this time. But the game does need more gameplay for individuals, but ultimately this is what I feel the arena would be good for. You want to go and be the 1 v 1 pee vee pee god well go prove it there. But sitting around graveyards and camping noobs is not showing skill, its just showing you know how to club baby seals, and any smooth brain individual can do that.

But like real life, a UFC professional fighter maybe the greatest in the octagon but as soon as they step on to a battlefield they are just another fleshy popup target. If you're alone you are a very easy popup target for any military.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I gave up on building a nation myself a long long time ago. I dont have the time or the energy for that, this is why I havent bothered with a guild leadership position or even running a guild this time. But the game does need more gameplay for individuals, but ultimately this is what I feel the arena would be good for. You want to go and be the 1 v 1 pee vee pee god well go prove it there. But sitting around graveyards and camping noobs is not showing skill, its just showing you know how to club baby seals, and any smooth brain individual can do that.

But like real life, a UFC professional fighter maybe the greatest in the octagon but as soon as they step on to a battlefield they are just another fleshy popup target. If you're alone you are a very easy popup target for any military.

Precisely, if you gave up on building nation gameplay why would you consider the mayority of the game experience should be zerg centric. That for enjoying the game you have to be in a nutcup.

Conditioning gameplay such as an arena won't and shouldn't bypass wilderness conflict which most definitely should be encouraged. Arena won't take away graveyard PVP either, thats a design issue a gy is the wolf's mouth for noobs being missdirected by poor design. We could talk all the way about how and why graveyards are one of the nails in a noob's coffin, aslong PVE is not addressed graveyards are a slaughter corral for noobs and also a great way to learn how to PVP.
The fact players get killed is not the problem, thats a key element in learning the game mechanics, its something you have to transit, sometimes on your terms and sometimes not.
Can't blame the people playing the game by it's design, expecting everyone to share a moral code, its something it's built by players and shouldn't be imposed.
But then again and concluding, learning curve for noobs is bad, haven is a deceptive version of the game, different noob POIs are death traps, and the list goes on.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Precisely, if you gave up on building nation gameplay why would you consider the mayority of the game experience should be zerg centric. That for enjoying the game you have to be in a nutcup.

Conditioning gameplay such as an arena won't and shouldn't bypass wilderness conflict which most definitely should be encouraged. Arena won't take away graveyard PVP either, thats a design issue a gy is the wolf's mouth for noobs being missdirected by poor design. We could talk all the way about how and why graveyards are one of the nails in a noob's coffin, aslong PVE is not addressed graveyards are a slaughter corral for noobs and also a great way to learn how to PVP.
The fact players get killed is not the problem, thats a key element in learning the game mechanics, its something you have to transit, sometimes on your terms and sometimes not.
Can't blame the people playing the game by it's design, expecting everyone to share a moral code, its something it's built by players and shouldn't be imposed.
But then again and concluding, learning curve for noobs is bad, haven is a deceptive version of the game, different noob POIs are death traps, and the list goes on.

I gave up on nation building... not on being part of a nation. There is a difference. If I wanted a solo game there is Elder Scrolls Online or a dozen other themepark or solo battle royal games like Mordhau or Chivalry I could play. And they are all cheaper and far more polished than MO2 right now. Much like EVE Online the learning curve is part of the challenge of the game. But I am sure EVE Online is a horrible game to you too, because you cant one man down an army and be the hero. Instead in that game you kind of have to work with others if you want to do anything worthy of note in that game. Even the person who traversed EVERY star system in that game did it with help of others. The Goons werent built overnight and they sure as hell are not a small group of wannabe elitist players. Same goes for TEST, NCDOT, or a dozen other guilds, corps or chapters throughout gaming history.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I gave up on nation building... not on being part of a nation. There is a difference. If I wanted a solo game there is Elder Scrolls Online or a dozen other themepark or solo battle royal games like Mordhau or Chivalry I could play. And they are all cheaper and far more polished than MO2 right now. Much like EVE Online the learning curve is part of the challenge of the game. But I am sure EVE Online is a horrible game to you too, because you cant one man down an army and be the hero. Instead in that game you kind of have to work with others if you want to do anything worthy of note in that game. Even the person who traversed EVERY star system in that game did it with help of others. The Goons werent built overnight and they sure as hell are not a small group of wannabe elitist players. Same goes for TEST, NCDOT, or a dozen other guilds, corps or chapters throughout gaming history.

You see, nobody here is asking for the game to be a single player and you could mention as many games as you want but it wouldn't change the fact that solo player and small crew gameplay IS contemplated in game design, im not asking for them to invent gunpowder. Doesn't take a brilliant mind to understand zergs have the upper hand and their benefit exists just by grouping up.
I get it you in love with the concept of nation gaming and zergVzerg and shit like that, but mortal1 was more than that and mo2 looks like its more than that aswell, its supposed to have a variety of content designed for all kinds of gameplay and groups.

Then if solo and small crews gameplay is contemplated in the game why not properly, and why keep giving zergs tools instead of giving tools to the ones that are already in disadvantage, we could talk about the nature of the disadvantages and so on.

Zergs killed MO1 i can tell you that, i've been part of the last and biggest TC wars and it all became a contest for the biggest zerg, cold wars that lasted years, large groups waiting for others to quit and takeover. Not saying zergs shouldn't exist but quit wasting development time on that gamestyle and give other type of social organizations certain advantages and tools aswell.

Everything is so zerg centered and it definitely shouldn't, keep polarizing the game politically without addressing heavier problematics and its gonna be exacly like mo1, a dead game with guilds that have large clusters of people that won't ever log back in.

Reactions: Tzone