Mage Spell Idea

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Yeah they dont have access to the Long bow, but they gain more than they would on foot, a long bow archer being pushed by two footies is a dead man shooting, if he has a horse and a shortbow, he can easily now put those two footies down and chase, not worry about stam too much and keep his distance with a higher vantage point over cover and obstacles which is huge for archers.

on your last point i'm sorry but it shows you dont use a mount and if you do, it's not well now with the current changes, you can start a fight and never cast a spell as you get focused down and die, there's not balance in that, it's just irresponsible development and balance catering to melee and foot fighters that have been crying grown men for over 10 years there's not a mobility factor for having to cast a long time in a straight line, there's not ability to chase, and if you're trying to escape, you're an easy target to line up on MA or MC. it's not even much of a contest against the other mounted because one hits you for TRIPPLE DIGITS, that's right 100+ per hit. no way to out heal that with interruption or try to out DPS with damage and long cast times with almost guaranteed interruption and moving in a predictable trajectory. and if you're not an Alvarin build then you fall into the Nerf on dex they did to Oghmir months ago and have terrible handling even if you do put all your points into dex

The same thing applies to mages, but you don't have to give up your highest damaging weapons to gain those benefits so you get the 30% concentration and long cast times. A mounted mage can put down and indefinite number of footies faster than any MA

And there is no way that you are getting hit by an MA for over a hundred even if your horse is naked and its a headshot, that kind of damage is only from a longbow which you cant use on a horse. So youll need to provide proof of that claim because if that is true that is an unintended bug. MC isn't even part of the conversation because given equal skill and horses the MC will never catch you in any circumstance and even if both players are equal in skill it is heavily in you favor so if anyone is weak and under tuned its MC.

Without your imaginary 100 damage MA's, a more realistic number is 60 damage full charged arrows to the body on molarium even less with steel but bone armor is much more common. Which with a fat mage you're healing your horse for 40's to the mind with lessers which you can most certainly out heal and that's discounting the fact that MAs do miss shots and you will never miss a Mind heal. So inbetween all your lessers you throw out a fulm on a horse that hits for 90-130 (on an ogh fat mage) and the MA can not heal all that damage back nearly as fast which immediately puts them on the defense.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The same thing applies to mages, but you don't have to give up your highest damaging weapons to gain those benefits so you get the 30% concentration and long cast times. A mounted mage can put down and indefinite number of footies faster than any MA

And there is no way that you are getting hit by an MA for over a hundred even if your horse is naked and its a headshot, that kind of damage is only from a longbow which you cant use on a horse. So youll need to provide proof of that claim because if that is true that is an unintended bug. MC isn't even part of the conversation because given equal skill and horses the MC will never catch you in any circumstance and even if both players are equal in skill it is heavily in you favor so if anyone is weak and under tuned its MC.

Without your imaginary 100 damage MA's, a more realistic number is 60 damage full charged arrows to the body on molarium even less with steel but bone armor is much more common. Which with a fat mage you're healing your horse for 40's to the mind with lessers which you can most certainly out heal and that's discounting the fact that MAs do miss shots and you will never miss a Mind heal. So inbetween all your lessers you throw out a fulm on a horse that hits for 90-130 (on an ogh fat mage) and the MA can not heal all that damage back nearly as fast which immediately puts them on the defense.
Asym will only hit 30 to 40s at the most against molarium. Steel would be sub 20.
Also ma got a huge stam nerf to the point a ma will stam out for they kill a mm.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I guess I just don't buy that a mage is still really strong as 105 int. That's probably around the upper-borders of a mage hybrid, but they're still doing somewhere between 10-15% less damage per spell cast than a 130-138 int mage. At 120 int, which is what I'd consider the baseline for a pure mage, damage is 6-10% higher than a 105 int mage.

