just rage quit:)

Furimaxc

Sep 23, 2022
Experience of only 120 hours. Before I want to say that I have passed almost all mmo in 15 years, I have played most of them, although I understand that mortal has taken a different path.
After the first hours in heaven, which I think is the first failure of the game, because it discourages 90 percent of the population, poorly made tutorials,, the game sends you with the first character, learns to block basic combat and that's it. That's nice but if some fool clicks that he wants to leave, he usually creates a new character, because the real world is a different category, the experience of practically everything (skill exp,clade exp)is bad compared to Heaven, I won't go into detail about the fact that almost every new player starts with bad stats, even through the guide I made the wrong age and a few things .Because the game is almost dead, so even most of the people who create content are gone. OK, but I still enjoy it, I'll continue it, let's say that I'll create a new character and spend everything in an imaginary heaven. I'll come to the real world prepared with everything, I have a guild who can help me, what should I do? There is practically no content in the beginning of the game. Except crafting and boring gold farm, afk mining, or bandit camp farm. or overfarmed zombies where there are always about 10 people I don't think Meduli is very good. The locations are nice, but what's the point if you have to walk 10 minutes to a bandit camp? I play black desert online, but this is totally out of line. So pve content after 2 years will develop almost 0. PVP if someone starts a mage , so the balance of the characters is a bit laughable, weak healing compared to 3X more hits from the warrior, not ideal, after a few hours I found out that the mage here is probably a character that the others just piss on. That's a fact, unfortunately, maybe some super pvp player with millions of cheat gold can lead me opposite, but we are talking about new players. Simply put, the game needs to be worked on for a very long time, in 2-3 years I may come back. Meanwhile, the game discourages players, with its incompleteness and mechanisms that I do not understand at all in 2022 they can be.

Reactions: Gnidex

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Overlooking your salt, you do make a few good points. The game NEEDS a way to easily reroll characters. MO1 you had 4 char slots, any 1 char had less value. MO1 to reroll by yourself you lose everything, combat skills, crafting, and all your items because you cant give them to an alt. This is really shit. New players will almost always make the wrong character. And even if they make a good character they may want to switch. Like if they make a mage, but decide they don't like mage in MO and want to be a fighter or Ma or something. They are screwed. Everything gone if they try to switch.

I've spent most of my time on those forum shitting on the game. Theres an obv lack of content currently. but the game is improving. and its also just a very niche and complex game. The learning curve is going to be steep. But I do agree that they need to improve the tutorial and NPE more.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
As a veteran of MO, i really appreciate the nuance of the world and can honestly see the beauty of a hostile/breatihing/beating/capitalistic/cannibalistic/ and living world.

There are too many posts about negative new player experiences and i wish i could remember back, and post creative and constructive feedback to make their process easier. There are some that instantly attack these posts, but on the opposite side, there are also players taking the time to make tutorial videos and such to welcome and nurture new players.

Now i'm a firm believer in immersion, so IMO, the more the devs can do to keep players in-game and learning is sooooo ultimately important. Haven and it's tutorials are a product of the devs recognizing that. It's a monumental improvement from what we've had in the past and continues to improve. Everyone would love specifics on where the tutorials fail for completely new players.

Now the cities.
Well, historically the west is where the population is the greatest (and maybe it should be said in-game). Tindrem/Meduli/Fab and somewhat spillover into Vadda is where the new players start en masse. Which means new player areas (graveyards) will be overrun. And bandits looking for easy blood lurk perpetually.

Central Steppe is pretty calm most of the time, but Bak Ti has been a stronghold for Anti-RPKers in the past. Which... of course... draws RPKers cuz there's PVP to be had there. Moh KI is a strange oasis that sometimes feels on a knifes edge. You'll see Vagabond guilds come and go, but they're usually looking for fights elsewhere.

Morin Khur has always felt like more of an outpost. I've never really seen the appeal but it draws a decent amount of players... of a different sort. They're more rough and more self-sufficient (it seems). The lands (and down to Toxai) are actually pretty fertile but are more hostile from terrain and player activity.

Hyllspeia is an MO2 addition. It's strangely near the most populous area, but tucked WAY back in the mountains. And with a back way towards Cave Camp i think it can grow into a fun aggravative town.

Long story short - this game is a real sandbox. It ebbs/flows with the activity of the players. You may see the difference hourly from the activity level of guilds around the (real) world or maybe more anticipated.

Realize that you are in this insane and hostile world. New players of like-mind are fighting for your resources. Old players of vampiric-mind are watching.... always

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
Personally I thought Haven was the perfect learning experience to prepare for Myrland.

