June 2023 Ban Report

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
June 2023 Ban Report

Here are the monthly bans for June. We apologize for the delay on the report. We had a combination of a few things that led to the delay. We had some members of the team take some time off, a large focus on PTR and TC based work internally, and lastly, we had numerous cases/investigations we wanted to close before finalizing the report.

123 total accounts were banned.

71 accounts were banned for hacking.

31 accounts were banned for botting or being involved with botting.

20 accounts were banned for breaking the communication policy. One of these accounts have had broken the policy back in April. This was their second strike.

1 account was banned for exploiting.

1 account was banned for combat logging.

2 accounts were banned for GM abuse.

Reddit Bans

This month there were 5 bans for reddit. Either related to staff impersonation/harassment or promoting hacking/cheating.

Link -

Robmo Cannot Appeal Your Ban

I wanted to put a reminder that I cannot get involved or advocate for any bans or ban appeals you question me about. If you want to appeal bans from the game, please go to help centre. We have a process that needs to be respected for the best possible outcome.

Help Centre - https://www.mortalonline2.com/help-center/

The GM team or Robmo will not answer your questions regarding bans or your “friends” bans. We do not share info with third parties.

If you have to report suspicious activity, please contact Robmo via Discord or make a GM report in game.

Piet

May 28, 2020
June 2023 Ban Report

Here are the monthly bans for June. We apologize for the delay on the report. We had a combination of a few things that led to the delay. We had some members of the team take some time off, a large focus on PTR and TC based work internally, and lastly, we had numerous cases/investigations we wanted to close before finalizing the report.

123 total accounts were banned.

71 accounts were banned for hacking.

31 accounts were banned for botting or being involved with botting.

20 accounts were banned for breaking the communication policy. One of these accounts have had broken the policy back in April. This was their second strike.

1 account was banned for exploiting.

1 account was banned for combat logging.

2 accounts were banned for GM abuse.

Reddit Bans

This month there were 5 bans for reddit. Either related to staff impersonation/harassment or promoting hacking/cheating.

Link -

Robmo Cannot Appeal Your Ban

I wanted to put a reminder that I cannot get involved or advocate for any bans or ban appeals you question me about. If you want to appeal bans from the game, please go to help centre. We have a process that needs to be respected for the best possible outcome.

Help Centre - https://www.mortalonline2.com/help-center/

The GM team or Robmo will not answer your questions regarding bans or your “friends” bans. We do not share info with third parties.

If you have to report suspicious activity, please contact Robmo via Discord or make a GM report in game.
When are we getting our promised wall of shame?

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Henrik made a big announcement about it. I believe on the mo1 forums. Pretty sad state of affairs.
do you have a link? I assume he was referring to MO1.

I have a wall of shame ready. It just needs Henrik's approval

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

The mortal online forums were taken down about a month ago. Or sv simply isn’t paying the license.

There was a thread by Henrik announcing mo2 back in 2019ish. There were many promises in there. One of them was the need for a wall of shame. We can only pray that the goddess of forum archives najwalaylah hears our prayers.

I’m working on getting an archive but unfortunately 90% of mo1 players got griefed out of the game by henny so hard to get a hold of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daikos

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
1689118209061.png

not a promise, but this is just one time he mentions it...ya know...just about 2.5 years ago.

71 hackers in a month on a game that doesn't have unique id's on items is just bad.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
View attachment 6020

not a promise, but this is just one time he mentions it...ya know...just about 2.5 years ago.

71 hackers in a month on a game that doesn't have unique id's on items is just bad.
Every video game which is online has this issue. Look at WoW, Code, Lost Ark, etc. They go through it as well. Its always a cat and mouse game and the team does the best they can. Every month it gets better.

Ive seen quite in improvement all around with the bans the policy, how they are handled ,etc in the last year.

Proud of the team

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Every video game which is online has this issue. Look at WoW, Code, Lost Ark, etc. They go through it as well. Its always a cat and mouse game and the team does the best they can. Every month it gets better.

Ive seen quite in improvement all around with the bans the policy, how they are handled ,etc in the last year.

Proud of the team
The hackers are expected. And the banning of them is going well from what you're saying. Its just unfortunate the items that are ill-gotten stay in circulation.

Reactions: Piet

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

We have always been tough on cheating, but it is not enough that justice be done, it must be seen to be done. We plan to name and shame banned characters to improve confidence.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Thank you