A non-veela foot fighter with a 15% lower damage bonus than another foot fighter would not be considered as having a "really strong" foot fighter build.
Thank you someone with an IQ above 60

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021

you were saying i'm disingenuous when you say MM can put down an Indefinite number? over MA? do you know how many arrows an MA can fit on a horse with bags? and his inventory? and his only real limit to how many horses AND FFs it can put down is litterally unlimited, they could put down an army if given the time even under pressure. now the Mage has 1 mana bar and that's it, no variables that will make his cost lower so he can do damage more sustainable, once he bursts his mana down, he's finished no matter how many reagents he has on him/her at the time, that's limit enough, they didnt have to put the wheelchar build in a wheelchair and add more disabilities and handicaps to the class when everyone else is so unlimited in options like this, a naked mage could oom on a horse no matter how much mana regen they have and how restricted Stam regen is, they are not comparable.

and no the one that hits for over 100 is MC and listen to me when i say you can cast 5 spells straight and they will be all interrupted, and this happens more often than not, you dont get to play the game at 30% concentration tested and proven

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Asym will only hit 30 to 40s at the most against molarium. Steel would be sub 20.
Also ma got a huge stam nerf to the point a ma will stam out for they kill a mm.
and mages dont wear any of that, and the next patch brings and even lower defense set for mages

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I dont even read anything he post. Havent in a long time. I just scroll past all of his post.

He really really hates me and qoutes me all the time which is werid being that I havent read or responded to any of his post.

Nothing he said comes from any place of truth, he activly lies and doesnt even beleive what he is saying.

Talks the biggest game yet every time Ive seen him play he was worse then a lot of new players mechanically.

The dude really needs to put out a PvP video before he keep talking and arguing with the other mages of the community. Freehorses is the best fatmage and best mounted mage. Argues with anthius too which probably still has the mantl

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I dont even read anything he post. Havent in a long time. I just scroll past all of his post.

He really really hates me and qoutes me all the time which is werid being that I havent read or responded to any of his post.

Nothing he said comes from any place of truth, he activly lies and doesnt even beleive what he is saying.

Talks the biggest game yet every time Ive seen him play he was worse then a lot of new players mechanically.

The dude really needs to put out a PvP video before he keep talking and arguing with the other mages of the community. Freehorses is the best fatmage and best mounted mage. Argues with anthius too which probably still has the mantl
"When people are zig zagging I find that favorable to me as a mage. That means they are lose ground to me when they are running away or covering less distance if they are trying to run up to me. Its of not really any skill to land hits on a zig zaging player with hit scan like how it is if they are a bows."

You're the only one in this forum with the mechanical proficiency of a child

what happened to that big mouth about in your 1st hour you'd be one of the best mages lmao think i forgot? happened mage patch and you were bragging

i think that's actually worst than the brarwire clip

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
I guess I just don't buy that a mage is still really strong as 105 int. That's probably around the upper-borders of a mage hybrid, but they're still doing somewhere between 10-15% less damage per spell cast than a 130-138 int mage. At 120 int, which is what I'd consider the baseline for a pure mage, damage is 6-10% higher than a 105 int mage.

A non-veela foot fighter with a 15% lower damage bonus than another foot fighter would not be considered as having a "really strong" foot fighter build.
60-65 int was the standard for a foot mage for more than 5 years. If you want 138 int, you're gonna have to make REAL sacrifices. I'd estimate that since the change to the int curve, the equivalent to that is now around 90-100 int. That's honestly plenty. If you think it's reasonable for foot mage to be healing for 33 on lessers, I think its reasonable for foot mages to get killed by thursar. Is that a trade you're willing to take?
I'm not sure where you were going with the low damage bonus fighter thought. It's definitely true that veela fighters are really strong even with low damage bonuses. I don't know the precise stats of the build now, but my old veela had 162 hp, 8 damage bonus, and 120 dex, and that was definitely not a weak build. With a cronite spear I'd probably hit mages for 40. But they can't get away from me. Someone like Assassin who has a problem with divers certainly wouldn't consider that build weak because of its downsides. He whines about it being too strong because its strength is the ability to chase, catch, and kill.
Of course, even on a mounted, he'll go oom before he kills a foot fighter, so it's really a moot point.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
"this game has been bad for 5 years so it should stay the way the game that died was :cry: you not moving and casting and longer cast times than our swings for less DPS is not REAL Sacrifice! i should beat you while smashing my LMB with out sacrificing anything, you should sacrifice on the weakest build in the game, while my class stays supreme you having less health or less stamina and less damage, and less sustain, and less mobility is not enough because I suck and die to mages"

