List of main viable warrior and mage builds for new players.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Oghrim / Huergar - (Age 63 - Midget - Fat 150%)
Stats (some flexibility here - i did tests for 118 INT / 123 INT) 118/123 INT - 65-72 DEX - 21-23 STR - 98-101 CON - 40ish PSY

Above build provides decent speed boost on foot as well better handling on horse for those who still wants to play Oghrim and not being boxing training bag when unmounted.

Due to changes in INT curve it is not that much worth to go full obese, also from the perspective of mounted travel and even more important lack of turning the horse smoothly ability when dex is only 10 points I would advise to avoid having such low Dexterity (thats technically huge nerf to Obese Fat mage people tend not to notice in last patches).

INT of 123 or even 118 is good enough for being efficient healer as well as occasionally (depending on situation) to toss still very decent a dmg spells. Only light weapons like flakestone/jadeite daggers are preferred solution here, but we are winning better horse riding that is a must when it comes to Mounted Magery anyways.

Min-maxing is sometimes not the best option at least from my observation, just an option and opinion from me to consider by whom it may concern.
Freehorses is the expert on fat mage, still doesnt have dex. You dont need it on mounted mage anyway mages have huge radius that they can aim. The horse has max turning with 10 dex if you are in 1st gait so all you have to do is slow down to turn and you dont turn much while running anyway playing mounted mage.
If you are going to play a 118 int mounted mage might as well play a 116/115int buldging sheeva which has enough movement speed to outrun most fighters still. A 400 max movement speed mage on foot is just dead anyways so just put everything into int to get more heals that would keep your mount alive and allow you to kill other horses in 2.5 spells.

77 dex on a ogh might as well be 10, If you are not faster then most players as a mage then the speed is just conveince that could be better used to do burst damage which is what mounted fat mage is all about. You have to get as much damage in as possible with each speed on mounted fat mage because of the double cast time.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
The fat mage (oghmir, sheevra etc.)
(Age 60 - Size doesnt matter - Obese 200%)

So this is the fatmage build, most people choose to go oghmir on this one for the extra INT bonuses, but this is basically the highest damage mage build out there. The downside to this is basically the EXTREMELY slow movement speed. If you get caught out with this by a warrior, you are a walking lootbag, unless ofcourse you are very good at blocking (which is extremely easy). But in groupfights this does EXTREMELY good high DMG heals and SUPER BIG damage offensive spells. This is probably not the build you want to go in a small scale group simply due to the fact its so easy to punish and the super slow movement speed (you usually need to kite on a small scale group).
Nice list but shouldnt this fatmage build be age 62? swaps 1 point of str for 1 point of psyche :D Not huge difference but a bit more meta. ;)

shill

Mar 24, 2021
Freehorses is the expert on fat mage, still doesnt have dex. You dont need it on mounted mage anyway mages have huge radius that they can aim. The horse has max turning with 10 dex if you are in 1st gait so all you have to do is slow down to turn and you dont turn much while running anyway playing mounted mage.
If you are going to play a 118 int mounted mage might as well play a 116/115int buldging sheeva which has enough movement speed to outrun most fighters still. A 400 max movement speed mage on foot is just dead anyways so just put everything into int to get more heals that would keep your mount alive and allow you to kill other horses in 2.5 spells.

77 dex on a ogh might as well be 10, If you are not faster then most players as a mage then the speed is just conveince that could be better used to do burst damage which is what mounted fat mage is all about. You have to get as much damage in as possible with each speed on mounted fat mage because of the double cast time.

Read carefully and you may (or may not considering other flamatory replies so far from you) find out my proposal is for those who still wants to play Oghrim, not sure why you chip in with Sheevra - its not relavant. Secondly if you can not feel the difference between 10 and 70ish dex playing Oghrim mage min 150% and above weight then you have to do some more testing - because its trolling. I never said you can outrun anyone - it helps to be a bit more flexible when it comes to positioning yourself on the battlefield which is crucial

Most of the fights that are miedium-big scale are not on horse even for a fat/obese mage (if his purpose is healing footies as a main task) - hit and run burst DPS mage is for sure easier on horse than healing support.

Min-maxing meta slavery is not always good option all I am saying.

Reactions: Skydancer

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Read carefully and you may (or may not considering other flamatory replies so far from you) find out my proposal is for those who still wants to play Oghrim, not sure why you chip in with Sheevra - its not relavant. Secondly if you can not feel the difference between 10 and 70ish dex playing Oghrim mage min 150% and above weight then you have to do some more testing - because its trolling. I never said you can outrun anyone - it helps to be a bit more flexible when it comes to positioning yourself on the battlefield which is crucial

Most of the fights that are miedium-big scale are not on horse even for a fat/obese mage (if his purpose is healing footies as a main task) - hit and run burst DPS mage is for sure easier on horse than healing support.

Min-maxing meta slavery is not always good option all I am saying.
You are just setting people up for failure and claiming my post are flamatory is just untrue and deflective.

You need to back up what you say because FreeHorses would tell people go 138 int 10 dex and he is the best mount fat mage.

Start posting video's because you think mage is bad and are now giving out bad builds. So its easy to see were your issues with mage are coming from.

shill

Mar 24, 2021
You are just setting people up for failure and claiming my post are flamatory is just untrue and deflective.

You need to back up what you say because FreeHorses would tell people go 138 int 10 dex and he is the best mount fat mage.