I mean, what's wrong with it? You learn all the basic controls, combat, gathering and crafting, skillbooks etc. And you know that once on Myrland, players will try to kill you.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
In my opinion as long term player and MO1 veteran (since MO1 beta) one of the worst things for new players is the reroll problem. In MO1 we got reroll tokens for 9€ (or 9 US$, I don't remember). This is heavily needed in MO2, too! And a reroll should be possible for maybe three times without any costs to allow new players and even veteran players .

With age potions a change to better stats is possible for low costs. I myself am selling age potions with two years change for 30 gold. Of cause a "clade potion" or "change clade NPCs" could be nice, even for costs of 1000 gold.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Experience of only 120 hours. Before I want to say that I have passed almost all mmo in 15 years, I have played most of them, although I understand that mortal has taken a different path.
After the first hours in heaven, which I think is the first failure of the game, because it discourages 90 percent of the population, poorly made tutorials,, the game sends you with the first character, learns to block basic combat and that's it. That's nice but if some fool clicks that he wants to leave, he usually creates a new character, because the real world is a different category, the experience of practically everything (skill exp,clade exp)is bad compared to Heaven, I won't go into detail about the fact that almost every new player starts with bad stats, even through the guide I made the wrong age and a few things .Because the game is almost dead, so even most of the people who create content are gone. OK, but I still enjoy it, I'll continue it, let's say that I'll create a new character and spend everything in an imaginary heaven. I'll come to the real world prepared with everything, I have a guild who can help me, what should I do? There is practically no content in the beginning of the game. Except crafting and boring gold farm, afk mining, or bandit camp farm. or overfarmed zombies where there are always about 10 people I don't think Meduli is very good. The locations are nice, but what's the point if you have to walk 10 minutes to a bandit camp? I play black desert online, but this is totally out of line. So pve content after 2 years will develop almost 0. PVP if someone starts a mage , so the balance of the characters is a bit laughable, weak healing compared to 3X more hits from the warrior, not ideal, after a few hours I found out that the mage here is probably a character that the others just piss on. That's a fact, unfortunately, maybe some super pvp player with millions of cheat gold can lead me opposite, but we are talking about new players. Simply put, the game needs to be worked on for a very long time, in 2-3 years I may come back. Meanwhile, the game discourages players, with its incompleteness and mechanisms that I do not understand at all in 2022 they can be.

No offense but if you could have broken that up better to read, because it is one giant wall of text to me and quite difficult to track what you are upset about.

I agree with the others the re-roll issue is an issue, having a second character slot is something I opposed for the longest time, and still do. BUT I do see that it is something that many others want and it does make some sense, but I also believe it should be tied to the first character and they should share rep.

As for the weak healing? What? Yes you can be hit for high damage but it would make for a pretty boring game if healing was able to 1:1 match damage, you would NEVER die, and thus never lose any fight with ANYTHING. As a mage you have great healing, but you have horrible armor. If you wear great armor you have horrible mana regeneration. It is a trade off, this isnt some anime game where some floppy rabbit eared Loli is going to bounce around throwing hearts at things while wearing a steel plate bra and thong.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
It is a trade off, this isnt some anime game where some floppy rabbit eared Loli is going to bounce around throwing hearts at things while wearing a steel plate bra and thong.
Don't worry, when subs most likely fail and they go to f2p with micro, maybe we can get our bunny ear cosmetics and spell heart reskins.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Medudu area needs a dungeon. It has resources but no content.

Reactions: CherryKush

Tzone

May 16, 2021
In my opinion as long term player and MO1 veteran (since MO1 beta) one of the worst things for new players is the reroll problem. In MO1 we got reroll tokens for 9€ (or 9 US$, I don't remember). This is heavily needed in MO2, too! And a reroll should be possible for maybe three times without any costs to allow new players and even veteran players .

With age potions a change to better stats is possible for low costs. I myself am selling age potions with two years change for 30 gold. Of cause a "clade potion" or "change clade NPCs" could be nice, even for costs of 1000 gold.
Not having reroll tickets or coupons is just bleeding new players from the game. You have to reroll when you start playing the game. The first char you make usually is trash or messed up. So is the 3 and 4th usually. Planning new builds is fun, rerolling isnt and when you are a new players with out a alt account to but your stuff into while you reroll then you are starting back at square one.

If SV wants more people to continue past their first dozen hours or like OP past the first 100 they need to make rerolling more convenient and easy for 1 account players. Having to farm all your crafting skills again is a huge time sink.

Reactions: Thorrior

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Not having reroll tickets or coupons is just bleeding new players from the game. You have to reroll when you start playing the game. The first char you make usually is trash or messed up. So is the 3 and 4th usually. Planning new builds is fun, rerolling isnt and when you are a new players with out a alt account to but your stuff into while you reroll then you are starting back at square one.