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
60-65 int was the standard for a foot mage for more than 5 years. If you want 138 int, you're gonna have to make REAL sacrifices. I'd estimate that since the change to the int curve, the equivalent to that is now around 90-100 int. That's honestly plenty. If you think it's reasonable for foot mage to be healing for 33 on lessers, I think its reasonable for foot mages to get killed by thursar. Is that a trade you're willing to take?
I'm not sure where you were going with the low damage bonus fighter thought. It's definitely true that veela fighters are really strong even with low damage bonuses. I don't know the precise stats of the build now, but my old veela had 162 hp, 8 damage bonus, and 120 dex, and that was definitely not a weak build. With a cronite spear I'd probably hit mages for 40. But they can't get away from me. Someone like Assassin who has a problem with divers certainly wouldn't consider that build weak because of its downsides. He whines about it being too strong because its strength is the ability to chase, catch, and kill.
Of course, even on a mounted, he'll go oom before he kills a foot fighter, so it's really a moot point.

I 100% agree that 130 + int should come with sacrifices. But right now the one sacrifice obese mages make (speed) is much more marginal than the sacrifice that a dex pure mage has to make (hp, stamina, mana, and damage). The mounted mage changes helped this a bit, but not enough imo -- wheelchair fat mages are still meta along with bulging sheev. Also, just aesthetically, not everyone who plays a mage wants their character to be obese. This isn't as important obviously, but if you told a new player "Hey, if you want to be a mage competitively, your character is going to have to be so fat that irl they'd have trouble walking", they'd be totally confused or think you were joking.

Obese mages are fine where they're at. I'm just saying it would be nice to be able to do a pure mage at bony or skinny in the same way people can do pure mages at bulging and obese. I hate the slow playstyle, and I'm comfortable with sacrificing 100 hp to be speedier, but the damage is just too low for me to justify it. If starvault made Bony +20 to int instead of +10, I'd be happy. I could even make +15 work if they got rid of the weird -5 psyche penalty.

Reactions: AssassinOTL

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I 100% agree that 130 + int should come with sacrifices. But right now the one sacrifice obese mages make (speed) is much more marginal than the sacrifice that a dex pure mage has to make (hp, stamina, mana, and damage). The mounted mage changes helped this a bit, but not enough imo -- wheelchair fat mages are still meta along with bulging sheev. Also, just aesthetically, not everyone who plays a mage wants their character to be obese. This isn't as important obviously, but if you told a new player "Hey, if you want to be a mage competitively, your character is going to have to be so fat that irl they'd have trouble walking", they'd be totally confused or think you were joking.

Obese mages are fine where they're at. I'm just saying it would be nice to be able to do a pure mage at bony or skinny in the same way people can do pure mages at bulging and obese. I hate the slow playstyle, and I'm comfortable with sacrificing 100 hp to be speedier, but the damage is just too low for me to justify it. If starvault made Bony +20 to int instead of +10, I'd be happy. I could even make +15 work if they got rid of the weird -5 psyche penalty.
He forgot when he mentioned the exact same thing about dex mages being weaker is bad, but over time he's been radicalized by his group of friends in GK

but they will walk all and down this forum calling me a liar its just old and not funny anymore the troll needs to stop 🤣

Tzone

May 16, 2021
See you like to tease, but now you're giving me the full length? what are you doing? trying to ask me out? i'd like to see you cast a Disarm on some Footies
Wheres you video?

No one is having issues playing mage except you. Look introspectively and you will see the issue with mages that you are having.

