Move Tephra/Blast Furnace to center map

• Move Tephra Center Map

• Move Blast Furnace Center Map

• Move Both Center Map

• Fine As Is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
I’m really curious to see where the community stands on this subject of having Tephra and Blast Furnace tucked into a corner of the map again rather than in the center of the map where all people would come to fight for it and generate a lot more PvP while also making it harder for any one guild to control these valuable resources.

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021
I feel that little corner will become even more valuable if they bring in Herabalter next. I don't think they can really move either blast furnace or tephra crater as they are part of lore/history of the game, but could definitely add some of each to another location.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
If tehpra and blast furnace cant be moved, they could consider adding some other high end material in center of map. Or maybe an outpost that gives the guild controlling it higher yeilds in the area or something similar

sloppyjoe

Jun 7, 2021
Is a GN going to be added to cave camp as well? That NE area is going to be end-game central!

I always wonder what would be better:

1. A community run market in the middle of the map that is used as a hub for events, trade, and some pvp or
  2. End-game content in the middle of the map that results in constant conflict

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I feel that little corner will become even more valuable if they bring in Herabalter next. I don't think they can really move either blast furnace or tephra crater as they are part of lore/history of the game, but could definitely add some of each to another location.
I say we cant hope for another continent for at least 2-3 years.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Game will pop off first month with around 8k players.

Server won't work because it's SV.

Next month 4k players.

3rd month 1k players.

4th month game dead.

No point in another continent map is already too big.

Just what will happen if they release with no content.

Reactions: KraaGHaack

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Henrik said that GK was the center of the map as Its between herabalter and myrland.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Game needs hotspots for those that seek PVP. One hotspot in the middle of the map that is somewhat fast reachable from all towns would be nice.
I actually don't really care what kind of hotspot it is.

Currently in Beta I'm having trouble getting any fights (likely caused by my EU primetime). In ~10 hours of mounted roaming I got 3 fights.

Reactions: Branjolf

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Game needs hotspots for those that seek PVP. One hotspot in the middle of the map that is somewhat fast reachable from all towns would be nice.
I actually don't really care what kind of hotspot it is.

Currently in Beta I'm having trouble getting any fights (likely caused by my EU primetime). In ~10 hours of mounted roaming I got 3 fights.

probably because there’s no hotspot center map is why you can’t find anyone. No town no nothing lol

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany

Probably because only a small number of players is really playing during beta. I didn't play between short time after open beta until last week. Most players are waiting for EA. See the large number of players during open beta!

The number of sold copies might be much larger than the 8k Henrik mentioned as break even. Has there been any information about the number of sold copied? Maybe 50k or even more? Most of them will try the game after EA and even more after official release.

From my view as archer and mage I really don't care about Tephra and Blast Furnace. Should I ask to move animals with scales or spiders into the center of the map?

Hot spots will be the roads between the cities for transports and the area around dungeons. And of cause the keep spots. In MO1 we had almost the same material distribution and many fights near cities.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
The lore problem is easy to solve...all the tephra got mined out and stripped of ore between MO1 and MO2. A new meteor of tephra can inexplicably land elsewhere on the map, it could even be intermittent and be an active event, meteor lands, people strip mine it and it's gone until another meteor lands somewhere else etc.

Blast furnace should probably stay, but again something like the GNat could have been destroyed and rebuilt over time elsewhere...easy peasy.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
The lore problem is easy to solve...all the tephra got mined out and stripped of ore between MO1 and MO2. A new meteor of tephra can inexplicably land elsewhere on the map, it could even be intermittent and be an active event, meteor lands, people strip mine it and it's gone until another meteor lands somewhere else etc.

Blast furnace should probably stay, but again something like the GNat could have been destroyed and rebuilt over time elsewhere...easy peasy.

love the meteor idea ! but i think blast furnace should be common

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
probably because there’s no hotspot center map is why you can’t find anyone. No town no nothing lol
The content is player built. So there wont be much content until the building is implemented. Simple as that. In the meantime, i welcome everyone to come res kill each other in gk.

Last edited:

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Probably because only a small number of players is really playing during beta. I didn't play between short time after open beta until last week. Most players are waiting for EA. See the large number of players during open beta!

The number of sold copies might be much larger than the 8k Henrik mentioned as break even. Has there been any information about the number of sold copied? Maybe 50k or even more? Most of them will try the game after EA and even more after official release.

From my view as archer and mage I really don't care about Tephra and Blast Furnace. Should I ask to move animals with scales or spiders into the center of the map?

Hot spots will be the roads between the cities for transports and the area around dungeons. And of cause the keep spots. In MO1 we had almost the same material distribution and many fights near cities.
Sold numbers are between 15-20 k

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
Have 1 blast furnace. Can stay in GK or move somewhere else.

Remove the tephra crater. Have the tephra crater spawn in different locations on different days. Example, the crater might be available near GK on day 5. On day 10, it changes to a location in the jungle. Have the crater keep rotating.

To tie into the realism/lore, it could be that once the tephra is all mined up, it goes away. However a distant volcano is still active causing tephra craters to appear all over myrland.

This would be good since people will be roaming looking for the crater spawn.

Tehmudjin

May 28, 2020
Inside your palisade
The advantage with putting these resources in a corner is that it requires players to invest in living in, or traveling far to, this area to even compete for them. It creates a high tier area for high tier guilds. If you place it all in the middle of the map it will be less of an investment of effort for a player/guild to go for the high tier resources.

Let the top tier resources be in a top tier effort area. Noobs, stay out.

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
I feel like its better to have the high end resources tucked in the corner of the map so noobs dont mistakenly walk into a server alliance res killing people in shifts to prevent people from being in the area.

Reactions: Tzone