Me and my friends like the game. But paying monthly fees is unrealistic.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Me and my friends like the game. But paying monthly fees is unrealistic. In some countries even values as small as 15 dollars are heavy. In direct conversion in Brazil, for example, it is approximately 100 dollars.
Your monthly guaranteed minimum wage is 1100 Brazilian Real which is equivalent to around $211 USD. So 78ish Brazilian Real is required to sub your account. So thats around 14% of your monthly income, right?

yeah....that sucks. idk what to tell you. Its also possible I got that completely wrong.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Holy shit man, yeah unless you are planning on making money off this game with the content creation program or some other nefarious ways, I wouldn't pay 100$ or 14% of my living wages to play. Wow that is crazy. I mean I have heard of Venezuelans playing Runescape for a better life but fuck.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
15$ a month is a very standard sub fee for just about any mmorpg that has one. If you cant afford that, then you cant afford to play. That simple.
its like saying “guys, i really like to drive a ferrari but the buying costs are just unrealistic “
If you cant pay for a ferrari then go drive a honda.

Reactions: Rudakov and Draug

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Regional pricing might make sense, they definitely do that for game prices, not sure about game subs (ie is WoW 14.99 in all regions?). Though I guess that opens up all kinds of issues with people using VPNs etc to sign up from other regions for discounts.

Maybe if the sub is handled through Steam for example, they have it pretty well worked out to minimize people buying from other countries (I know, after living in Taiwan for a while, you need a credit card from there, there are restrictions on how often you can change, you can't access games bought in another country for X days in the original country etc).

Reactions: bbihah

RAGNARRR

Sep 13, 2021
We really love the game. We hope that when it arrives on Steam the monthly fee will be reasonable. The minimum wage in Brazil is actually 220 dollars on average. Although most earn more than 1 minimum wage. But for Brazilians, 15 dollars is really too much and unfeasible.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
We really love the game. We hope that when it arrives on Steam the monthly fee will be reasonable. The minimum wage in Brazil is actually 220 dollars on average. Although most earn more than 1 minimum wage. But for Brazilians, 15 dollars is really too much and unfeasible.
You could always farm me gold xd

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It would be nice to have regional pricing but it would be abused so hard.

I would just work for someone else ingame for them to pay your sub. I dont like the idea of getting stuff for real world money but this I would overlook.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
15$ a month is a very standard sub fee for just about any mmorpg that has one. If you cant afford that, then you cant afford to play. That simple.
its like saying “guys, i really like to drive a ferrari but the buying costs are just unrealistic “
If you cant pay for a ferrari then go drive a honda.

Implying that this is the Ferrari of mmorpgs aside, this is some weird gatekeeping. Nobody is hurt by regional pricing. We all benefit from a larger player base.

Reactions: night_vision_elf

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Implying that this is the Ferrari of mmorpgs aside, this is some weird gatekeeping. Nobody is hurt by regional pricing. We all benefit from a larger player base.
The issue with regional is that people just VPN to get the lowest price. I would be ok with regional and I would pay the full price but then you have to trust that people will pay it.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
As unfortunate as the situation is they do have to calculate how much revenue they need to sustain the game and how much to charge. It's a struggle with every business. Regional prices have their risk of abuse but if SV decides it is worth it they will implement it. That decision is not up to us to make, but we can make our wishes known.

I personally don't have a stance on this. If I continue finding the game enjoyable I will continue paying. If I don't find it enjoyable, or don't have the money I won't be playnig then.

Reactions: Castiel

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Aren't there some payment methods that already sort of work on a regional price basis? like Paycard etc?

Strutsekake

Sep 7, 2021
I think ppl need to get over the monthly fee thing. Players will spend equal amount of money in games with micro-transactions.

By the sound of it OP cant afford to spend much on any games, I dont see the argument against a monthly fee.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The argument of "I cant afford it so it needs to change" isnt an argument.
I can't afford to eat out everyday, clearly restaurants shall switch to a f2p model.

The argument at its core is the fear of a missing regional pricing modell. Thats valid :)
And the valid counter-argument is that its easy to exploit without a big costly payment provider, which is kind of lose/lose.

D

Dracu

I can't afford to eat out everyday, clearly restaurants shall switch to a f2p model.

And the valid counter-argument is that its easy to exploit without a big costly payment provider, which is kind of lose/lose.
Easy to exploit? Nah you guys always jump the exploit train way to quickly. Even if ... it would not be the majority if its a bannable offense. And to check that stuff really shouldnt be hard at all. They got lists with the order data and where those accounts originate in no way they cant track that stuff. This is not 1990 anymore. I rather would have a small amount of ppl that abuse a system rather then locking whole countries out of the game as potential customers/players.

Edit:
I mean common its 2021 you want to tell me that by now nobody figured out how to do regional pricing without it getting abused by literally everyone? Good joke nah... if they cant do it themselves they can partner up with a company that can do it.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I used to pay what? 90%? off by paying in Hryvnia when i used to play life is feudal. And they used the 3rd highest cost payment provider out there.

You think people wont be able to use VPNs to pay less?

Also Xsolla is about the level of revenue to be the best that SV can get. So if you want regional pricing, they are going to have to account for everyone using VPNs in the pricing. Back to square 1