Is the Ogmir mounted mage ( 138 int) relevant?

Myaurici

Feb 24, 2022
Hello everyone, tell me if the build of the magician for 138 int is relevant? Ogmir, judging by YouTube and forums, everyone only runs on dexterous magicians or on equestrian people and there is no point in a Ogmir.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Hello everyone, tell me if the build of the magician for 138 int is relevant? Ogmir, judging by YouTube and forums, everyone only runs on dexterous magicians or on equestrian people and there is no point in a Ogmir.
Have not played oghmir my self but I do see quite a few mage looking oghmirs around.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Is it meta? Definitely no.

Is it viable? Yes, but difficult.

I run a fat Oghmir mage on foot (in fights). Life has its problems, but you learn to live with it or circumvent it.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk mounted magic on general kind of sucks. Better off just getting of your mount. Casting. Then getting back on it. Trying to cast while mounted is really hard and long and way worse than mounted archery

Reactions: CrgHck

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Idk mounted magic on general kind of sucks. Better off just getting of your mount. Casting. Then getting back on it. Trying to cast while mounted is really hard and long and way worse than mounted archery
Cast time is painfuly slow, one thunderlash is like 6-7 arrows...

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Cast time is painfuly slow, one thunderlash is like 6-7 arrows...
Yeah honestly just better to get off your horse and use it as a meat shield to cast spells behind. That or I guess try to heal while running away if you can

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
I feel like peoples memories are way too short. Do you guys not remember what it was like to have mages freely be able to hop on a horse and cast with no penalty to cast time? Complaining about mount mage being awful right now has the same energy as mounts being awful right now because they have carry limits now.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I feel like peoples memories are way too short. Do you guys not remember what it was like to have mages freely be able to hop on a horse and cast with no penalty to cast time? Complaining about mount mage being awful right now has the same energy as mounts being awful right now because they have carry limits now.

no actually that was never a thing for as long as I remember. Not everyone played MO1 or alpha

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
no actually that was never a thing for as long as I remember. Not everyone played MO1 or alpha
It was a thing up until about 2 or 3 months after they put horses in the beta, you could fill you inventory completely up with whatever and ride around like it was nothing. And mages could freely hop on a horse and cast like nothing was different all the way up until a few weeks after keeps, fat mages were a menace with zero counter play because unlike archers their damage was stopped but good armor. Mounted mage is in a good place and mounted fat mage is still strong.

MM is suppose to be countered by MA right now in my experience its a toss up who wins but it is in MA favor, the problem is MC which is suppose to counter MA is such a joke no one is actually playing it. Not to mention we still have no real dismount mechanic outside of a very very lucky hammer hit.

Reactions: C3ncio

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Mounted mage is in a good place and mounted fat mage is still strong.
I agree that MM should be worse than on foot but do not think it is in a good place, cast times are just too long. Would much rather have seen decreased damage with magery on horse back. maybe it is balanced and I just suck but either way it just boring riding 1km before you get a spell off.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
It was a thing up until about 2 or 3 months after they put horses in the beta, you could fill you inventory completely up with whatever and ride around like it was nothing. And mages could freely hop on a horse and cast like nothing was different all the way up until a few weeks after keeps, fat mages were a menace with zero counter play because unlike archers their damage was stopped but good armor. Mounted mage is in a good place and mounted fat mage is still strong.

MM is suppose to be countered by MA right now in my experience its a toss up who wins but it is in MA favor, the problem is MC which is suppose to counter MA is such a joke no one is actually playing it. Not to mention we still have no real dismount mechanic outside of a very very lucky hammer hit.

So basically mounted archery is the best then and nothing counters it. Glad we both agree

Reactions: Dramonis

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
So basically mounted archery is the best then and nothing counters it. Glad we both agree
Disregarding your inflammatory tone, yes I do believe MA is overtuned at the moment. They have already said they are going to add nerfs but I have my doubts about the effectiveness of them, but thats not the topic at hand.

The topic is mounted mage still relevant which it very much is, its the 2nd strongest play style and is what both MA and MC should be measured against for balancing. MC getting buffs and MA getting nerfs. So no i don't think it sucks i think comparatively to itself from before its in a good place and the other playstyles should be brought to its level.

Reactions: C3ncio

Myta

Feb 25, 2022
MM is suppose to be countered by MA right now in my experience its a toss up who wins but it is in MA favor

A toss up, are you serious? In what world does MA ever loose to MM? The MM has to ride forever in a straight line to cast a single spell, during which the MA can easily hit several arrows. Which not only do more damage per time, but also have a high chance of interrupting the spell. Oh and MA range is much better too.

RhymenoserousRex

Feb 22, 2022
MM is suppose to be countered by MA right now in my experience its a toss up who wins but it is in MA favor

I don't think you know what a toss up means. MA wins even without any points in MA because he can put 4-6 arrows in the air for each cast and I don't much care for the chances of the MM considering the best "Ignore damage to my cast" is 50% per hit. Nominally you'd have MM taking out footies, but right now there's not much reason for a footie to not have a shortbow for mounted and a long in his pack to in on the fuck parade.

As a mage unless I'm traveling in a decent group my answer for any horsemen in the wild is to run away, and that's a lot less fun than it even sounds. (Side note I can jump other mages I suppose)

Reactions: Dramonis and CrgHck