List of things that should be prioritized by developers. Everyone can contribute to the list by adding a comment.

soulpcbr

Dec 20, 2023
After watching Henrik's last live I noticed that SV has many excellent projects in mind, this game that I currently consider the best game on the market promises to be even better. However, I would like to make a humble suggestion to the group of developers of this game that I love so much.

Please focus at least 6 months on just fixing bugs and improving what has already been done. Everything you've done is very good, but I feel like a lot of things were delivered with pending issues and for the players it's more important that what we have is working than what comes next. After this polishing work I will be the first to want new content, but please leave it for later.

We need a:
01 - Correction of mob spawns floating.
02 - Correction of stones and grass placed above ground level.
03 - Correction of some points that make the player fall underground.
04 - Placement of cooldown timers on many skills that do not yet have them.
05 - Correct the placement and removal of items in house chests.
06 - Correction of the placement and removal of items inside bags that are inside banks and chests.
07 - Improvements in action bars and hotkeys.
08 - Improvements in searching for items in the broker.
09 - Improvements to chat tabs, with tab customization, for some it is important to have a tab just for help, one just for guild, etc...
10 - Improvements in combat information, it is necessary to know the complete combat log with the type of damage, for example if it was a slash or a blunt, etc...
11 - Add more rewards purchasable with task coins.
12 - Improve the compass by showing more options for locations to find the objective of the tasks, for example if it is a bandit task, show the 5 closest spots.
13 - Place the status of a pet, with all the complete information in the pet's tab. For example, we don't know exactly how much speed a pet lost when we put armor on it, as the pet tab lacks speed stats.
14 - Show the broker how many items you have put up for sale and how many more you can put up.
15 - Show on the brooker the amount that will have to be paid in commission when putting the item up for sale.
16 - Show in the stable how many pet slots you still have available to be used.
17 - Provide the possibility of selling grouped items on the broker, such as a complete wizard armor set, a complete warrior armor set. Exactly as it was done in MO1.
18 - Improve the search on the broker by including the option to also search with quantity, sometimes we want to buy a stack of a certain item that has a lower value and this takes a lot of time scrolling between different options.
19 - Improve the friends panel and the guild panel, it is necessary to sort them by ranking, by who is online.
20 - Improve the indication of who is speaking, sometimes people speak using VoIP and we have no idea who is speaking, MO1's was very good.
21 - Improve the /? chat, as it doesn't show all the options, sometimes there's something we need but we don't know how to use and it doesn't even exist like /loot or /vendor.
22 - Add some very simple but very necessary functions, for example, when combining an item you can add the quantity you want to combine. It is often convenient to put only 1 or 2 levels of purification potion from a keg in a bottle but we are obliged to put at least 10.
23 - Some features remain to be added to constructions made by players, such as access permissions for specific characters in chests, or the possibility of registering specific passwords for each chest.
24 - Place an icon showing that it is regenerating faster when it is in a fire pit or inside a house.
25 - It is important to place a universal action canceller to immediately cancel an action such as stopping eating immediately.
26 - Graphically improve the icons, the game has excellent graphics and the icons do not match this. All of them. Even some icons are the same or almost the same for different equipment.
27 - All items that are not lost on death should have this information on it or a standard indicator on it such as the edges of the item being pearly white.
28 - As my father says, it's no use just for things to be good, they need to be beautiful too. Improve the presentation of the character when we open the paperdoll, also when we open the character view in full screen, we want to admire how well equipped we are and with a new cover.
29 - State how many percent of damage the weapon lost with its current durability.
30 - Putting a graphic durability indicator on equipment, as we had in MO1 and many other games, there is also a scale of green, yellow and red where high durability is green, medium yellow and low red.
This list was everything I could remember here while I'm at work, if you remember anything else to prioritize before new releases please put it here.

These are the URGENT needs we have and every player I know thinks they have more priority than any new release. Please don't get me wrong, all of us including myself want all the new features that were presented to us, but they should only be done after the old ones are finished and the gross bugs are fixed, I understand that every game will have eternal bug fixes, but these need to be resolved before anything new.