Start posting video's because you think mage is bad and are now giving out bad builds. So its easy to see were your issues with mage are coming from.
I've never said mage is bad, not sure where you are comming from with those false statements trying to say they are mine. Fat mage 138/10 is not only option for Ogrhrim if one dont fancy to be only wheelchaired on horse. Not saying its better - all it means its different so stop trolling. Thanks.

AwfulCitizen

Mar 25, 2021
Texas
liverupucams.com
I would like to ask what is the best configuration for a Tamer Mage, or a Tamer / Melee if any... trying to get something updated because most of the builds are old and not working with current version of the game.

Rallos808

Dec 19, 2021
Forgive my n00bness, I'm gonna try out the full Blain, how do you suggest filing out attributes? Max str dex con, drop int and put any remainder into psy?

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Forgive my n00bness, I'm gonna try out the full Blain, how do you suggest filing out attributes? Max str dex con, drop int and put any remainder into psy?

You will have no remaining points to put into PSY but yes that's the logical way to go about it for any warrior build.

Without cladegifts that give you raw stats, you will not have enough points to max out your STR, DEX and CON. I don't remember off the top of my head how many cladepoints you need to get all the raw stat gifts, but it shouldn't be that many. Untill you can max out all 3 I suggest maxing out DEX and CON, and leaving STR un-maxed until you get all the needed cladegifts.

Reactions: Rallos808

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
For anyone new getting ready for release, I will give one update.

The only two warrior builds I would play (I only really play melee) and will be playing, is max size stout veela age 31, and min size stout blainn age 23. I won't get into other viable warrior builds because I believe these two are by far the best even if there are other ones that are close.

When it comes to mages, as mentioned above, I mainly play melee. But if I was to make a mage today, I would probably make a min size stout sheevra age 31.

Rallos808

Dec 19, 2021
You will have no remaining points to put into PSY but yes that's the logical way to go about it for any warrior build.

Without cladegifts that give you raw stats, you will not have enough points to max out your STR, DEX and CON. I don't remember off the top of my head how many cladepoints you need to get all the raw stat gifts, but it shouldn't be that many. Untill you can max out all 3 I suggest maxing out DEX and CON, and leaving STR un-maxed until you get all the needed cladegifts.
Ok great, dex and con first then str, thanks, and should I reduce psy and int below 25 the starting 25?

XKent

Jan 24, 2022
So is veela/veela 31 stout max height is still a good pick for archer ?
I primarily interested in archery, not sure what I will mix dagger/taming/healing/mounterArcher ? probably will decide while playing.

KEKGOT

Jan 31, 2022
I'm interested in the 31 year old Veela build. How would my stats be, and what armor would I be able to use?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I'm interested in the 31 year old Veela build. How would my stats be, and what armor would I be able to use?
You want to be a age 31, stout veela, max STR, max Dex, mac Con. Then dump the rest into Psy. Your height is a bit preference but most will go max height because it gives you 2% more damage bonus and veela is already low damage bonus with plenty of left over attribute points that you just dump into psy.

The long life is what you want to get first as a gifts since it will raise most of your attribute caps.

You can go int over psy and maybe do a paladin build but thats personal choice. The 60-70psy helps you asorb another tlash.

You can wear steel but might be over encumbered. But veela have a gift that gives them +3 stamina every tick for standing still so they gain the most stamina while being in steel amount the clades.

KEKGOT

Jan 31, 2022
You want to be a age 31, stout veela, max STR, max Dex, mac Con. Then dump the rest into Psy. Your height is a bit preference but most will go max height because it gives you 2% more damage bonus and veela is already low damage bonus with plenty of left over attribute points that you just dump into psy.

The long life is what you want to get first as a gifts since it will raise most of your attribute caps.

You can go int over psy and maybe do a paladin build but thats personal choice. The 60-70psy helps you asorb another tlash.

You can wear steel but might be over encumbered. But veela have a gift that gives them +3 stamina every tick for standing still so they gain the most stamina while being in steel amount the clades.
What would you recommend I start with with my first 25 points?

KEKGOT

Jan 31, 2022
I prefer dex but con is the next choice since its annoying to level up.
My only issue, is I want to be able to wear Heavy armor so I take less damage, but don't want to be over encumbered. With that in mind, would I be better off going Blainn? Cause I would also want to main 2H axe, and Blainn have an Axe clade.

Thorkel of Joms

Feb 4, 2022
For anyone new getting ready for release, I will give one update.

The only two warrior builds I would play (I only really play melee) and will be playing, is max size stout veela age 31, and min size stout blainn age 23. I won't get into other viable warrior builds because I believe these two are by far the best even if there are other ones that are close.

When it comes to mages, as mentioned above, I mainly play melee. But if I was to make a mage today, I would probably make a min size stout sheevra age 31.

As a new player searching for a Footfighter / secondary archery build I would love to hear why you are reccommending Veela over Thursar.
Oghmir I understand because they have amazing DEF, good DPS, low height and the pipe utility. They are so OP that I expect a nerf...

Also I'm expecting a nerf to riding for high height or weigth characters... (people have been commenting this). It will affect Thursar and perhaps Veela (31age stout and 184cm is 103kg).

So, I'm curious about why Veela for warrior build.

Thanks for all the help for new players, MO2 can be pretty intimidating.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Hilarious players cryed Veelas were slow and bad in the beta, and then SV basically makes them the main PvP meta. Speed is the most important thing for pvp and Veelas do not have much of a downside.