losing weight ...

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
why is this so easy to gain weight and so hard to lose it ,?

my hunger went near the limit so i took some cooked pig , and gained like 3 kg in the process

now i'm overweight and lost my +5 str :

i suicided liek 30+ time ; rested , tried to drink water and i lost 2 kg ( it's a very long process ) tried to got spear hunt , ran , jumped ...

why is it so long ?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Wearing Armor that is way too heavy and sprinting seems to work faster then killing yourself. But yeah still takes forever.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I have never liked the whole kill yourself to lose weight thing.

It really does not make any sense.

Plus it does not sound to pc when you say it either. For example:

Player one: I ate to much and now I am over weight. What should I do?

Player Two: Might as well just kill yourself. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: CrgHck

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
Because someday SV will put weight loss food in game. Who knows might already be there.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
The hunger system is fundamentally flawed in that if it's purpose is to help you manage your reserves, it shouldn't prevent you from overeating. We should be able to increase and decrease our weight class intuitively, by either:
  • Exercising near or at max hunger.
  • Overeating near or at min hunger.
Then if you want to maintain your weight class while refilling reserves, your goal is to keep your hunger between these mins and maxes. Because better quality food should give you more reserves back for a lower quantity (hunger per unit of food), then you already have your incentive for better quality food, in that you don't consume as much of your potential hunger to restore reserves.

Laaker

Feb 10, 2022
In fact, losing weight is not much harder than gaining weight if you do it right. This is the key point. Remember that doctors can always help you lose weight. Without their careful supervision, you will not be able to do this quickly, effectively and without serious health consequences. Yes, many people can lose weight urgently, and then suffer because of stomach or bone problems, because they wash calcium out of their body with their diets. Silly, isn't it? That is why I believe that it is necessary to engage in the process of losing weight only under the supervision of doctors.

Last edited:

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
it's just like in real life, it's easy to get fat like a pig, and it's extremely difficult and long to lose weight

Raziel

Jan 30, 2021
Switzerland
Well if it was the other way around, you’d have to eat constantly to keep your weight which is annoying. Just make sure to control when your eating how much weight your gain. Ive done the same twice already. I’m overweight and just playing hoping to get stout again soon 😅

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
An epic gameplay pic
unknown.png

Told me I'm going to go overweight, so I stopped eating, still went overweight lol.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
In real life, I cut down to a healthy weight by cutting out grains and added sugars then eating as much as I want of whatever I want. I don't have to tediously count calories because I know what type of diet allows me to stay at the weight I want to be.

That's probably how it should work in-game too. I've suggested before. Food should have a "calorie density" between 0.50 and 2.00. Eating 0.50 should lower you down toward to 50% weight. Eating 2.00 should raise you toward 200% weight. You want to be 129%?

Eat 1.29 calorie density food whenever you are hungry and you will maintain that weight.

Leave the complexity of the food system for cooks to figure out instead of making every freaking player in the game carefully manage their food intake. It's tedious. It sucks. NOBODY thinks this is fun SV.

Reactions: Jatix

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
best solution: just stop eating & play ... you'll get to the required weight soon enough.