Note: The list is not in numerical order of priority but rather of quantity.

Contribute what you think should be prioritized before new features start rolling out. Put it here in the comment.

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
remember Project Polish? yea they did that and then abandoned it.
It's kind of a running theme with how SV does things for decades now. Just look at TC if you want to see another half implemented shit mechanic they are not capable of fixing.

It's as frustrating as listening to Henrik claim on stream the game is balanced in regards to speed just because there is an armor weight limit even though nobody goes over it.

xklonx

May 18, 2022
Game is not playable with 30+ seconds freezes and will lost most of player base next couple of monts if wouldnt be fixed, its not worth even 5$ month now.
Supply points must work only around keep, not entire map, its stupid that keep owner can put invincible buildings all over the map and its almost impossible to siege guild that have more than one keep. I even think that supply camps must work only for keep itself, otherwise, you build t3 priests all around supply camps so you cant shoot supply camp and this buildings you cant kill too, wtf logic is this?! They were saying that they dont want to defence looks like run and build but thats the way how it works because for some reason supply towers works all over the map, not some reasonable distance around tower.
Ninja sieges against villages still possible because it looks like supply store defence falls down immediatly, must be hours, like with supply camps.
We cant even check defence bonus on buildings, but we should have possibility to check if supply store even working at all. Theres no way to check if supply store would work for buildings around when you placing supply store, you can only guess, its not way it must be.

Also they should stop massive rmtrs from buying half server to fight with them through buying unlimited amount of gold because when they'll took all keeps in game, game will no longer make sense, especially with all this bugs.
They should stop lying that exploiters getting banned while in fact they obviously still in game.
They should stop people who made this game their work and they use every exploit they can and they still in game (like tianming) because they ruining others people gameplay - nobody going to necrodungeon because people work there 24x7. Why is still a thing that you can combat log in dungeon, 2 years passed? Just made so your character stays in game forever until hes alive if you altf4 in no logout zone its so easy... Theres so many simple things like these that can be implemented very easily and would have very positive impact on game, but instead we getting unusable things that they spend monts to implement like beastmastery. They should change priority to fixes definitely.

Last edited:

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
They are scared to do hard balance changes, he was so scared talking about towershields, pretending only animation addition (which he didnt even know didnt exist) will fix them, meanwhile every meta build, mages, oghmirs abuses them and get twice as tanky with them, just 1 item, that requires 0 skill.

Add stam penalty on equipment hit, make it worse on the back or not work at all AND add animation. Just adding animation is nice too, but will just fuck up mages, and with that buff Oghmirs (compared to all other classes) again.

Reactions: Gnidex and soulpcbr

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
remember Project Polish? yea they did that and then abandoned it.
Thats really all that needs to be said in this thread.

The roadmap poll is more or less just there to entice people to stick around and get hyped for something that may or may not even happen, and if it does its not anytime soon.

Its just classic Henrik. Instead of really digging in and trying to perfect mechanics already in the game, he wants to just add add add. More shiny stuff for people. The fucked part is he promised with MO2 it wouldn't be this way again.

btw idk who wrote the roadmap poll, but it sounds like they already know what to do to make melee combat better. I skimmed over it and can't go back and read it again unfortunately, but I remember it sounding pretty good. Like that shouldn't even be in the poll. That should just be added on Public Test asap. Combat is the core of the game and should always be the priority focus.

but yeh, we got boats, breeding, farming, and fucking boardgames on there. 🤡

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Thats really all that needs to be said in this thread.

The roadmap poll is more or less just there to entice people to stick around and get hyped for something that may or may not even happen, and if it does its not anytime soon.

