Make Instances F2P until Sarducca

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
With the new instances, while it fixes one major problem, it creates an even bigger one. The fact that there will still be only one competitive main instance to build on makes the others null and void; pretty much a bandaid solution for people to play until Sarducca and the other continents are added.

This means the project is not finished and hundreds will be playing on an instance where they can’t do all the content. Big guilds with their numbers will still make it difficult to log into the main server. So I think it’s unfair to charge people to play on servers where we can’t build a house. It will just be a bunch of baby Myrlands, with limited access to the content envisioned.

While I do think it’s a good idea to have these instances, so the people can at least play and level their lores, make gold etc. I think it’s unfair to charge them. The subscription should go into affect when Sarducca arrives and players can experience all the content as intended.

Your thoughts?

Edited: the new idea will be to make baby Myrland servers F2P and the main Myrland instance subscription to play. This way @Henrik Nyström can still pay his staff and make new content. And once Sarducca and the others are implemented only subscribers can have access to those continents including the Myrland main server. F2P can play on Haven and baby Myrland instances.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
nay, I hated grief and mining alts. 40 bucks as a buy in for more queue-ers, I'mgud. :/

And if the 'fake instances' get going and they are smart enough to try things such as... easing pvp restrictions on one, making one a test sandbox that you can't take mats to-and-from (for trying out game play ideas in real time), what you think of as THE COMPETITIVE Myrland may change.

If I can play, make my mats/money, and not be overly punished for fights, I will consider that to be more competitive than a shoddy system-bound continent w/ massive queues that is already teeming with dubious materials. Like I said before, assuming SV can pull this off and actually make the shards run correctly, maybe continue to add base content so that the copy-worlds don't seem as empty when launched, and make at least one of them more pvp friendly... that's the one that I'll be on, and that's the one that will be generating the good video/stream content. :p

MO actually NEEDS side shards to pull back some of the things they implemented and see how terribly they are affecting the game and see how the game evolves without them pinning it down so hard. If they just make exact copy shards, then yea, that's not optimal... big wasted opportunity, but I'd probably still play on the no building one because that's not what I play for, at all. I assume many other people prefer roaming the world to putting down roots, as well; there are survival games with worlds that aren't nearly as big or complex as MO. It's hard to see how that wouldn't draw in players of that population as well, cuz then it wouldn't be about 'joining da biggest guild' and zerging, at least as much. Numbers would still help, but they wouldn't give you an outright advantage, unless I'm misunderstanding and they are going to still allow keeps to be claimed. I figured it would be more like beta, where the keeps were ruins.

We need chests, we need camps, we need mobs, but beyond that... the cities are fine as they are!

SV don't ruin this opportunity to test some different rule sets in your shards! Especially if plan to go back to one world at some point, or diff continents. Start w/ hard pet leashing (so they never are unbound, disappearing and reappearing behind you, as I suggested in another thread), and either boost starting rep and parcel run gain by A LOT (on some server) or attempt to redesign the system completely.

In the end, yea we're still paying for EA, but guess what, so are dudes on 'main island.' They are just under the impression they are doing more hehhhh.

Armegeddon

Nov 8, 2020
No to FTP, but yeah... until people can actually log in with out a 10 hour queue.. no sub cost for sure..

Think of those GForce live accounts they gave away.. 8 hour limit per day.. ate up by a queue..

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
nay, I hated grief and mining alts. 40 bucks as a buy in for more queue-ers, I'mgud. :/

And if the 'fake instances' get going and they are smart enough to try things such as... easing pvp restrictions on one, making one a test sandbox that you can't take mats to-and-from (for trying out game play ideas in real time), what you think of as THE COMPETITIVE Myrland may change.

If I can play, make my mats/money, and not be overly punished for fights, I will consider that to be more competitive than a shoddy system-bound continent w/ massive queues that is already teeming with dubious materials. Like I said before, assuming SV can pull this off and actually make the shards run correctly, maybe continue to add base content so that the copy-worlds don't seem as empty when launched, and make at least one of them more pvp friendly... that's the one that I'll be on, and that's the one that will be generating the good video/stream content. :p

MO actually NEEDS side shards to pull back some of the things they implemented and see how terribly they are affecting the game and see how the game evolves without them pinning it down so hard. If they just make exact copy shards, then yea, that's not optimal... big wasted opportunity, but I'd probably still play on the no building one because that's not what I play for, at all. I assume many other people prefer roaming the world to putting down roots, as well; there are survival games with worlds that aren't nearly as big or complex as MO. It's hard to see how that wouldn't draw in players of that population as well, cuz then it wouldn't be about 'joining da biggest guild' and zerging, at least as much. Numbers would still help, but they wouldn't give you an outright advantage, unless I'm misunderstanding and they are going to still allow keeps to be claimed. I figured it would be more like beta, where the keeps were ruins.

We need chests, we need camps, we need mobs, but beyond that... the cities are fine as they are!

SV don't ruin this opportunity to test some different rule sets in your shards! Especially if plan to go back to one world at some point, or diff continents. Start w/ hard pet leashing (so they never are unbound, disappearing and reappearing behind you, as I suggested in another thread), and either boost starting rep and parcel run gain by A LOT (on some server) or attempt to redesign the system completely.

In the end, yea we're still paying for EA, but guess what, so are dudes on 'main island.' They are just under the impression they are doing more hehhhh.
You almost sound like you are forced to build a house with current ruleset. No one's stopping you from roaming but having an option to place a house is nice.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You almost sound like you are forced to build a house with current ruleset. No one's stopping you from roaming but having an option to place a house is nice.

Do I? lol. It's nice, for you. What if it's not nice for me? What if... other people exist who it is not nice for? It's not game breaking to have houses, but it's kind of ugly. It's unnecessary, if the game hard-requires a house then I think the design is flawed.

We will find out soon enough. Like I said, boldly, you will be surprised at people who enjoy non-building content. BOLDLY. JPG of BBQ SAUCE.

Edit: this shit falling into our (my?) lap is going to give people no option but to play without housing, and thus adapt, grow. They could never have considered it, otherwise; it was a logical step to them. Seems like a sandbox accomplishment, you play and then place a house, but in a world where it's not possible, you will be forced to do other things and expand your play style. Perhaps your concept of MO is too small if you think that placing a house is a make or break thing. Time will tell. Let's wait to see what happens!

Kyllike

Jan 30, 2022
It is not a requirement to build your own house, this is a social game - some people will have a house in your spot. Just ask to help them and contribute to a village.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Or how about this guys instead of F2P for all content. Make the baby Myrland servers F2P and the main Myrland instance subscription to play. This way @Henrik Nyström can still pay his staff and make new content. And once Sarducca and the others are implemented only subscribers can have access to those continents including the Myrland main server. F2P can play on Haven and baby Myrland instances.

If you like this idea I’ll include it in the original post.

Reactions: Kyllike
Jan 28, 2022
It's good that we're getting another Myrland. It's needs to be the same ruleset as the main Myrland though, because all the builders and most guilds will still want to get on the one with full features. This feels like they're slapping a Mickey Mouse bandaid on a gunshot wound.

And yes, there are people who don't care for building but still, if the other server allows you to progress more, most people will still want to be there. Also I don't think this will remove the queues, they will most likely be shorter, but most of the people who started in the main server will still try to go mainly there and not the lesser server. We know it's not a game breaking thing to not build a house, but I like building in games.

I really think the best bet would be having different build areas for different shards, if there's 2 - main server would build north parts of map and the other server would build in the south for example ? And have a no build zone in the middle, so nothing would overlap. Then if they can merge the shards some day it could be done quite easily ?

Reactions: Serverus