Latency is an issue, especailly for people connecting from the west coast.

WesleySnipes

Jul 8, 2020
Your average west coaster connecting to the current server will likely have ~200-250ms. That's a significant deficit in comparison to a european player (the server is supposedly located in london for those that don't know). This effects all sorts of things like player position on the client to relation to where they are on the server, reactionary things like blocking/parrying, etc. I've had numerous instances (which I hope to post here once I find the time to edit the videos) where I find my attacks going through other players and vice versa when it comes to blocking (I block on my screen, but the attack has already happened).

For testing purposes this might not be a huge deal (although I would say that it skewers feedback and data since any feedback you're getting will be based on a players performance / experience during a session).

Last edited:

Kanye West

Jul 6, 2020
yea ping is pretty brutal for NA west. Its MO1 prediction without any of the benefits. They need to remove/nerf the 360 block otherwise high ping players are bunk in melee.

WesleySnipes

Jul 8, 2020
yea ping is pretty brutal for NA west. Its MO1 prediction without any of the benefits. They need to remove/nerf the 360 block otherwise high ping players are bunk in melee.

The compensation or whatever they had in the original MO1 was ratchet as fuck and exploited to the fullest a mechanic/feature possibility could be. The big problem here is that henrik wants to have one server for both regions. That's no guano in my book.

Even if they fix the block, I think if you're from NA west you're still going to get dunked on just due to latency. Short term, move the test server to NA (most of the people playing right now are from NA anyway).

When LiF switched from having regional servers to having one server the game went to total shit for anyone playing from NA.

In DFO the NA server couldn't come fast enough.

@Henrik Nyström - two regions one server will not work if you care about your north american player base.

WesleySnipes

Jul 8, 2020
This game is made in Europe, by Europeans for Europeans. Americans are an afterthought. The server stays in EU since EU ping matters more. Americans can choose to deal with it or go play Runescape if 200+ ping is too hardcore for them. This is Henrik's The Vision.

PlainBackEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

Kanye West

Jul 6, 2020
Most of the playerbase is NA, and was NA in MO1. Basically if they don't improve NA players have to cheese.

It wont be bad when there are mounteds, mages, ranged, etc. Just understand the straight melee game is unplayable, and EU players won't enjoy it either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Most of the playerbase is NA, and was NA in MO1. Basically if they don't improve NA players have to cheese.

It wont be bad when there are mounteds, mages, ranged, etc. Just understand the straight melee game is unplayable, and EU players won't enjoy it either.
And if the Chinese starts becoming the largest audience of MO, would you like to move the servers closer to China? The game stays Euro-centric, as the vision intended.

Also, MO was always about cheesing. Footfighter online was only a thing because mounteds and mages were underdeveloped. In MO2, I suspect Americans would complain for the first few months after release, but after realizing there are more effective, skill based mechanics surrounding mage focus firing, mounteds, and pets, complaints will die down as melee becomes obsolete.

WesleySnipes

Jul 8, 2020
And if the Chinese starts becoming the largest audience of MO, would you like to move the servers closer to China? The game stays Euro-centric, as the vision intended.

Also, MO was always about cheesing. Footfighter online was only a thing because mounteds and mages were underdeveloped. In MO2, I suspect Americans would complain for the first few months after release, but after realizing there are more effective, skill based mechanics surrounding mage focus firing, mounteds, and pets, complaints will die down as melee becomes obsolete.

tenor.gif

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
^ This guy doesn't even own windows 10 and cannot play the game, how can he expect anyone to take him seriously.
This guy has 10 messages on a bait account and is LARPing as a school bully from a decade old childrens cartoon. How can anyone take YOU seriously.

Kevin

Jun 7, 2020
This guy has 10 messages on a bait account and is LARPing as a school bully from a decade old childrens cartoon. How can anyone take YOU seriously.
You don't even have a character in mo2 test server good talk though Im a well established and known player.

Kanye West

Jul 6, 2020
Starvault needs to do a lot better of a job of limiting who can post in feedback forums. A dude who doesnt even have an account is trollin legitimate testers.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Starvault needs to do a lot better of a job of limiting who can post in feedback forums. A dude who doesnt even have an account is trollin legitimate testers.
I already bought the game so I don't know where you get your facts from, but you're wrong. Second of all, I was here since the beginning. I'm a turbo boomer scraping you zoomers off the sidewalk. Now geeeet off mah forums

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
On having a separate NA Server

Pros:
- Better latency for NA Players
- Theoretical better player retention in NA

Cons:
- Split an already historically niche community
- International guilds are already formed, and likely to try to play together anyway, so there will still be latency cases.
- Lose the 1 world, 1 history feature of the game
- If a server ever has to be closed down, SV has to choose which one gets all its progress wiped.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
On having a separate NA Server

Cons:
- Better latency for NA Players
- Theoretical better player retention in NA
- Split an already historically niche community
- International guilds are already formed, and likely to try to play together anyway, so there will still be latency cases.
- Lose the 1 world, 1 history feature of the game
- If a server ever has to be closed down, SV has to choose which one gets all its progress wiped.
Fixed with Henrik approved edits.