Its just classic Henrik. Instead of really digging in and trying to perfect mechanics already in the game, he wants to just add add add. More shiny stuff for people. The fucked part is he promised with MO2 it wouldn't be this way again.

btw idk who wrote the roadmap poll, but it sounds like they already know what to do to make melee combat better. I skimmed over it and can't go back and read it again unfortunately, but I remember it sounding pretty good. Like that shouldn't even be in the poll. That should just be added on Public Test asap. Combat is the core of the game and should always be the priority focus.

but yeh, we got boats, breeding, farming, and fucking boardgames on there. 🤡
I just took it to mean that more polish people were coming to play the game, because I knew damn well they weren’t referring to bug fixes.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I would like to see an EVE Online style UI that allows you keep track of anything and everything (except obvious things like your and other players' location on the map), from what items and how many you have in each bank in every town across the world, to who killed you, how much damage they did, what weapon they used, and who did the killing blow. Allow players to assign a reputation color to other players. An in-game calculator. The list goes on.

If they would implement even just 10% of the amount of things the game's UI is capable of, I'll be happy.

RPG4EVA

Jan 12, 2024
The animals and the enemy NPCs need to use the correct physics component. They should not be able to;
  • Easily run over a large rocks or other objects of that nature. Especially backwards!
  • Run at max speed when trying to escape. I mean we just beat them to half their life so...
  • Animals bolt even when I hide and walk slow. (Springboks are very nervous. I get it, it would be IRL but there is no sense system in place.)
  • Some decent NPC and animal Ai paths and behaviour. Some life inside the towns.
  • Don't allow horse follow on guards.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Removal of spinning in Melee.
Increase damage resistance to magic for PSY.
I would also like to see PSY do more that way we could balance magic better. ID like to cast more spells faster with less mana and reduce dmg.

more spell flinging more fun. there is currently no need to make magic any better because it fits this "glass cannon" role and puts us into a bad spot where we cant pve or pvp efficiently without pets or rigging the ai in a predictable manor.

I made a suggestion a while back infusing ecumenical and brawling to allow pure mages to block and still compete in close quarters.
as currently pure mages wihtout pets stand no chance against any footfighter that can catch them since there is no CC or anyway to kite without the alvarin active clade.

just using my imagination here.

Magic resist (new skill)passive skill points heavily influencd by PSY/INT stat - Used when a melee charecter is in a blocking stance , reduces incoming magic damage.

a foot fighter could effectivly brace himself for a fulmination to hit by just blocking.

Henrik did mention bringing "fake projectiles" back to ecumenical maybe the timeing could be figured out for each spell.

No spell should be instant hit IMO aside from the obvious ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: soulpcbr and Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The current PSY damage reduction is 0.4% per point. So if you have 100PSY you will resist 40% of the total damage done by a spell. Which is kind of a joke with that kind of investment.

Spells especially ecuminical magic spells are WAY to slow to cast... I mean a Melee fighter can swing a sword and hit for 30-70 per hit every 1.5-2 seconds.

Reactions: Calcal and soulpcbr

Crixxic

Feb 18, 2022
The freezes have to get fixed asap!! You can see like 20 out of 100 people just lock right up when large battles start, i'd say anything over 25+ people in a fight and you have a chance to freeze for 10 seconds to over 2 minutes depending on your computer (Even reasonably recent high end computers from say 2018 are unplayable now). I know this doesn't affect everyone but when a quarter of the players from UE4 cant even play anymore because of over tuned low settings and another quarter of the population gets freezes from poor CPU utilization so bad they can't battle anymore. When both sides USED to be able to play the game fine before UE5. It means we have some huge problems on the back end that should have all hands on deck and honestly should have been hotfixed already. These two issues should be priority number one as they affect roughly 50% of the entire player base in one way or another and add a huge damper to the games 'Playability'. These issues should have easily been identified in the PTRs considering how many people are now affected by them currently and should have been fixed and retested before the full release of UE5. We love SV and we love MO but when these things make it into the game especially for long periods of time it's hard to defend or recommend the game to others and in a more niche game type like Mortal word of mouth probably brings in more players than anything.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
The current PSY damage reduction is 0.4% per point. So if you have 100PSY you will resist 40% of the total damage done by a spell. Which is kind of a joke with that kind of investment.

