magic reflect changes. do you like it?

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
I suggest undo the change like it was before. There is no reason to not have magic reflect now.
magic reflect now only triggers if you get dps spell on you. Healers heal you through the magic reflect.

How do you guys feel about the new reflect changes?

✌🏻

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
It might be a bit too strong now. Upping the mana cost a little bit while also significantly reducing the up time would be a good balance factor now that there is no downside to have magic reflect up. 30 mana cost with like 180-240 second up time is probably more where it should be when it doesnt block heals.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
In the past magic reflect had some drawbacks and you needed to consider in which cases it was worth it. I actually liked it the way it was before.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
actually i'm starting to like it, it brought a new dynamics to mage pvp

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
You have turned a spell that was used to outplay people into a braindead spell that has no disbenefits.
This will turn into everyone precasting magic reflect on their group
which, in turn, will make using magic damage spells useless because all ur going to do is hit urself.
Congrats SV, now everyone has a free get out of jail free card that not only negates spell damage but REFLECTS it back to the user for 17 mins

You continue to do this
You made it so earthquake doesn't dismount making it so the mounted meta is broken.
You made it so fulmination doesn't make a cloud over someone when you cast it on them. Before you could spot this in the middle of a fight and react to it based purely on visual ques
You removed the noise that corruption makes when you cast it on someone. Before you could hear the noise and you knew you needed to prep puri
You made all the spells a basic red color so people dont know what people are casting 90% of the time and cant react to them

Stop dumbing down the magic system to accommodate these brain dead idiots that don't understand why spells are balanced the way they are

Do better

Last edited:

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
The AI spells can be reflected was a very welcome change. I think it was ridiculous it would bounce heals too, I think it's pretty good spot for it now, finally usable as we will maybe have some necros actually attacking ppl in the wilds soon instead of the usual MA only.

One spell reflected is not a gamechanging for PvP, you can surely test it with spurt if you are afraid..

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
You have turned a spell that was used to outplay people into a braindead spell that has no disbenefits.
which, in turn, will make using magic damage spells useless because all ur going to do is hit urself.
Congrats SV, now everyone has free get out of jail free card that not only negates spell damage but REFLECTS it back to the user for 17 mins

You continue to do this
You made it so earthquake doesn't dismount making it so the mounted meta is broken.
You made it so fulmination doesn't make a cloud over someone when you cast it on them. Before you could spot this in the middle of a fight and react to it based purely on visual ques
You removed the noise that corruption makes when you cast it on someone. Before you could hear the noise and you knew you needed to prep puri
You made all the spells are a basic red color so people dont know what people are casting 90% of the time and cant react to them

Stop dumbing down the magic system to accommodate these brain dead idiots that don't understand why spells are balanced the way they are

Do better

I have to remove my headset when I'm crafting items because the sound effect literally hurts my ears its so loud, but I can hardly tell someone is corrupted unless they tell me over VOIP/disc.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It might be a bit too strong now. Upping the mana cost a little bit while also significantly reducing the up time would be a good balance factor now that there is no downside to have magic reflect up. 30 mana cost with like 180-240 second up time is probably more where it should be when it doesnt block heals.
I agree with reducing the uptime (even down to 60 seconds or less) but the mana cost should probably be reduced as well as the cast time. It should be used mid-combat more instead of always roaming with reflect up.

It really became more difficult for mages and easier for footies though. You need to be extremely careful to not hurt yourself, and using it (and all the spurts) mid-combat means you're losing even more mana which is a precious resource that we always don't have enough of. A buff to mana regen would be greatly appreciated.

Again it probably contributes more to the "healing battery" role of a mage (you can't hurt yourself by healing people) so it needs futher balancing. Imagine if there was a physical reflect spell that had no downsides, the outrage among footies would be glorious. But in general i like the new dynamics. Just needs balancing. Which i don't think SV will ever do so... maybe revert the change after all?

Damn. Can't decide.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Oh that's what all that text meant? Yea that's dumb. It hasn't worked that way in any game I ever played?! I do remember bouncing off reflect in old RPGs to dmg protected enemies, but I don't recall a game where you can heal thru a reflect. I mean you got other forms of heal... but magic heal?

Edit: go back to the 90s an bust out some delta attacks!

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Reflect not reflecting heals is retarded, like freehorsi said it destroyed it's situational use and now it's just more dumbed down for stupid people. I bet all my money some retarded noob suggested this and SV said "hey this is great material" roflmao.
Why do they keep making this retarded changes who nobody asked for, thats because they listen to idiotic steam kids, damn.

Reactions: FreeHorses

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I know free horses is really upset (the best mounted fat mage and one of the best mages in game). Happily mana the worse mages in the game are no longer on the test team according to Henrik. Hopefully it gets better now on for the mages in the game.

But they really need to make mental projectile be reflected by reflect. Spiritist will portal into peoples house to grief them and the counter was to magic reflect yourself. Its also a long range spell that animation wont show if too far away. reflect really helped against spiritist griefing.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Robmo says they aren't changing it. F to offensive mage gameplay.
Fuck this, i'm switching back to melee. It was a good idea before and now there is absolutely no point in keep being mage unless being a healbot is your dream career. Just be alvarin with 50 ecumenical, ez.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I like the changes but I understand the drawbacks. I would have just been fine with it finally working against NPCs. But I would also like mind blast to work against people and do more damage than it does now. Or perhaps leave the damage the same but have it ignore magic reflect.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I like the changes but I understand the drawbacks. I would have just been fine with it finally working against NPCs. But I would also like mind blast to work against people and do more damage than it does now. Or perhaps leave the damage the same but have it ignore magic reflect.

should def be double dmg if you reflect a mind blast onto yourself lol. The healing stuff is nutso tho. I'm not gonna cheez it, but it's just stupid balance wise.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
From a mage point of view, this is the worst change to me personally as a mage main that has happened so far in MO2. I now feel like being a literal healbot most of the time is typically more effective as every single person on the enemy team has a reflect on and I hurt myself most times I try to go offensive. I have played mage pvp for 8 years in Mortal and I would suggest they revert this change... being a healbot is boring and 95% of my spells are not heals so this is not how a mage in this game is designed or should be.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Some suggestions:

1. Reduce its duration and make it scale off psyche. Not intelligence, as it should benefit psy fighters. say 5 seconds with 10 psyche, scaling linearly to 20 seconds at 100 psyche.

2. Reduce it's mana cost to like 10, and cast time to 1 second.

3. It should be removed with purify.

This way it will still be a useful situational spell that you cast mid or right before combat, and enemy mages will have a chance to notice it.

Reactions: Calcal

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
I was initially ver excited about it, but noticed, as other players have said, it nerfs the mage in the end of day.

Being a dedicated healer is boring as hell. I have been trying to play mage as a total offence with healing at the side, since beta.

Reactions: Calcal and Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Congrats SV, now everyone has a free get out of jail free card that not only negates spell damage but REFLECTS it back to the user for 17 mins

You continue to do this
You made all the spells a basic red color so people dont know what people are casting 90% of the time and cant react to them

Do better

Hell I just want knockdowns back.

Reactions: Najwalaylah