Magic Damage

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Here's my problem, when I Ask why Mages get Negative Damage Bonuses and Cant do what Other Melee/Archers can do because of their low damage, I'm met with resistance like "well the class isn't supposed to do that" or "it needs another class to do that for it" in terms of PVP and PVE but when it comes to the Foot fighter being able to do things that the Mages alone should be able to do I.e. Healing with just some points into INT, it's being supported heavily, can someone explain to me the Lopsided logic? Because there are bandages, they are there for the Melee to use they are not gimped in that department, but I'm open to hear why.

It's not being supported heavily, just that the "Paladin/Mage Fighter" group that enjoyed the pre-change healing now do less healing, therefore they're complaining. See: https://www.mortalonline2.com/forums/attachments/1620407069794-png.1965/

There is potentially room to raise the min healing slightly to help accommodate for this as I don't believe touching the INT scaling is the solution. It's also much better mechanically to have a linear base and then pivot off that through additional variables such as skills, clades and the spell scales. That way you can adjust the individual spells without impacting the overall power mechanic that affects ALL spells.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
It's not being supported heavily, just that the "Paladin/Mage Fighter" group that enjoyed the pre-change healing now do less healing, therefore they're complaining. See: https://www.mortalonline2.com/forums/attachments/1620407069794-png.1965/

There is potentially room to raise the min healing slightly to help accommodate for this as I don't believe touching the INT scaling is the solution. It's also much better mechanically to have a linear base and then pivot off that through additional variables such as skills, clades and the spell scales. That way you can adjust the individual spells without impacting the overall power mechanic that affects ALL spells.
A guild mate actually spoke about that earlier. Individual spells having different scaling. For example i would be fine if at 50 INT I could hit the max on lesser healing, but Greater Healing would require more INT to hit the max. This would also give more use for spells like lightning and outburst as well. And they could do this with every spell in all the schools.

This way we all kinda win. Hybrids and Paladin who wish to invest less into INT could use "lesser spells" to their full potential. While mages could use higher tier spells to their full potential. Along with all the other benefits going full mage gives.

D

Dracu

Paladins got kinda buffed with the int change. Not sure what ppl talk about... paladins are up and running putting their limited magic capability kinda on par with mages when rocking 100 int... The only thing that got kinda useless are veela hybrids... they just lack kinda everything compared to the human counterpart.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Paladins got kinda buffed with the int change. Not sure what ppl talk about... paladins are up and running putting their limited magic capability kinda on par with mages when rocking 100 int... The only thing that got kinda useless are veela hybrids... they just lack kinda everything compared to the human counterpart.
Well thats just because humans have an absurd amount of attribute points yeah? Veela hybrids are still useable...just extremely niche. I dont see why you'd want to play one outside of a small hybrid group. Even then...its hard to want to choose veela. Better off going human in majority of situations imo.

Reactions: Dracu
D

Dracu

Well thats just because humans have an absurd amount of attribute points yeah? Veela hybrids are still useable...just extremely niche. I dont see why you'd want to play one outside of a small hybrid group. Even then...its hard to want to choose veela. Better off going human in majority of situations imo.
Yeah absolutely agree. i tried playing veela for alot of the alpha but even before the int curve change they werent favourable anymore. With the int change the paladin succeeds even more in comparison. For groups its atleast imo more favourable to have alvarin mages instead of glass hybrids that cant do anything right and you still get the speed buffs. Veela hybrids are just waaaaaaay to specific in situations where they could shine.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Yeah absolutely agree. i tried playing veela for alot of the alpha but even before the int curve change they werent favourable anymore. With the int change the paladin succeeds even more in comparison. For groups its atleast imo more favourable to have alvarin mages instead of glass hybrids that cant do anything right and you still get the speed buffs. Veela hybrids are just waaaaaaay to specific in situations where they could shine.
Agreed 100%.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Here's my problem, when I Ask why Mages get Negative Damage Bonuses and Cant do what Other Melee/Archers can do because of their low damage, I'm met with resistance like "well the class isn't supposed to do that" or "it needs another class to do that for it" in terms of PVP and PVE but when it comes to the Foot fighter being able to do things that the Mages alone should be able to do I.e. Healing with just some points into INT, it's being supported heavily, can someone explain to me the Lopsided logic? Because there are bandages, they are there for the Melee to use they are not gimped in that department, but I'm open to hear why.
You can do the same thing for a mage by adding strength that a fighter can by adding int. At a lot less cost points wise as well.

All they would need to do is add 30 attribute points, or so, to veela and probably no one would be talking about int scaling any more.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Just a pro tip just because you say someones acting like a child doesnt mean that they are. usually kids call people kids. You might want to look into that if you want people to care about the things you say, embarassing.

If I type LOL enough will people overlook my trash points too?
Nice dodge, dont forget to open your mouth kid xD

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
You can do the same thing for a mage by adding strength that a fighter can by adding int. At a lot less cost points wise as well.

All they would need to do is add 30 attribute points, or so, to veela and probably no one would be talking about int scaling any more.
Have you tried getting out of the -15% damage bonus hole that you have to be in to get into the net positive? i think you forget that we cant be Stout and have our max stats. they bar our stats behind weight that gives us negatives to all our stats, Dex, Str to get to any decent INT for the high level spells, it's not as simple as it is for FF to just "increase stats" the whole class set up is gimped from the get go

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Have you tried getting out of the -15% damage bonus hole that you have to be in to get into the net positive? i think you forget that we cant be Stout and have our max stats. they bar our stats behind weight that gives us negatives to all our stats, Dex, Str to get to any decent INT for the high level spells, it's not as simple as it is for FF to just "increase stats" the whole class set up is gimped from the get go
Yes, I did it recently. Moved from bulging to stout. Moved up to 25 strength to use a dagger. I still have plenty of int (105) and mana.
The big change for mages from the first game is actually that high weight classes got their movement speed massively buffed in the new game. A majority of foot mages were stout or overweight before. Now people are trying to play mages that would have been welded to a mount. Access to speed and high int is how mages were buffed in addition to damage output being increased.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Lol reading this thread made me lose brain cells. People are so stuck on "WOW YOU CANT ACTUALLY HIT 80 PLAY THE GAME" that they are forgetting that a naked mage can hit 70's and ignore armor fully. thats garbage game play, and the game is going to flop if they dont fix stuff like that. Nobody is going to waste hours getting gear in a over sized world that takes too long to find people, so they can get splattered by a bunch of mages that ignore armor. But dont worry they still had to make armor because 10 silver bows are super op so if they don't die to mages they die to MA's. Being a psyfighter helps but having to roll a psyfighter because mage damage is too high isnt good design. Ya it was lame in mo1 when mages had no kill potential but thats what happens when your healer support guys can also ignore armor. They dont get to hit hard cuz it would be busted.
Henrik said something about Magic Defense Armor being a thing down the road.

Reactions: Jatix