Spells especially ecuminical magic spells are WAY to slow to cast... I mean a Melee fighter can swing a sword and hit for 30-70 per hit every 1.5-2 seconds.
I agree that spells are way to slow to cast , especially on mounts Now that MA and MC are in a good spot it would also be a great idea to get rid of the MM nerfs. the spell casting is too long and the spell disrupts on turn is hideous. One or the other would be great at this state. if i wanna cast a fulmination i gotta go in a straight line for like 5 seconds while a mounted archer gets free shots.... needs to be looked into with the shield nerf that supposedly coming.

Reactions: Calcal and soulpcbr

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
I would like to see an EVE Online style UI that allows you keep track of anything and everything (except obvious things like your and other players' location on the map), from what items and how many you have in each bank in every town across the world, to who killed you, how much damage they did, what weapon they used, and who did the killing blow. Allow players to assign a reputation color to other players. An in-game calculator. The list goes on.

If they would implement even just 10% of the amount of things the game's UI is capable of, I'll be happy.
The bank thing would be nice.

12 - Improve the compass by showing more options for locations to find the objective of the tasks, for example if it is a bandit task, show the 5 closest spots.
Yes. plus please make the flat compass have a option to adjust opacity. I have vision issue & if it is hazy, rainy or snowing, I have issues seeing.

Last edited:

soulpcbr

Dec 20, 2023
I believe that two more corrections are very important too:

- Fix lack of audio synchronization. Sometimes the audio arrives long after the event.
- Fix audio positioning problem. On some occasions you hear rain and if you take a step you stop hearing it immediately.
- Fix very loud rain sound on the splash screen when opening the game. Nobody wants to hear that.
- Correct launcher when choosing which directx to use if you hover the mouse over the name they get blurred.
- Correct the delay in picking up an item and calculating the inventory weight.
- Fix the problem with picking up loot while mounted, the loot must go directly to the horse's backpack.
- Fix problem where the archer keeps running until he is far from spawn and resets.
- Improve Risar's transition from melee to sword, the feature was added but is not working correctly.
- Fix issue with mobs spawning in the sky.
- Fix problem with mobs that spawn stuck together and run around like dizzy cockroaches.
- Fix character collation for UTF-8, currently doesn't support many characters.
- Add chat for the alliance, add an exclusive tab for guild and alliance. Sometimes conversations get lost because it mixes with combat, etc...
- Add an exclusive tap for the help chat.
- Enter the name of the priest you go to when using HOME.
- Enter the name of the priest you go to when using PRIEST
- Improve world map zoom.
- Specify the type of damage in the compat record, for example: Scoundrel hit you with 30 damage (10 slash, 10 blunt and 10 pierce).

As you can see, there is a lot to be corrected. Stop any addition of new content and put the entire team to fix the problems, after that everyone will be free to build new things. If they release more updates without fixing the problems, this list will increase to the point where it will be impossible to fix everything, they will have to start doing MO3.

Reactions: Inai and Rahz

Inai

Feb 16, 2024
Good suggestions and I agree about the great need for more bug fixes and polish. The resources allocated to this are not enough.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
I would also like to see PSY do more that way we could balance magic better. ID like to cast more spells faster with less mana and reduce dmg.

more spell flinging more fun. there is currently no need to make magic any better because it fits this "glass cannon" role and puts us into a bad spot where we cant pve or pvp efficiently without pets or rigging the ai in a predictable manor.

I made a suggestion a while back infusing ecumenical and brawling to allow pure mages to block and still compete in close quarters.
as currently pure mages wihtout pets stand no chance against any footfighter that can catch them since there is no CC or anyway to kite without the alvarin active clade.

just using my imagination here.

Magic resist (new skill)passive skill points heavily influencd by PSY/INT stat - Used when a melee charecter is in a blocking stance , reduces incoming magic damage.

a foot fighter could effectivly brace himself for a fulmination to hit by just blocking.

Henrik did mention bringing "fake projectiles" back to ecumenical maybe the timeing could be figured out for each spell.

No spell should be instant hit IMO aside from the obvious ones.
We need this and to drop at least one of the nerfs on MMs. And sooo many other things. They'll need 10 years to do any of it. Maybe in ue6 mortal in space.