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
Maybe if diarrhea spewed from your mouth less, people might treat it less like an ass hole.
He forgot when he mentioned the exact same thing about dex mages being weaker is bad, but over time he's been radicalized by his group of friends in GK
The only time I mentioned dex mages in my post was "Alvarin have a place in combat too, but Alvarin have been hurt by the changes to the int and psy curves. Alvarin in MO1 were the most versatile characters. Because the int curve has become linear, the alvarin dex mage that typically had 55-65 int in MO1 is far weaker. Maybe that's appropriate, up for discussion." I assume that's what you're talking about.
Nothing I said was inaccurate, nor does it conflict with anything I have said since. Alvarin are far less versatile than they used to be because capping int at 55-65 sucks now. That meant you could max dex and con on a veela and choose between str for hybrid or psy for mage. Those stats used to be really good for foot mage. Because 65 int sucks, veela hybrids are no longer viable.
If you can read (big assumption I know), you'll notice that in the next paragraph, I once again mentioned the stat curve changes. The change to the int curve made reaching a much higher int level more important, and to reach that, rolling sheevra with a higher int cap and more stat points is better. Sheevra are still top tier in speed, but more clade dependent than their slightly faster kinsmen. I firmly believe, and I have not changed on this, that the problem with mages is the stats, not the magic. Of course, you instead want changes to magic as a whole, not to races, or stats. You want magic buffed. Not mages.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Really just need to ignore the dude. He knows he has no footing, he lies to try to get mage buff and then attempts to troll people when they call him out for saying things that make absolutely no sense.

He is a bottom tier player and knows it. It is really sad the amount of effort he is putting into this because the time he spends here he could be learning how to play the game.

Nothing he says has substance and is even worth reading, you really should just ignore him.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
1 although that's a highlight reel of some of his greatest hits, it doesnt show any of him trying to cast through interrupt or when he goes off to get mana, so no that is not a testing video that you can pull your false take off of you trash panda, quit trying to use one of the good players in the game to make try and support your terrible take and bad logic, you prove nothing with that video other than FH is really good, and Fab noobs are terribly organized and tunnel vision the footie in front of them... and you call other players bottom tier... prob salty because the better players kicked you out of your keep

or would it be the rage quit from a tournament recently... i cant tell but i'm picking up some animosity

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
1 although that's a highlight reel of some of his greatest hits, it doesnt show any of him trying to cast through interrupt or when he goes off to get mana, so no that is not a testing video that you can pull your false take off of you trash panda, quit trying to use one of the good players in the game to make try and support your terrible take and bad logic, you prove nothing with that video other than FH is really good, and Fab noobs are terribly organized and tunnel vision the footie in front of them... and you call other players bottom tier... prob salty because the better players kicked you out of your keep

or would it be the rage quit from a tournament recently... i cant tell but i'm picking up some animosity
You might be picking up some animosity. Calling walking out on that sham a rage quit might cause some more. You contradicted yourself too. The "Fab noobs" he's fighting against in that video are the same people as the "better players that kicked you out of your keep." You gotta be pretty dumb to put those two statements back to back lol.
Freehorses is, in my humble opinion, the best fatmage in the game. That means that the things he is pulling off here are not easy. Did you see the damage he was outputting though? And, as you know, he's doing that with double cast times. A footmage won't have as much int, but you actually can do some pretty serious damage. He's basically Noob Protector, Ion Cannon. Mages don't have as high dps, but they are really get at finding meaningful damage. A thunderlash isn't that absurdly powerful, until you use it on someone low hp parrying for his life. If you're half hp in a duel, that's okay. If there's a mage, you're not okay. You're a lot less okay if there is a mage than if there is a second fighter.
Is the damage you're seeing not enough? Do you really think it's good balance if a mage can stand and cast in a fighter's face and win? Do you want to be able to drop 50 fulms before you oom? Maybe mana should be reworked so you start the fight with half mana and your regen ramps up the longer you're in combat. Even that is a more practical suggestion than any you've come up with.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
everyone else was under the same rules, just some soft bleeding hearts that think really high of themselves thought that because they lost... it must be a sham. alrite gotcha you were the only ones that left like that, i'm saying its a bad look, because playing well within the restrictions should be competitive, i'm sure if you won that round you wouldn't up and leave with all your things, is all i'm saying.

but you're right about FH sing his praises! he's a beast and the community has recognized him as that, he's a living legend because he's perfected his gameplay within the Heavy restrictions of this class, not that the class is any good or has it's fatal flaws. he's been doing it for a while, and picks his targets well along with the skill to match it, but like you said not everyone can pull that off, if we balanced the game around FH he'd be one of 4 people playing it. but you cant do that or you kill your game balance.

And yeah he's better than a lot of people, but you dont see him salty on here, having a debate with FH is one of the most wholesome things ive done in this community or when he does it to someone else, and I can respect that about him. Even when he's showboating 😋