Me and my friends like the game. But paying monthly fees is unrealistic.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
The restrictions on steam are very particular, it usually locks your games to the region as well. This is because if you buy the game when you are actually there you are supposed to be able to play it just fine. But once you leave you are shit out of luck.

You think SV wants to not only reduce the money that people pay for their subs, but have another 70%~ eaten up by payment providers to half assedly fight something that shouldn't be a problem in the first place?
No, it should be the same price across the board. If steam tries to offer regional pricing and fails to punish those that find ways to abuse this system, SV should ban all players that are found in violation.

Reactions: Xunila

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I find it hard to believe people who can afford the hardware to run the game...which can't be purchased for magical regionally adjusted prices, somehow can now only pay pennies on the dollar for the subscription. Maybe they're all planning on playing at an internet cafe or something...idk.

I realize that's a bit cynical, and it's uncaring to kind of just say oh well...too bad for you, but honestly SV are trying to run a business and selling goods and services which in and of themselves have a particular cost to produce and sustain on their end, and you want them to sell it to you for pennies on the dollar and also claim it's for their benefit somehow...not all these things can be true, sorry. And if you're only bringing a penny to the table to SV, as rude as it sounds, why should they be motivated to do that for you?

Also keeping the price a standard closes off all those janky loopholes that P.O.S people will take advantage of if certain regions have crazy low adjusted rates.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
No, it should be the same price across the board. If steam tries to offer regional pricing and fails to punish those that find ways to abuse this system, SV should ban all players that are found in violation.
Life is feudal went without regional pricing on steam opting to have it only on Xsolla and doing all their micro transactions and subs through them. Xsolla takes 60%, and they are terrible at keeping VPNs away. Steams default fee on subs is around that, and I cant say for 100%, but for regional pricing im sure they take an even bigger cut, don't see why life is feudal wouldn't handle their payments through steam otherwise.

At best you'll be able to nab a temporary X amount of months at a lower rate with steam, but do you really think they'd offer more services for the same or a lower cut?

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
I find it hard to believe people who can afford the hardware to run the game...which can't be purchased for magical regionally adjusted prices, somehow can now only pay pennies on the dollar for the subscription. Maybe they're all planning on playing at an internet cafe or something...idk.

I realize that's a bit cynical, and it's uncaring to kind of just say oh well...too bad for you, but honestly SV are trying to run a business and selling goods and services which in and of themselves have a particular cost to produce and sustain on their end, and you want them to sell it to you for pennies on the dollar and also claim it's for their benefit somehow...not all these things can be true, sorry. And if you're only bringing a penny to the table to SV, as rude as it sounds, why should they be motivated to do that for you?

Also keeping the price a standard closes off all those janky loopholes that P.O.S people will take advantage of if certain regions have crazy low adjusted rates.

This game isn’t really super hardware intensive to run at low settings. A person making a median income in a middle income country (like Brazil) could easily afford a rig good enough to run the game well. It would be a big chunk of $, but so are high end PCs in wealthy nations.

The issue is less that a $15 sub fee is unaffordable, and more so that it is a massive disincentive for people in less affluent countries. A $100 sub fee would be affordable for me as someone living in a higher income country, but I certainly wouldn’t play the game if the sub were that high.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Perhaps SV should consider the implementation of sub tokens, an idea that was floated about several times back in MO1. Basically an in-game item like EVE Online's PLEX that can be traded and carried around by the player.

That way, players who find it less costly to buy sub time will be able to (willingly, of course) partially offset the barrier of entry for those who may welcome the initiative.

Make it so that the sub tokens can be gifted to an account or right-clicked on directly in-game, so that the account holder can simply apply it and start playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Deleted member 44

Don't play game then. Payment model sucks but it is what it is. Honestly don't want to play with BRs. You guys always have a terrible connection and are a nightmare to fight as youre warping all over the place and going through parriws. Additionally, most of you are some of the most toxic gamers I've ever met and thats coming from me.

Also, for everyone else in here, USD is written as $15. Stop putting the sign behind the value.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Don't play game then. Payment model sucks but it is what it is. Honestly don't want to play with BRs. You guys always have a terrible connection and are a nightmare to fight as youre warping all over the place and going through parriws. Additionally, most of you are some of the most toxic gamers I've ever met and thats coming from me.

Also, for everyone else in here, USD is written as $15. Stop putting the sign behind the value.
Having had some experience randomly joining some BRs for some roaming PVP back in MO1. I'd have to agree, not only did not a single one of them have riding skills. So going places took forever, they also did nothing but bicker and shit talk the entire time when travelling. Hours of mouth trumpets and swearing at each other gets old very fast, do not recommend.

i'm poking fun, not being serious btw, but it did happen.

RAGNARRR

Sep 13, 2021

Yes, I have heard the opposite. Coming from you a cowardly murderer, who killed a lot of people on the stress test, drove off a lot of newbies, again seems like a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 44

RAGNARRR

Sep 13, 2021
I'll play anyway, I think it's fair to pay the monthly fee. And even though for me the converted value is $100, I am passionate about the game. Since I played, I haven't taken it out of my head. I'm just not playing now because I'm on some business projects. But it should have its value regionalized so that more people could enjoy it and "our" world became increasingly rich and busy. I hope the team will consider this.

agui

May 31, 2020
Ragnaar is not wrong ... for some countries the sub cost is extremely expensive for young players that wants to play the game and doesnt have a job yet or older players with a low salary.

I understand the "ferrari's analogy" said by someone above but that idea is misrepresented cause , first, this game is no ferrari, second, we actually need to fill the game with lots of players , third, most of players from other regions of the world arent in a good economic moment by pandemic of covid, fourth, it is better to have a small subscription cost then a expensive one to have many more players being able to play and even subscribe a second or third acc, increasing the income of SV.