If SV wants more people to continue past their first dozen hours or like OP past the first 100 they need to make rerolling more convenient and easy for 1 account players. Having to farm all your crafting skills again is a huge time sink.
Its funny because in mo 1 when the game was down to about 100 players. They did give you a reroll token on leaving haven. Strange that they learned from their mistakes and didn't repeat them.

Reactions: Xunila and Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Don't worry, when subs most likely fail and they go to f2p with micro, maybe we can get our bunny ear cosmetics and spell heart reskins.

I am waiting for my wizard pointy hat like MO1....

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
The lack of content is the big issue for me. Really not much to do and what you can do takes like 1 hour to ride there, obviously Devs made big world expecting to fill it out but never got around to it

shass

Aug 21, 2022
Aye. Not a rage quit. More a shaking of head and walk away sadly. As a new player I thought Haven was great, it could be better but like many have stated, it is easy to make the wrong build in this game and lose many hours of work just to end up in Nave with a crap build.
The end of the road for me came when once again I was scraping for profession points to make weapons. With nothing spare I took them off materials, consequently reducing my Cuprum lore.... and then found that trashed the weapons damage. The trailer for the game shows the amazing crafting system, which you then find is a convoluted fiddle with not enough points to be of use. I appreciate that player interaction is a desirable quality, and it is, but I didn't expect to gather and produce all the materials. I just wanted to make weapons, including bows. Obviously too much to ask. Way too many restrictions to keep to the 'vision'.... and yet having countless mounts killed by griefing idiots is part of the 'fun'. With the big empty world it becomes a walking simulator. With all the materials having lore, where's the games lore? Where is the reason for PVP? It's just an empty and pretty griefer's playground. Yeah, now I've had my hissy fit I'll move on.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Its funny because in mo 1 when the game was down to about 100 players. They did give you a reroll token on leaving haven. Strange that they learned from their mistakes and didn't repeat them.
They will add a bunch of QoL things to the game when its back down to around 100 players. The typical "too little too late". Henrik knows its fucking stupid to only give us one character slot per account. Its making him more money though...for now. So when its convenient for SV they will give it to us.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
They will add a bunch of QoL things to the game when its back down to around 100 players. The typical "too little too late". Henrik knows its fucking stupid to only give us one character slot per account. Its making him more money though...for now. So when its convenient for SV they will give it to us.
I'm not gonna hate too hard on the 1 character thing because at the time I liked some of the ideas behind it. In the end though people just make a bunch of characters anyway. 2 chars would've made the most sense because you have the same amount of total points. Also the game design is just such that you need to be in multiple places at once regardless of how many skill points you have.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I'm not gonna hate too hard on the 1 character thing because at the time I liked some of the ideas behind it. In the end though people just make a bunch of characters anyway. 2 chars would've made the most sense because you have the same amount of total points. Also the game design is just such that you need to be in multiple places at once regardless of how many skill points you have.
I'm gonna hate on the one character thing because it was extremely unrealistic. He can't have really thought it was going to work out the way it was in his head.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Because the game is almost dead, so even most of the people who create content are gone.
Hmm no I don't think that is the case. I'm seeing more content creators for this game as of late, some are new while others have been around a while. And the game isn't dead, nor dying:

Screenshot_20220927-110558_Chrome.jpg

Mages are one of the most feared character builds in the game, at first glance it's easy to diss on them until you come face to face with one who knows what they're doing:

With some careful tuning, I can craft every basic equipment I need including armours, weapons, shields and foods, plus the lores and appliances for material processing with an extra 100 profession points left over.

The higher-end gear obviously I would need to either buy it off the broker or find someone who will craft it for me, but as it is I'm fairly self-sufficient on one character.

It's your prerogative to rage-quit and give your opinions for doing so, but I don't think it completely matches what others like myself have experienced or how we view the game.

Last edited:

shass

Aug 21, 2022
Hmm no I don't think that is the case. I'm seeing more content creators for this game as of late, some are new while others have been around a while. And the game isn't dead, nor dying:

View attachment 4928

Mages are one of the most feared character builds in the game, at first glance it's easy to diss on them until you come face to face with one who knows what they're doing:

With some careful tuning, I can craft every basic equipment I need including armours, weapons, shields and foods, plus the lores and appliances for material processing with an extra 100 profession points left over.

The higher-end gear obviously I would need to either buy it off the broker or find someone who will craft it for me, but as it is I'm fairly self-sufficient on one character.

It's your prerogative to rage-quit and give your opinions for doing so, but I don't think it completely matches what others like myself have experienced or how we view the game.
Clever you. Strange how you can make others gripes about the game turn into a 'just how good am I post'. The point was the game and trailer was advertised as play how you want ...... become a world beating crafter selling your wares through out Nave. Not on the measly points allocated. It was not put out as just enough to look after yourself... no matter what your post says. Clap your flippers and throw yourself a herring, good boy.