Mechanic Explanation of new Features

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Just for reference, this doesn't affect me directly AT ALL, i live in my house. im a full murderer, -60rep, 200 murder count, i couldn't give a f
It does affect people i know, that just PVP for fun sometimes, you know why? because A SINGLE FIGHT MEANS YOU'RE A MURDERER , 5 murder count is so easy to get, its literally 2 minutes of PVP, you just have to lightly tap someone on the shoulder.

So while i am indeed a griefer who kills people for sport, im here talking about different people, people that DESERVE a crime reset.
I will do the same thing after a crime reset, id get my 200 count up in 1-2 weeks no stress.

But when you make changes like this to a player's playstyle , with no POLL, no way of that player ever going back apart from DELETING his account, my brother, thats how you kill your game. And surely enough, pop is declining
Yeah I will not be changing my ways, Im not a greifer but I will be having a lot of MCs.

That last couple of months were really harsh for the casual player you needed to live in towns but still got MCs. I see a couple of people start to reroll to blues to fix their MCs and rep recently.

SV should do something for their casual players who many are stuck with rep and MC issues right now.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It was not explicitly mentioned in Robmo's OP that 5+ MC would put the player into the bounty pool, which is why there is some confusion. Several other people also had the same question as me.

Robmo has since clarified that players with 5+ MC cannot take up bounty contracts. Which would mean that only lawful players can do so.

However, it would be helpful if Robmo can confirm that the criteria for being added to the bounty pool is 5+ MC, or if there are any other prerequisites.

I would also point out that being added to the bounty pool, and taking up bounty contracts, are two different things.
ok looks like that they changed it and now its that reds cant do BH which is pretty dumb. Lots of people have those 5 plus MCs just from breathing and the good PvPers that can actually bounty hunt well are red.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
All i have to say is: if you have 5+ murder counts, prepare to get mage banged every time you enter a town. Cause thats what people will bounty hunt with: mages. People will group up in teams of naked mages and insta pop anyone that has a bounty on them.

D

Dracu

All i have to say is: if you have 5+ murder counts, prepare to get mage banged every time you enter a town. Cause thats what people will bounty hunt with: mages. People will group up in teams of naked mages and insta pop anyone that has a bounty on them.
this is the most likely use of the system. Town fighting is a griefing playstyle. Always is and has been... even red towns fighting is... a griefing playstyle. No effort high reward.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
This goes to show you cant make everyone happy. So many crying children, blah blah (insert alliance here) is only going to get stronger!
There needs to be a murder count reset because I didnt think things fully through while I was griefing noobs in the graveyard for lols because my epene is smol?!?!

Come on people grow up. Not everything in life is fair, you want to run around and kill kids in the GY because you think you're good by all means expect the bounties. Yeah it sucks that we have murder counts from fighting battles that happened well outside of towns and should have had a working war dec system from the start.... but that is an issue that honestly isnt that big of a deal if you just played the game normally and didnt go on a murdering spree.

Hopefully this patch fixes the war system so we can actually fight our enemies instead of waiting to touch our target before they show up as blue or orange.

Call a whambulance because the snot rocket salt patrol is out in force today!
It's really naive to think murdercounts come only from noobs, and if they did It's fine. I don't think its wrong to ask more responsable development from SV.
Wardecs Will mostly be the way for zergs to bypass punishment mechanics forcing guilds to nutcup and fuck up smaller groups or alliances, It's gonna be a shitshow but hey "not everything in life Is fair".
These things wont fix anything in particular they Will just add a whole brand new spectrum of exploits and broken content.

But at least this Time they are letting us know it Will be shit before they add it...

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Some Changes to Yesterday's Messaging

There have been some changes in test so I removed these two from the list as they do not apply. If any more changes occur. I will update.

- Wardecs on one guild will bring in entire alliance into the war. Removed

- Players with 5 + MC can Take BH contracts. Removed

I apologize for the confusing

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Just for reference, this doesn't affect me directly AT ALL, i live in my house. im a full murderer, -60rep, 200 murder count, i couldn't give a f
It does affect people i know, that just PVP for fun sometimes, you know why? because A SINGLE FIGHT MEANS YOU'RE A MURDERER , 5 murder count is so easy to get, its literally 2 minutes of PVP, you just have to lightly tap someone on the shoulder.

So while i am indeed a griefer who kills people for sport, im here talking about different people, people that DESERVE a crime reset.
I will do the same thing after a crime reset, id get my 200 count up in 1-2 weeks no stress.

But when you make changes like this to a player's playstyle , with no POLL, no way of that player ever going back apart from DELETING his account, my brother, thats how you kill your game. And surely enough, pop is declining

The pop is going to decline either way. I know that sounds horrible but having bounty hunting or MC resets isnt going to keep them. It is the lack of sieging mechanics that is draining the population. Without sieges and TC there is no real meaning to PVP and all of the farming in the world only goes so far.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It's really naive to think murdercounts come only from noobs, and if they did It's fine. I don't think its wrong to ask more responsable development from SV.
Wardecs Will mostly be the way for zergs to bypass punishment mechanics forcing guilds to nutcup and fuck up smaller groups or alliances, It's gonna be a shitshow but hey "not everything in life Is fair".
These things wont fix anything in particular they Will just add a whole brand new spectrum of exploits and broken content.