And remember that MO1 were more Democratic then MO2, it seems, cause there were possible to subscribe by your region and your coin ... which brought a much cheaper subscription for players.

SV needs to work with a netflix basic plan (us 8.9) right now ... cause loads of features are not implemented yet ... only after that charge a normal subscription plan from players.

And need to bring it back urgently the region subscription cost ... and give discounts for year subscription .... they need to think alot on that

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Subs don't start until non early access release in January though? Bring up any issues with value by then when we know what we're actually getting.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Me and my friends like the game. But paying monthly fees is unrealistic. In some countries even values as small as 15 dollars are heavy. In direct conversion in Brazil, for example, it is approximately 100 dollars.

That´s why they look for regional costs. I think we should be able to pay subscription with ingame Gold but it should only make sense for the poor players becuase SV need the money for the servers.

Maybe paying 500 Gold could give you 1 Month of Subscription.
It takes days to farm that much gold and in Europe or the USA you earn enough money in an hour to pay for a subscription. No European would do that and would rather pay and keep the materials they farmed for hours. However, there are also unemployed gamers or players who live in countries where $ 15 is a lot of money. The more players are playing the game, the more fun the game is.

The more players enjoy the game, the more players buy a subscription becuase the number of players grows.

We could see that in Albion Online.

I don't see a pay to win in this, if SV offer the poorer players the opportunity to play this game.

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
I think there is price normalization on steam based on region. I believe FFXIV uses this as well.

Something makes me think this thread is an attempt to get rid of subs or to make it insanely cheap. If you are not lying, then you essentially paid ~$250 USD to play a beta?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I think there is price normalization on steam based on region. I believe FFXIV uses this as well.

Something makes me think this thread is an attempt to get rid of subs or to make it insanely cheap. If you are not lying, then you essentially paid ~$250 USD to play a beta?
They are vastly overexaggerating and/or being dishonest for sure.

Guildark

Mar 24, 2021
That´s why they look for regional costs. I think we should be able to pay subscription with ingame Gold but it should only make sense for the poor players becuase SV need the money for the servers.

Maybe paying 500 Gold could give you 1 Month of Subscription.
It takes days to farm that much gold and in Europe or the USA you earn enough money in an hour to pay for a subscription. No European would do that and would rather pay and keep the materials they farmed for hours. However, there are also unemployed gamers or players who live in countries where $ 15 is a lot of money. The more players are playing the game, the more fun the game is.

The more players enjoy the game, the more players buy a subscription becuase the number of players grows.

We could see that in Albion Online.

I don't see a pay to win in this, if SV offer the poorer players the opportunity to play this game.
The problem is, it's actually not hard to farm up 500g with certain proffesions. It's quite easy. Alchemy for example. Everyone's going to need to buy growth/age items from these people so they can get their stats in order, potions that heal 100+hp can go for thousands of gold a keg. And it's honestly not too hard to get all the materials to make one. Right now with the amount of gold made I could probably pay for several months subs. It's not a pay to win model, but the amount of gold that can be made by a large guild in a few hours of farming dungeons will be tremendous like it was in MO1. The gold will fill the markets and no one would have to pay a sub and it would kill the game. I think not being able to pay and play sucks, but if we provide avenues to get around that issue of payment, more people would use it than not.

FinalGirlSid

Sep 23, 2021
SV could make DLC content. Only non crafted items and nothing that involves skills. Want to paint your horses hooves pink? No problem, $5 DLC. Want a different sound you make while breathing? No problem, 8 sounds to choose from $5 each DLC. Want to paint your house? No problem, cans of paint, $5 DLC. Want new emotes? No problem, each $5 DLC emotes pack unlock 5 new emotes, let them hear you roar! Want to turn your torch into a lantern? With the all new DLC lantern pack you can for only $5.

Eventually they could make more off DLC and I mean a lot more, then $15 a month subs will ever bring. Just charge a one time payment for the game then make it completely free to play. Every month or two bring out DLC content that like I said, doesn't involved or affect any skill. Your player base will increase dramatically and so will your profit. Trust me I know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: RAGNARRR

Automatiic

Oct 9, 2021
I'm sorry the exchange rate is horrible for where you live, and maybe some adjustment can be made for your region, but the idea of a monthly sub in general is not the problem. A monthly sub, in my opinion, is the best way to fund future development because it incentivises the developers to buidl the game, not make a bunch of bullshit cosmetics, for example, to make money. A healthy, stable game requires healthy, stable finances.

Automatiic

Oct 9, 2021
SV could make DLC content. Only non crafted items and nothing that involves skills. Want to paint your horses hooves pink? No problem, $5 DLC. Want a different sound you make while breathing? No problem, 8 sounds to choose from $5 each DLC. Want to paint your house? No problem, cans of paint, $5 DLC. Want new emotes? No problem, each $5 DLC emotes pack unlock 5 new emotes, let them hear you roar! Want to turn your torch into a lantern? With the all new DLC lantern pack you can for only $5.

Eventually they could make more off DLC and I mean a lot more, then $15 a month subs will ever bring. Just charge a one time payment for the game then make it completely free to play. Every month or two bring out DLC content that like I said, doesn't involved or affect any skill. Your player base will increase dramatically and so will your profit. Trust me I know what I'm talking about.

This is a horrible idea that flies directly in the face of what Star Vault is trying to build here. Pink hooves? Free to play? The game will be full of shitters that don't care about the game, the community, or the vision. Free to play game models are a cancer even for casual games but are wholly incompatible with games like MO2.