Magic Damage

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Magic reflect? Purify? Purify Potion (they're ingame yet, right?). Works also without 100 psy. You just need to be willing to spent the points.
No, purify potions are not in game yet because no combine skill.
Magic reflect and purify make you more of a hybrid, you need int for that, yes?
Even though I take less damage on my psy fighter, it is still only 3 spells from a fat mage and I am dead because I have less HP.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You are mistaken, Psy is well worth getting. Fat mage here can confirm i can deal 80 damage with a Fulm at 138 Int vs 20 PSY foot fighter. I look at Mage vs Foot Fighter like this. My Mission Snipe you for as much damage as i can before you can get close. It takes me 3 Fulms or 3 Flamestikes to kill a foot fighter. The issue is the range of those spells and the charge time. Usually at most i can do 1 Flame or Fulm and 1 other faster charging spell before the enemy foot fighter is attacking me. Once the melee is in melee range as a fat mage i can't run away, as a fat mage i also can't deal any more spell damage because chance of casting spell uninterrupted is 40% and warriors can combo 2 charge hits and a 3rd fast strike making it so i have zero chance of actually ever doing another spell..... Against a PSY fighter those fulms are doing 55-64 damage like you said at 64 damage that is 192hp from 3 hits. Most Foot fighters have 200hp. Meaning i need 4 strikes to kill you. Because i can usually only cast 1 Fulm or Flame for 64 damage followed by a Outburst 25 damage against a PSy fighter before the enemy foot fighter is in my face with a weapon. Now i fight a uphill battle of trying to get any thunderstrike 40 damage or outburst 25 damage spell to work which rarely happens. Even if i do get lucky i need 5 more Outburst possibly 6 when you think about passive regen and bandages. And about 4 more thunderstrike. So honestly the chances of me killing a Normal foot fighter that has No Psy is ended in 3 fulms, chances of me killing a Psy Fighter impossible. If we talk about Dex mage the damage the mages deal is even less and the number of spells to kill opponent increases against foot fighter and Psy foot fighter.
Psy fighter likely has less than 200hp. Mine is stout veela, it has 180hp. so 3 hits, same as a no psy footfighter with 200+hp.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
No, purify potions are not in game yet because no combine skill.
Magic reflect and purify make you more of a hybrid, you need int for that, yes?
Even though I take less damage on my psy fighter, it is still only 3 spells from a fat mage and I am dead because I have less HP.
You need int or psy to have that much mana. 25 for magic reflect I think. So you need to spend 5 points in int or psy.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Lol reading this thread made me lose brain cells. People are so stuck on "WOW YOU CANT ACTUALLY HIT 80 PLAY THE GAME" that they are forgetting that a naked mage can hit 70's and ignore armor fully. thats garbage game play, and the game is going to flop if they dont fix stuff like that. Nobody is going to waste hours getting gear in a over sized world that takes too long to find people, so they can get splattered by a bunch of mages that ignore armor. But dont worry they still had to make armor because 10 silver bows are super op so if they don't die to mages they die to MA's. Being a psyfighter helps but having to roll a psyfighter because mage damage is too high isnt good design. Ya it was lame in mo1 when mages had no kill potential but thats what happens when your healer support guys can also ignore armor. They dont get to hit hard cuz it would be busted.

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
Lol reading this thread made me lose brain cells. People are so stuck on "WOW YOU CANT ACTUALLY HIT 80 PLAY THE GAME" that they are forgetting that a naked mage can hit 70's and ignore armor fully. thats garbage game play, and the game is going to flop if they dont fix stuff like that. Nobody is going to waste hours getting gear in a over sized world that takes too long to find people, so they can get splattered by a bunch of mages that ignore armor. But dont worry they still had to make armor because 10 silver bows are super op so if they don't die to mages they die to MA's. Being a psyfighter helps but having to roll a psyfighter because mage damage is too high isnt good design. Ya it was lame in mo1 when mages had no kill potential but thats what happens when your healer support guys can also ignore armor. They dont get to hit hard cuz it would be busted.

In Silkroad Online there was like 3 tiers of armor. Heavy (high phys, low magic def), Medium, and Light (low phys, high magic def). Maybe adding slight magic defense properties in some comparable way could also be a thing for MO2 and make medium and light armors actually a thing.

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
In Silkroad Online there was like 3 tiers of armor. Heavy (high phys, low magic def), Medium, and Light (low phys, high magic def). Maybe adding slight magic defense properties in some comparable way could also be a thing for MO2 and make medium and light armors actually a thing.
Or make a way to enchant armor with added magical protection / Give certain materials magical properties. Could be a good way to buff worse materials. But we need something. Magic cant just be true damage thats good damage with a soulbound spellbook using reagents that cost nothing. bows costing nothing and doing good damage is a similar issue that also needs a rework but thats a diff problem for a different thread lol.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Fat mages have always been a meme class that does absurd damage with little investment. Its a class for idiots who need the help of hitscan to allow them to do big numbers in a fight.

