losing weight ...

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
best solution: just stop eating & play ... you'll get to the required weight soon enough.

Yeah probably the best solution for players. Definitely not the best solution for SV in handling the fact their entire food system is tedious, unfun, and has people accidentally screwing up their builds all the time. My solution has largely been to rest off greybar until I'm really low in the category and then eat weight gain food. Really don't think that is what they were intending people to do.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Yeah probably the best solution for players. Definitely not the best solution for SV in handling the fact their entire food system is tedious, unfun, and has people accidentally screwing up their builds all the time. My solution has largely been to rest off greybar until I'm really low in the category and then eat weight gain food. Really don't think that is what they were intending people to do.
people like to be overdramatic ... you do not "screw up your build" by going (tmp) over your target category : it will still play like 99% of your intented build.
it's tedious for people who want to try fatmage & back, but yet, nothing forces them to gain all the weight in one shot ... if they plan to play their obese mage, they can play their mage while being stout, then overweight, then fat, then bulging. (like it's intended to be)
People are just not patient.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
people like to be overdramatic ... you do not "screw up your build" by going (tmp) over your target category : it will still play like 99% of your intented build.
it's tedious for people who want to try fatmage & back, but yet, nothing forces them to gain all the weight in one shot ... if they plan to play their obese mage, they can play their mage while being stout, then overweight, then fat, then bulging. (like it's intended to be)
People are just not patient.

You actually do. What I'm referring to is more a stout fighter who wants to stay in the high end of stout because of the HP benefit to doing so. They also are eating food because they like reserves and not getting greybar. Then one day they get a pop-up they are about to go overweight and 2 seconds later they are overweight even though the canceled the eating action the moment they saw that pop-up.

Now they just lost 5 strength, and can't effectively pull their bow. And all the bows in the bank are useless too.

It's a bad system. There are better ways to do it. A good food system is complex for the cook and simple to the end-user. Given cooks are cooks by choice and generally enjoy the challenge, while everyone is kind of forced to be the end-user. The current system has a ton of complexity the end-user must manage that could be shifted to cooks.

Last edited:

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Losing weight is the worst experience you can have in this game.
I've been doing everything under the sun for the last 3 hours and have only been able to lose 2kg. Jumped off of about 100 cliffs, tried pulling high str bows, wearing heavy armor, running around.. This shit is ridiculous.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The weight/reserve system is the most dog shit, unfun, pointless mechanic.

It only waste your time and does not provide any sort of content to the game.

Reactions: Calcal

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I've been doing everything under the sun for the last 3 hours and have only been able to lose 2kg. Jumped off of about 100 cliffs, tried pulling high str bows, wearing heavy armor, running around.. This shit is ridiculous.
With new potions you lose weight very fast.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I getting put in mercy mode then step off the top off a keep or tier 3 stronghold will cause you to lose weight VERY fast. I dropped 11kg in about an hour of doing this.

Reactions: Calcal

dereder

Feb 24, 2022
Don't count on quick results. Stick to your diet plan for two to four weeks before thinking about evaluating your progress. In addition, it has been proven by scientists that fasting does not promote weight loss. Once a person finishes a fast, they can gain even more weight than they lost.
It is better to choose a diet for weight loss with a nutritionist. Depending on the specific situation, age may require a different program for weight loss https://reverse.health/ Some diets reduce insulin levels without losing muscle mass. However, a low-carbohydrate diet has several contraindications, so consult your doctor beforehand.

Last edited: