Magic Damage

D

Deleted member 44

I'm not exactly sure what needs to be adjusted, be it the INT curve or the magic abilities themselves, but magic damage is really really high right now. Normal mages are hitting for 80+ on fulmination and 50~ with thunderlash. Maybe raise the effectiveness of PSY but something needs to change.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
I'm not exactly sure what needs to be adjusted, be it the INT curve or the magic abilities themselves, but magic damage is really really high right now. Normal mages are hitting for 80+ on fulmination and 50~ with thunderlash. Maybe raise the effectiveness of PSY but something needs to change.
Stop lie, go create a mage und show us your numbers :) 80+ fulms xD iam not sure if you can even hit 80+ With a 138 int mage against a target without psy i think it was like 76. but you are a wheelchair then

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yes, 80+ fulms and flamestrikes in the70's from a fat mage (which are very normal now) against a Thursar are terrible. I think I will not be playing Thursar after the game goes live.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
so if a mage don’t damage Someone that got zero psy like a thusar, why anyone should role a mage? XD

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
so if a mage don’t damage Someone that got zero psy like a thusar, why anyone should role a mage? XD
My character with 70 psy got hit for from 55-64 damage 9 times out of 10 hits, the 1 time it resists it is hit for 33 damage. This from a bulging sheevra foot mage, not even an oghmir. Psy is simply not worth getting.

D

Deleted member 44

Stop lie, go create a mage und show us your numbers :) 80+ fulms xD iam not sure if you can even hit 80+ With a 138 int mage against a target without psy i think it was like 76. but you are a wheelchair then
I have a sheevra. I'll be happy to.

By increasing my weight on my Sheevra I can drastically increase my magic damage while still being faster than most fighters. Even at 105 intelligence I was able to hit the dummy for 70.

I'm dealing 70+ to walking dead with fulmination.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: AssassinOTL

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
I have a sheevra. I'll be happy to.

By increasing my weight on my Sheevra I can drastically increase my magic damage while still being faster than most fighters. Even at 105 intelligence I was able to hit the dummy for 70.

I'm dealing 70+ to walking dead with fulmination.

i think you Deal extra magic damage to zombies. Just try it on a other player with 10 psy
on zombies I made fulms for almost 100

D

Deleted member 44

i think you Deal extra magic damage to zombies. Just try it on a other player with 10 psy
on zombies I made fulms for almost 100
In the process of making my character bulging. Will have 95 DEX, 115 INT, and 83 PSY. The dummys are the best test targets as they have no defenses. I do think you're correct that monsters take more magic damage. I know horses take more magic damage as well.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I think we can all agree that someone who doesnt play anything other than a griefer and runs around as a MA, shouldnt be making any complaints about Magic by doing terrible tests against starter items, and not even against a player, scummy feedback like this doesnt help, How about we talk about how When MA ride they can pull a Bow and Steer at the same time even tho the hands are off the Reigns... and that was the explanation for why Mounted Mages couldn't?

lets skip over this fake news we all know a Foot Fighter can do more damage than that in one swing, no delay no chance of interruption, way faster, and Archers even more so, when they can just let loose an quiver of arrows before you blink at range lol

D

Deleted member 44

I think we can all agree that someone who doesnt play anything other than a griefer and runs around as a MA, shouldnt be making any complaints about Magic by doing terrible tests against starter items, and not even against a player, scummy feedback like this doesnt help, How about we talk about how When MA ride they can pull a Bow and Steer at the same time even tho the hands are off the Reigns... and that was the explanation for why Mounted Mages couldn't?

lets skip over this fake news we all know a Foot Fighter can do more damage than that in one swing, no delay no chance of interruption, way faster, and Archers even more so, when they can just let loose an quiver of arrows before you blink at range lol
Someone is very angry. I can tell you've never ridden a horse in real life. You don't need your hands city boy. I use magic and have a mage. Magic damage is too high for the relatively low cost involved. If you can't see this you're deluding yourself. I play the game to RPK, you play the game to RP as a head hunter. You seem very angry that I'm better than you and your mates and not angry about balance changes.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
In the process of making my character bulging. Will have 95 DEX, 115 INT, and 83 PSY. The dummys are the best test targets as they have no defenses. I do think you're correct that monsters take more magic damage. I know horses take more magic damage as well.
Just test it on a player, you won’t hit any player for 80+, no matter how low their psy is. Mages are in a okish spot right now, melee/ archer can still deal much more dps. But it’s ok

D

Deleted member 94

Perhaps it would be best to submit a bug report on the matter if you feel this is not intended.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
lol damage on combat dummies and zombies isn't the same as damage on players; It's higher than normal. I wish I could hit 80 damage with fulm, that would be lit given nobody plays mage so you'd never get purified.

D

Deleted member 44

I got hit for 74 today in our fight with Legion/koto. I have 15 PSY. You'll have to ask them their builds but magic was pretty effective for them today. I'm still making my sheevra overweight. I'll post with damage tests once complete.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
The sheevra won't do as much damage as an oghmir. It will max out around 64 damage from a fulmination.

D

Deleted member 44

The sheevra won't do as much damage as an oghmir. It will max out around 64 damage from a fulmination.
That's still extremely high given that I have 180 health. Fulmination and Flamestrike combo and I'm at 1/3 health.

Reactions: Rorry
D

Deleted member 44

If you fear mages, roll a psyfighter. Problem solved.

Eh. Not really and that's the point of this thread. Additionally, a lot of races don't have enough attributes to devote to PSY.

I just need three mages to delete most players instantly.