Magic is stupid in mortal online 2

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
If magic would be on the same pvp level. than everyone will play mages non stop because youre pvp ready with 5g equipment and a fighter need atleast 10 times more than that to be pvp ready.

So from that point of view its unfair that mages dont need so much stuff to be ready for pvp.

Or am i wrong?

Last edited:

Not

Mar 2, 2021
Ecumenical is not supposed to be the "full mage" experience. It´s a bit of everything and none of it too powerful. Perfect for combinations with other skills.

Ecu magic is hitscan, making it easier to use than archery and as others have pointed out it uses mana instead of stamina as a resource.

It will be interesting to see what they do in terms of making it viable in PvE. Since the whole system seems fairly basic right now I did not do any big tests. Killing a guard with magic was basically impossible though, which is not a good sign.
Everything except pvp in mortal online. Magic is useless. No utility no damage no range no armor no healing better than bandages no interest to anyone smart. Oh and requires intelligence see what they did there?

Not

Mar 2, 2021
They also cost less mana, no? I had no problem widdling down a Bandit yesterday using Outburst. They also heem to have upped the range. It's been a while though ....

@Not What are you even on about? ...
Useless crap a bow can best and makes no sense to do in a pvp rigged game.

Not

Mar 2, 2021
If magic would be on the same pvp level. than everyone will play mages non stop because youre pvp ready with 5g equipment and a fighter need atleast 10 times more than that to be pvp ready.

So from that point of view its unfair that mages dont need so much stuff to be ready for pvp.

Or am i wrong?
Ha ha I said make ONE spell like a bow and arrow, no spellcasting failure just prepare and shoot like a bow in distance and strength and maybe some quick cast deflect arrow, and you come with this ridiculous concept of calling that naked idiot now with a mana based bow equal pvper...

Totally idiotic comparison...

I ALSO SAID JUST MAKE THE RANGE LONGER, to give wizards a place as catapults in game as artillery.... but no, ridiculous nerf range...

Mages having spells against each other is the worse stupidity of this system, since you want to defend yourself in someway from the other two types of char...

Further, you could add long range spells and camouflage spell like predator and shift the mage to a more opportunistic gameplay influencing but not dominating a battle without going suicide.

a.out

May 28, 2020
I think you just gonna have to git gud. Although I think projectile based magic instead of hitscan with a fixed range would have been more fun, I'll give you that.

Also, more magic schools will follow, if everything goes according to plan.

no healing better than bandages
This is clearly a lie. Have you tried upping your int?

Reactions: Kaemik and Rhias
Jan 23, 2021
one slight issue i see in MO2 is that, for magic, the 1 char limitation becomes quite worst. as stated, mages are fundamental support characters in pvp, but kinda useless for anything else. having only one character available makes this playstyle quite shallow imo.

in MO1, pretty much everyone rolled a mage/hybrid alt to swap from the main foot fighter/mounted when bored. being forced into mage with one character only, which you probably cannot even use to farm animal materials or mine because of stat distribution, is gonna be a pretty limiting game experience.

maybe with thievery a mage could diversify into a thief/tamer, or maybe new magic schools will help mages become more versatile characters

I think that's the point of only having 1 character. With multiple characters you are less dependent on others. A dedicated mage who has to rely on others to gather materials is balanced by the player who has a mage that's not min/maxed. They are trading away part of 'an edge' to be more functional in day to day activities. I think that's a good thing. Sure, it can be countered by a player having more than one account - but that has its own additional costs.

As for the effectiveness of Magic, its a bit early to be jumping to conclusions until the rest of the system is available to evaluate. From what I read in some other threads, at one time Necromancy was considered OP. We need to see the rest of the vision before judging the whole.

Reactions: Castiel

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Completely wrong! You can heal several times within 10-15 seconds. How many bandages can you take in 10-15 seconds? And how often can you bandage a guild mate?
Please don't try to argue with logic. We're beyond this.
His response will probably be:

Yes the stupid mage is death before finish casting unless the other is afk, go play tetris.

I'm actually still not sure if he's serious or if he's just trolling.

Reactions: Speznat and Xunila

Zyloth

Nov 24, 2020
Further, you could add long range spells and camouflage spell like predator and shift the mage to a more opportunistic gameplay influencing but not dominating a battle without going suicide.

The longer the cast time the longer the range could bring some interesting developments as well...

Illusion magic confirmed as a school..eventually

one slight issue i see in MO2 is that, for magic, the 1 char limitation becomes quite worst. as stated, mages are fundamental support characters in pvp, but kinda useless for anything else. having only one character available makes this playstyle quite shallow imo.
Are you talking about PvE? Henrik was talking on stream about making mages more viable PvE. 59 min into the most recent stream on twitch he is talking about turning down enemy stats or making them take increased dmg something like that so that mages can farm as well.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Completely wrong! You can heal several times within 10-15 seconds. How many bandages can you take in 10-15 seconds? And how often can you bandage a guild mate?

Not only that but on like a 50-int character you heal in the 40s consistently. 42 to 29 with 50 Int which is like hybrid stats, not even mage stats.

Bandages need some good RNG to heal in the 40s. Often they are as low as the 20s.

Not you are a breath of fresh air from these fevered fan boys.

Me yesterday:

I was somewhat hopeful, but boy did you ever disappoint:

• Added 16 extra attribute points to pure Tindremenes.
  • Added 8 extra attribute points to Sidoians.
  • Added 16 extra attribute points to Sarducaans.
  • Added 4 extra attribute points to Kallards.

I'm not sure how to spell this out any more plainly.

KHURITES ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST RACE IN THE GAME!

Kallards have more strength, more con, more attribute pool, and more size. Khurites have more dex. YOU NERFED DEX. And their low attribute pool means that aren't even a very good choice for hybrids anymore.

Kallards are better foot fighters. Every human is a better hybrid. Damn near every race in the game is better at nearly any form of mounted build (Despite the lore saying the complete opposite).

And you... BUFFED EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BUT KHURITES?!

WHAT THE HELL GUYS?!

I have no issue calling wrong as wrong. But fundamentally mages are not flawed in this game. They need refinement, their pets / their other schools. Mana needs to function and a score of bugs need to be worked out / visual improvements made.

The fact the stand-still-to-cast school doesn't feel viable in 1v1s with no domination (to which it is a prerequisite) or combat pets of any sort though seems fine.

Reactions: a.out

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Not only that but on like a 50-int character you heal in the 40s consistently. 42 to 29 with 50 Int which is like hybrid stats, not even mage stats.
To be fair, everyone has magic offense and all the other magic skills maxed right now.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
To be fair, everyone has magic offense and all the other magic skills maxed right now.

So do most hybrids I thought? At least in terms of spell-power relevant stats. I thought if hybrids dumped magic stats it was likely more related to mana. Like I would expect to see 100-offense on nearly any build that has any business calling itself a mage.

In terms of mana stats, we may get them all for free right now, but a fatmage has 100 mana which is totally not how it's meant to work.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Meant Mental Offense, not magic offense. They should probably rename that "Mental Proficiency/Power/Prowess" or something anyway.
All in all we'll have to see how many skill points we actually have in the end. In a way everyone will be a hybrid as we'll all have to compress multiple characters into one.
As I said for a long time now, having only one character and giving them a bigger skill pool will just trivialize skill choice more.