They obviously can't balance int scaling...and they don't even seem to care. Id rather not see fatmage squads rolling around sniping me for 40-50% of my HP while they ride around laughing.

People who defend these meme builds are part of the problem. Its just as bad as mounted mauls, old weakspot damage, deathknights, old dual strike, etc.

Fuck outta here with this super high damage per-use bullshit. We don't need gimmicky combat in MO2.

Reactions: Jatix and Dracu

Piet

May 28, 2020
Fat mages have always been a meme class that does absurd damage with little investment. Its a class for idiots who need the help of hitscan to allow them to do big numbers in a fight.

They obviously can't balance int scaling...and they don't even seem to care. Id rather not see fatmage squads rolling around sniping me for 40-50% of my HP while they ride around laughing.

People who defend these meme builds are part of the problem. Its just as bad as mounted mauls, old weakspot damage, deathknights, old dual strike, etc.

Fuck outta here with this super high damage per-use bullshit. We don't need gimmicky combat in MO2.
The OP said normal mages are hitting for 80 plus though and wants all magic nerfed not just fat mage. I have never seen a dex mage hit for 80. It be a whole different convo if it was about fat mages. At that point I would argue it's back to the whole the int curve change was terrible. And maybe a further nerf to fat mages. If you look though a lot of the people arguing that mages are too strong now are people who argued for the int curve change and didn't have forethought on how that would affect things like this.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Fat mage’s damage needs to be nerfed yes.
However, overall (normal) mage survivability has to be improved also.
Ever since they nerfed the vheela’s kiting build there is little mages can do to stay alive. And sorry but blocking with a shield doesnt cut it. You'll still die, just takes more swings.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
I don’t even tend to target people who I know to have psy or have resisted me more than once in a fight I’ve hit people for 19 dmg fulms after they resisted my bulging mage with 115 Int

No offense but it shouldn’t get better than that you just need to employ better strategies. Getting popped by 3 mages insta solo.. well why tf are you fighting 3 mages solo?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I don’t even tend to target people who I know to have psy or have resisted me more than once in a fight I’ve hit people for 19 dmg fulms after they resisted my bulging mage with 115 Int

No offense but it shouldn’t get better than that you just need to employ better strategies. Getting popped by 3 mages insta solo.. well why tf are you fighting 3 mages solo?
Its like riding your horse into 3 mounted archers and complaining about getting dehorsed and then killed. 3 of anything is basically a death sentence. At least mages mostly have difficulties chasing people down...

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
More likely he got blown up by 3 mounted fat mages while he was in a footfight, or farming a risar on foot.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
More likely he got blown up by 3 mounted fat mages while he was in a footfight, or farming a risar on foot.

Could replace those two fat mages with 2 MCs and get the same results

If 3 thursars with double axes came up and hit him he’d be dead lol like what are we doing guys let’s be real

Again this is a 3v1 we’re talking about

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Could replace those two fat mages with 2 MCs and get the same results

If 3 thursars with double axes came up and hit him he’d be dead lol like what are we doing guys let’s be real

Again this is a 3v1 we’re talking about
Well you van 3v1 melee, block one circle around to cut off the others then out run them if you cant.

mages have hitscan and unblockable damage and hit through armor.

Id honest rather fight 3 mc then two fat mages.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The OP said normal mages are hitting for 80 plus though and wants all magic nerfed not just fat mage. I have never seen a dex mage hit for 80. It be a whole different convo if it was about fat mages. At that point I would argue it's back to the whole the int curve change was terrible. And maybe a further nerf to fat mages. If you look though a lot of the people arguing that mages are too strong now are people who argued for the int curve change and didn't have forethought on how that would affect things like this.
Well i was speaking on the fat mages. I think a lot can agree the int curve change was a bad play and at this point I would even rather see it reverted if they plan to not do any changes with it. Does anyone have a chart of current and pre-patch damage?

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
INT curve change was great for mages, what are you even talking about. It's literally just Veela hybrids that are big mad their broken build doesn't work. They should just adapt and play Human instead. Or accept going 90 INT and having no PSY. I mean sure it sucked but I admit that it was too good for 50 INT.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
INT curve change was great for mages, what are you even talking about. It's literally just Veela hybrids that are big mad their broken build doesn't work. They should just adapt and play Human instead. Or accept going 90 INT and having no PSY. I mean sure it sucked but I admit that it was too good for 50 INT.
Broken build? Are you saying Veela hybrids were OP?

And I would rather not just "adapt and go human". They are the most boring clade in the game.

The INT curve was great for mages why? Because it makes them do more damage than hybrids now? Is that your only reason? Im genuinely interested in what you like about the change so much.

Is 90 INT the old 50?

Last edited: