It would have been a smarter nerf to nerf the tactician clade, instead of nerfing Auw Surge.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
As the title says.

Now Henrick talked about a Dagger nerf and i personally think it would be smarter to not nerf the dagger but increase the weight of the towershield that much, that it can´t be used by Alvarins with a max roll free Armor weight Amulet, except they wear Paper Armor.

This would be the smarter Nerf to daggers then taking away the only tool that
that can do something against heavy armored guys in Tungsteel Armor.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Nah, weakspots never belonged in this game in the first place. I'm assuming the nerf to daggers is about that?

Piet

May 28, 2020
Nerf both tbh, Tactician became waaay more powerful with added aoe's and auw surge is op still. And imo take out all rng. Turn weakspot into armor pen and nerf heavy daggers and take out concentration and instead reduce damage done if you are hit.

Reactions: Jatix

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Nah, weakspots never belonged in this game in the first place. I'm assuming the nerf to daggers is about that?
Why not if you sacrefice Hp for being able to weakspot ? In my opinion you should be forced playing a glass cannon to get enough weakspot chance. Up to 120 Dex the Weakspot chance should be very low and like with Int it should scale drasticly per point after 125 Dex, so youa re forced to play a skinny 147 HP Veela. Continually ignoring the armor would also be very interesting. Less rng like. if SV nerf the dagger they should at least give it a bit more slashing damage and the Khurite Longblade need the piercing damage to be buffed.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
How do you stop all those Ogmirs in heavy tungteel armor and towershields ?
if they nerf daggers they need to nerf Oghmium, Tungsteel and Steel Armor. Oghmium Armor should have as much defencive as a Tungsteel Armor have right now. Tungsteel should be a bit better then steel but both Steel, Tungsteel should be nerfed, hevy Carapace and Pensar defence should be nerfed on heavy armors aswell. At least a little. Some armor is so tanky that without a weakpot you don't do any damage at all.

Piet

May 28, 2020
if they nerf daggers they need to nerf Oghmium, Tungsteel and Steel Armor. Oghmium Armor should have as much defencive as a Tungsteel Armor have right now. Tungsteel should be a bit better then steel but both Steel, Tungsteel should be nerfed, hevy Carapace and Pensar defence should be nerfed on heavy armors aswell. At least a little. Some armor is so tanky that without a weakpot you don't do any damage at all.
imo just nerfing tower shields or changing how shields work would help. Maybe make it so you are much slower with shields like tower shield is half speed but then you could take it on and off so not sure maybe even having one in your inventory makes you half speed.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I'm just speaking on the RNG aspect of weakspots. It never feels good to be fighting someone whose weapon can get a massive damage proc because there is little counterplay to that. I'd rather just buff piercing on daggers, but that can cause problems of its own. Honestly it just shows the flaw of the attribute system with all weapons scaling from Strength.

The best times of Mortal was before Heavy armor training was even a skill. Remember that? As soon as full steel Direptor and tungsteel became the norm the combat felt very gimmicky. Thats off topic, but yeah rng sucks.

Reactions: Piet

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Eh, no? Even with tactician, humans are probably least played clade of all. Yeah tactician is OP. Just like alavarin speed buffs is OP, just like oghmir pipe and rock solid and an ability to wear full steel with a towershield and have 20 thirt without a single point spent and being able to eat lots of hot food?

Let's just... not nerf humans? Yeah they can finally shine and i don't see what's so bad about it. Let's think about how we could buff khurites instead.

Reactions: Xronim

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Eh, no? Even with tactician, humans are probably least played clade of all. Yeah tactician is OP. Just like alavarin speed buffs is OP, just like oghmir pipe and rock solid and an ability to wear full steel with a towershield and have 20 thirt without a single point spent and being able to eat lots of hot food?

Let's just... not nerf humans? Yeah they can finally shine and i don't see what's so bad about it. Let's think about how we could buff khurites instead.

because you can spam the spell brainless, wo caring about teamdamage at all. Give the human somethign else OP. Maybe 2 kg more weight before mana penelty.

Last edited:
Reactions: MolagAmur

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
because you can spam the spell brainless, wo caring about teamdamage at all. Give the human somethign else OP. Maybe 2 kg more weight before mana penelty.
It would be still worse vs alvarin. And there's still more sheevra mages, even with tactician.
I'd probably take reflect bypass though. Still, w/o auw surge with tactician, human DK - the only reason to ever roll human melee - would take a massive hit.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
More people should have given feedback on tactician when it was first shown. I continuously talked about how it didn't belong in the game. Its halfway to not having team damage at all.

Tactician was added before we had AoEs too. Only takes a little bit of brainpower to forsee the issues it was going to cause.

Same with the ability to turn off hitting blues. It was first added for "noobs" to not be griefed into hitting someone when farming skeletons in Tindrem Graveyard. Now its abused by "blue players" in pvp. There are many better perks Humans could have gotten.

Whatever though. This is all Henriks vision.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Piet

May 28, 2020

They are one of the most popular clade. They have the most mana regen, tons of free points, and much more. That clade gift is out of place and OP even in comparison to speed buff or pipe.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
They are one of the most popular clade. They have the most mana regen, tons of free points, and much more. That clade gift is out of place and OP even in comparison to speed buff or pipe.
True, it's like 4th most popular clade in the game.

> mana regen
Oh cool. Yeah. No.

> tons of free points
50 plus something
"Tons"
Meanwhile oghmir gets 100 points worth of PU for free and like 70 points worth of HAT, again for free. Or they can just opt in for steel+towershields.

> much more
I'm listening

• Haha
Reactions: Piet

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The Human have to get Endurence, becuase the Human have much less Stamina. Not many Points left if you play a melee ! The mana regen is nice and should be buffed. His stamina should be buffed, to not be forced to use endurence and maybe give the human 25 % mana regen in heavy armor, or make the skill Meditation ignore 50 % of the armor. This would make the human much better and this changes should replace tactician, becuause this clade is just broken. Changing tactician to only count for melee attacks would make the clade useless.

Another idea to improve the hybrid would be a spell or a veteran clade that allow the hybrid to hold his precasted spell for twice the ammount of time. 40 sec instead of 20, so you can precast a spell, hit the opponent 3-4 times with the sword and release the spell to finish him off, or release the corrupt to prevent the Ogmir from healing.

I guess when people figure out that tactician is reducing the damage twice, if the elementalist of your team have tactician and hit a human footfighter on the frontline that have skilled tactician aswell, more players will go for human psy fighters when TC gets released. The elementalist not even have to care about team damage, if the frontline fighters are humans with tactician aswell together with the northener and southener node.

I don´t like if something can be spammed brainless. This count for Auw Surge and Elementalist spells.
This is limiting your options in combat, if the opponents have tons of Death Knights , because you can´t retreat to a more strategic position and are forced to engage when the opponents push. Otherwise the simply run in the same direction as your team while spamming Auw Surge and not care about team damage. You are firced to engage, becuase the Death Knights can´t block while casting Auw Surge.

It would be better if the Death Knight would have more mana than having a clade nearly ignoring team damage.
Mental leech could and should be buffed on human aswell and ignore some armor. That would be possible with the human clade recommended above that allow him to regen a bit better in heavy armor.

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
The Human have to get Endurence, becuase the Human have much less Stamina. Not many Points left if you play a melee ! The mana regen is nice and should be buffed. His stamina should be buffed, to not be forced to use endurence and maybe give the human 25 % mana regen in heavy armor, or make the skill Meditation ignore 50 % of the armor. This would make the human much better and this changes should replace tactician, becuause this clade is just broken. Changing tactician to only count for melee attacks would make the clade useless.

Another idea to improve the hybrid would be a spell or a veteran clade that allow the hybrid to hold his precasted spell for twice the ammount of time. 40 sec instead of 20, so you can precast a spell, hit the opponent 3-4 times with the sword and release the spell to finish him off, or release the corrupt to prevent the Ogmir from healing.

I guess when people figure out that tactician is reducing the damage twice, if the elementalist of your team have tactician and hit a human footfighter on the frontline that have skilled tactician aswell, more players will go for human psy fighters when TC gets released. The elementalist not even have to care about team damage, if the frontline fighters are humans with tactician aswell together with the northener and southener node.

I don´t like if something can be spammed brainless. This count for Auw Surge and Elementalist spells.
This is limiting your options in combat, if the opponents have tons of Death Knights , because you can´t retreat to a more strategic position and are forced to engage when the opponents push. Otherwise the simply run in the same direction as your team while spamming Auw Surge and not care about team damage. You are firced to engage, becuase the Death Knights can´t block while casting Auw Surge.

It would be better if the Death Knight would have more mana than having a clade nearly ignoring team damage.
Mental leech could and should be buffed on human aswell and ignore some armor. That would be possible with the human clade recommended above that allow him to regen a bit better in heavy armor.
mana regen is already op and shouldn't be buffed but i agree the aoe damage is crazy and low skill

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
mana regen is already op and shouldn't be buffed but i agree the aoe damage is crazy and low skill
Not as Op as Ichor Pipe 10 more PU and the Speedbuff. If human get nerfed he need to be buffed somewhere else.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Human need the super broken mana regen clade. On foot Alv are insanely broken because they can just pop their clade gifts and get away for free. If it was up to me those clades would be completely removed and replaced with something not designed like trash. Also I'd remove combat jump clade and make all races combat jump the same as they do out of combat. Alv being able to combat jump just plays like trash.

The issue is everything in MO2 is balanced like aids. Alv cant be a little faster and human cant have slightly better regen. Apparently everything has to be some massive night and day difference which is pretty stupid.

Reactions: Gnidex and Rahz