Inebriated State; Small Batch Only?; More Hunger

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
This may be in game already and I just haven't found it, but I sure tried.

My in-game RP is a brewer. I love making beer with different liquid bases to see what I get. But when I've sampled my product extensively, there does not seem to be any inebriating effect at all! Is this in game and just requires like an absolutely full hunger stat to get? If it is, please lower it so we can at least catch a buzz on 200 units or so. If it is not in game, please give me some wobbling and motion blur for high levels of alcohol and similar effects at a lesser intensity for smaller amounts. For extremely high levels, would be neat to have your character stumble about... you could perhaps use already existing mercy state animation but add some hiccupping and vomiting sounds instead of the grunting or something.

Also, I've run into something strange that I'm not sure if it was a bug or intentional to encourage brewing beer in small batches? When I ferment 60 pirum juice and 40 rice flower, I get beer. Same for 120 pirum juice and 80 rice flower. But once I try 180 pirum juice and 120 rice flour, I start getting fermented pirum juice instead of beer. What gives?

Last but not least, could we please have hunger build up a little more quickly, thus allowing us to sample more yums yums in a shorter time? That said, not sure if this would affect combat too much, but if not, please more hunger. Also would help a bit with being able to loose weight just tad faster. I like that the system is not instant for losing weight b/c it should mirror how it requires patience and discipline as in real life... but the weight loss seems waaaaaaaaay to hard to attain when comparing to the weight gain mechanics. After accidentally going stout and then suiciding many times as well as running/jumping for several hours one evening and not losing a kg, I gave up and accepted my fate as a fat mage and began packing on the kgs with pig and beer.

Reactions: Tzone and Valoran

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
Bumping because I had an idea related to the above.

Please let me name my beers and dishes at a certain skill like weapon/armor crafters can name their weapons/armor.