Launch Delayed to Q4 2021?

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
The game is developing at a great pace, more productive feedback to push this beast forward in creativity. Mapping trade routes in early access to include, bug fixes, pickable / AI suggested placement and roam behavior. The development of this game relies heavily on its Interaction with community testing. This being relevant to the process, thank you for posting!

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Some terminology isn't clear here.

Early access usually means the game is available to be purchased in steam as early access. Which currently it isn't.
I'm hoping that would be the case, I've heard of the term "Persistent Beta" somewhere which I'm guessing may be the period of Early Access in March till Q4 2021 at which point the word "Beta" gets removed and the game enters Full Release.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
They should have a full wipe before going to the full release of the game. Who knows what SV is actually going to do, they once said progress would transfer over from the old game. I just hope the 3 months sub I have will not be applied until the full release of the game.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: Neftan and Ibarruri

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i think seb said your sub starts on first login after persistant, so maybe if you want to wait for the full release just dont login till then. If early access does start at end of march, I expect it will be a rough ride since they're still having trouble getting basic things working like... pathing. that and there's almost no content in the game in terms of PVE. hopefully the next month will be a truly exceptional amount of output from SV or they will announce a delay in the coming week

-barcode

Reactions: Xunila

Rhias

May 28, 2020
They should have a full wipe before going to the full release of the game. Who knows what SV is actually going to do, they once said progress would transfer over from the old game. I just hope the 3 months sub I have will not be applied until the full release of the game.

There won't be any wipes as soon as they turn "presistent". And that's planned for March...

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
There won't be any wipes as soon as they turn "presistent". And that's planned for March...
The Hordes of full geared reds already board with the game are going to make anyone starting at launch feel real welcomed. Good thing for Haven.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
I really hope that this time around SV is focused on releasing the game on Steam, meaning that right before it's available on Steam everything should be wiped and ready for the Steam players.

Steam release should be the primary focus as it can make or yet again break the game.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
I really hope that this time around SV is focused on releasing the game on Steam, meaning that right before it's available on Steam everything should be wiped and ready for the Steam players.

Steam release should be the primary focus as it can make or yet again break the game.
I don't think to many non MO hardcores are going to pay a monthly sub for an early access game but will see.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

Apparently this is already ruling out. We will all start from scratch. There will be no transfer of items. Although I imagine that the veterans of MO1 will have some type of bonus (veteran points) that will help us to have layers or things like that.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Personally I think the persistent early release from March will be a way to test all the basic mechanics before eary acces, and I imagine Starvault has it. The game is not ready yet, not regarding pve, and many mechanics are still missing.
But I think it's part of starvault's plan.
Starting in a persistent (albeit incomplete) world will allow you to gather a ton of information. I think that's what it's all about.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I really would like to go into persistent state soon because only in that state player will start to use and test all parts of the game with high intensity. Many parts of the game have been tested on very low level. How many players really used alchemy and cooking so far? I tried them but I must admit I don't want to spend much time to gather materials and then get the next wipe. But with the persistent state I will start to gather materials and work a lot with them.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Early access = Persistent release.

Persistent release = No more wipes.
Early access = Early headstart for launch seeing no more wipes.

Just SV being SV using different names for the exact same thing...

Although I wouldnt doubt SV would do Persistent release and then Early access and get a shitshow from all the early access folk thinking they got in early and then learning we have been playing and getting ahead for months. Would be typical SV shenanigans and backfiring stupidity.