But at least this Time they are letting us know it Will be shit before they add it...

Really? When it seems like most of the people who are complaining about having several hundred murder counts are the same ones who hang out in or near GYs and merc noobs. Not exactly high caliber players.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Really? When it seems like most of the people who are complaining about having several hundred murder counts are the same ones who hang out in or near GYs and merc noobs. Not exactly high caliber players.
The whole "killing noobs" argument is a bit outdated dont you think? You act as if new players are joining everyday and people just sit and kill them.

Even if that were true...blame the game not the player. You wanted a free roam, open world, full loot sandbox...and you got it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The whole "killing noobs" argument is a bit outdated dont you think? You act as if new players are joining everyday and people just sit and kill them.

Even if that were true...blame the game not the player. You wanted a free roam, open world, full loot sandbox...and you got it.

Not blaming them. That is their play style... But when you play stupid games and win stupid prizes dont cry about the murder counts. Pretty simple.

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
1. Can bounties be posted on just anyone, or does the target need to meet certain conditions?

2. Does the hunter know who posted a contract? Does the target know?

3. Does the poster know who claimed the bounty? Is there anything in place to deal with say, someone's alt killing the target every time a bounty get's posted?
How I get this, is that nobody can place a bounty, or pick one. There is an NPC that will give you random murderer as your BH target. When you kill him, you get back to that NPC and get your reward.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
The pop is going to decline either way. I know that sounds horrible but having bounty hunting or MC resets isnt going to keep them. It is the lack of sieging mechanics that is draining the population. Without sieges and TC there is no real meaning to PVP and all of the farming in the world only goes so far.
Meh if anything sieging is gonna kill the game... Zerg guilds are gonna start sieging all the small guild strongholds out of the game and since Henrique has designed the game to be impossible to play without one, they all gonna quit or join the bigger zerg.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
1. Can bounties be posted on just anyone, or does the target need to meet certain conditions?

2. Does the hunter know who posted a contract? Does the target know?

3. Does the poster know who claimed the bounty? Is there anything in place to deal with say, someone's alt killing the target every time a bounty gets posted?

@Robmo

More questions I thought up to add:

4. Can a player place more than one contract on a single target? Can multiple players place a contract on the same target? What happens if a target with multiple contracts is killed?

5. Is there a limit on the total contracts you can have out at once?

6. Do contracts have an expiration date? Will you get a refund if they expire? Will you get a refund if the target rerolls?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
@Robmo

More questions I thought up to add:

4. Can a player place more than one contract on a single target? Can multiple players place a contract on the same target? What happens if a target with multiple contracts is killed?

5. Is there a limit on the total contracts you can have out at once?

6. Do contracts have an expiration date? Will you get a refund if they expire? Will you get a refund if the target rerolls?
players dont place bounties they are randomly generated out of a pool of people with over 5 MCs

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
players dont place bounties they are randomly generated out of a pool of people with over 5 MCs

Oh... lame. I misread the 5g cost and assumed they were talking 5g to post the bounty. They definitely need to add a player driven element to this system. They already put all this work in on tracking and permissions apparently. Why not let us use it to target our enemies?

Maybe even allow assassination contracts against blues from a guild you're at war with (though the assassin need not be) for a slightly higher fee.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
So what, you implying theres some underlying extra-diegetic morality behind sloppy shitty development?
I don't have hundreds of MCs and even if i did it shouldn't be a problem for me to expect SV to develop properly. Like changing fundamental mechanics that impact drastically on the gameplay of people, for example when they first removed priests without any preparation or notion on the impact.
I mean they can shit on their community all they want, and you can continue to say life Is unfair and the game will continue to be garbage.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Oh... lame. I misread the 5g cost and assumed they were talking 5g to post the bounty. They definitely need to add a player driven element to this system. They already put all this work in on tracking and permissions apparently. Why not let us use it to target our enemies?

Maybe even allow assassination contracts against blues from a guild you're at war with (though the assassin need not be) for a slightly higher fee.

In the future, they may allow you to place money on a name, and its random if a random BH gets that target. So it will likely never have a direct player cash to BH system.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

Maybe even allow assassination contracts against blues from a guild you're at war with for a slightly higher fee.
Too easy to exploit

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Murderers being unable to get contracts is a shame. Apart from the fact that it's easy to get 50+ MCs without killing "innocents", a lot of people have become murderers simply because there isn't much content for PvP players right now except ganking, and BH could be it for some. But anyway i think the whole BH thing just isn't going to work. People with high MCs rarely live in towns, even fewer will after the patch. I don't think following a target to their house where they AFK for the next 3 hours is gonna be fun. Rewards aren't worth it, and knowing how SV tends to leave peaces of content unfinished, "coins" will probably remain useless for the next few months.

Wardecs on one guild will bring in entire alliance into the war. Removed
I am more worried about this TBH. Does this mean the alliance will have to pay 1800 gold to join the war when one of them is attacked?

Reactions: Tzone