Increasing Pet follow speed (Terror Turkeys excluded)

Lawolf

Aug 31, 2021
Good day dear community,

Id love to bring up a suggestion: Why dont we increase the follow speed of pets across the board to bring them closer to Terror Birds? Note that this does NOT include their speed when you issue an attack command.

Let me explain:

As a tamer main in Beta I was super intrigued by the tamer gameplay. It was fun to figure out which pet to run in which situation. The problem is that I quickly ran into the biggest wall and that is: Transportation of such pets.
Im sure many tamers constantly run into this problem. You want to ride out with your group to respond to a PvP call quickly and are pondering over which pet to choose for the fight... except that decision will ALWAYS be a Terror Bird since you cant slow down the group. This completely kills diversity of pets since the only comparable animals speed wise are the wolves and... well they are not good. Because of that issue I stopped being a tamer on release and am awaiting for the day it finally becomes less of a shackle to my group.
At the very least lets get bears into that mix. Make them able to keep up with a horse when you put them on follow. I just want to bring my pet into a fight and since the map size REQUIRES you to have a horse you better make sure that they are able to keep up with them until a different solution is implemented.

Also as a side note I would love to see a buff to Herding to allow for better pets with your horse. Its a crazy 100 primary points for a tiny buff. I would love to see that go up by about 50%.

To summarize: Please buff pet follow speed and bring it more in line with Terror Birds for most pets so I dont have to be a burden to my group when riding out (Maybe not the Campodon but its a bit too slow right now). Thats all.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
It's strange right now because Terrorbirds and maybe Cougars are the only viable options for pets right now, because your whole group gets slowed down by everything else.
Terrorbirds are so big that they are like a floating pink pinyata instantly being focused by everyone. So you can't use them for big fights.
Most other Pets are either extremely weak like Razorback. Or slow as fuck like Taurdogs or Bears.
The problem with the horses. Lvl 5 for the win. As a tamer your horse will always one shot. Or your pet is kinda useless. Like the stupidest thing ever. Full Acc should really give you one Horse for 0PP. And I still don't get it why Veterinary is a primary, and I need anatomy AND Vet to heal me and my pet. And a mage needs none of these..... and can heal the horse while riding.

Sad thing is that I don't think that they will change that. Because Everybody says that Pets are OP.
I am not OP with them at all. And I never see another Tamer out in the wild that fights me. I think most people just ditched taming altogether because of the high point investment. All in my Alliance did. I am the last left and I will probably ditch it too.

Last edited:

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
The speed increase on follow would be the least they can do for pets. Before we get pet armor in the game.

Maladore

Jan 26, 2022
It's strange right now because Terrorbirds and maybe Cougars are the only viable options for pets right now, because your whole group gets slowed down by everything else.
Terrorbirds are so big that they are like a floating pink pinyata instantly being focused by everyone. So you can't use them for big fights.
Most other Pets are either extremely weak like Razorback. Or slow as fuck like Taurdogs or Bears.
The problem with the horses. Lvl 5 for the win. As a tamer your horse will always one shot. Or your pet is kinda useless. Like the stupidest thing ever. Full Acc should really give you one Horse for 0PP. And I still don't get it why Veterinary is a primary, and I need anatomy AND Vet to heal me and my pet. And a mage needs none of these..... and can heal the horse while riding.

Sad thing is that I don't think that they will change that. Because Everybody says that Pets are OP.
I am not OP with them at all. And I never see another Tamer out in the wild that fights me. I think most people just ditched taming altogether because of the high point investment. All in my Alliance did. I am the last left and I will probably ditch it too.

Yes to all this!

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Good day dear community,

Id love to bring up a suggestion: Why dont we increase the follow speed of pets across the board to bring them closer to Terror Birds? Note that this does NOT include their speed when you issue an attack command.

Let me explain:

As a tamer main in Beta I was super intrigued by the tamer gameplay. It was fun to figure out which pet to run in which situation. The problem is that I quickly ran into the biggest wall and that is: Transportation of such pets.
Im sure many tamers constantly run into this problem. You want to ride out with your group to respond to a PvP call quickly and are pondering over which pet to choose for the fight... except that decision will ALWAYS be a Terror Bird since you cant slow down the group. This completely kills diversity of pets since the only comparable animals speed wise are the wolves and... well they are not good. Because of that issue I stopped being a tamer on release and am awaiting for the day it finally becomes less of a shackle to my group.
At the very least lets get bears into that mix. Make them able to keep up with a horse when you put them on follow. I just want to bring my pet into a fight and since the map size REQUIRES you to have a horse you better make sure that they are able to keep up with them until a different solution is implemented.

Also as a side note I would love to see a buff to Herding to allow for better pets with your horse. Its a crazy 100 primary points for a tiny buff. I would love to see that go up by about 50%.

To summarize: Please buff pet follow speed and bring it more in line with Terror Birds for most pets so I dont have to be a burden to my group when riding out (Maybe not the Campodon but its a bit too slow right now). Thats all.

I suggested an increase in pet follow speed on launch.. it was met with this reaction, "There are some pets that are faster use those".

The 3 fastest pets are.

Cougars, Terrorbirds and Razorbacks. Those three are the only three that can keep up with a horse in speed 2 or better.

Wolves, Direwolves and hunter lizards can keep up in speed 2, barely...

Taur Dogs, bears are slow.. and have trouble keeping up at speed 2.

Campadons, Prowers, Turtles and Crabs cant keep up with you in speed 2 and barely keep up at speed 1.

Of the 3 fastest pets, only 1 is viable for anything other than looking cool, and that is the Terrorbird.

Reactions: Xenom

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021

Vet should 100% be a secondary under anatomy, and should be usable while on horse. It's balanced around the time it takes to bandage and limited number of bandages.

Either that, or allow pets to be bandages on mount with veterinary and double the amount healed. Right now it's a really stupid middle ground that I don't think works. In beta when wolfbrush would heal mount it was slightly better, especially for PVE.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
I really hope they come up with something here. It's kinda sad that you basically can only use 1 pet as soon you are in a group or travel.

I also think that some of the skills like vetenary, beast influence and care should be secondaries as a sub of advanced creature control/beastmaster or something like that. As it is right now it really takes way to many points for hardly any real gain you would spend points on.

Reactions: Hodo and oldeurope

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
and I need anatomy AND Vet to heal me and my pet. And a mage needs none of these..... and can heal the horse while riding.
Mage needs Ecumenical 50~ and mental offense 100 so it's just 50 points less and no one is stopping you form switching?
On my FF I have just unlocked Vet not put any points in to it which is enough to heal it up from fall damage etc not planning on using it for battle.