Increase Mining Yield to Counter Durability

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I'm All about the PVP, but it's hard to get the End Game Dueling Experience because getting Tung/Tindremic Messing/ Skaddite/ Cronite all of that takes too damn long to get. If you have enough people online then we can get our group to mine it together, but if we don't have enough people then it feels like it takes forever to get this shit. Most of the weapons in the game break from 1 duel, if you are just average you can make it last probably 4 duels. The Durability goes down way too fast, and it sucks that the damage goes down too. Our duels just last forever because we are parry gods, I'm at the point where I am just using Hammers so that once I hit the opponent the damage actually sticks long enough before the opponent passive regens.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I'm All about the PVP, but it's hard to get the End Game Dueling Experience because getting Tung/Tindremic Messing/ Skaddite/ Cronite all of that takes too damn long to get. If you have enough people online then we can get our group to mine it together, but if we don't have enough people then it feels like it takes forever to get this shit. Most of the weapons in the game break from 1 duel, if you are just average you can make it last probably 4 duels. The Durability goes down way too fast, and it sucks that the damage goes down too. Our duels just last forever because we are parry gods, I'm at the point where I am just using Hammers so that once I hit the opponent the damage actually sticks long enough before the opponent passive regens.
That's a serious jump in production. It's genuinely amazing to me that so few (as some population estimates are touted) can be using up so much raw material so fast. You guys must be beating each other down to bare skin & empty hands, every day.

Have you thought about asking for more yield from extraction, etc., instead of or in addition to, just gettting more raw ore per unit of miner-work?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
That's a serious jump in production. It's genuinely amazing to me that so few (as some population estimates are touted) can be using up so much raw material so fast. You guys must be beating each other down to bare skin & empty hands, every day.

Have you thought about asking for more yield from extraction, etc., instead of or in addition to, just gettting more raw ore per unit of miner-work?
It's even worse if the material isn't Metal. Jadeite and Cuprum which are like decent enough to do comparable damage for a actual battle simulation only have like 90 dura but the damage drops like half way in the fight. It's actually that terrible. So usually it's like we have like a bunch of weapons and a bunch of half broken weapons in our inventory. If we duel for a few hours all the weapons are broke at that point.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

That's a good idea too more yield from extraction would be good too. Either one I would be up for. But the other issue is you don't see anyone in like Cronite armor for example because no one can afford to make it. I have only seen it 2 times. It's that rare. So the full loot experience is kind of ruined because you don't even see all the loot in the game besides animal materials and steel, some messing here and there, some jadeite here and there. You might see a guy with a Maaalite Spear from time to time, but that is about it. TungSteel is Rare, Cronite is even more rare, and I bet Oghmium will almost never be seen when they release it. Edit: Oh and I have never seen Tind Messing not even once.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
So the full loot experience is kind of ruined because you don't even see all the loot in the game besides animal materials and steel, some messing here and there, some jadeite here and there.
For some, the full loot experience is getting good stuff from the enemy or opponent.
  • I had to stop making steel for a while, when [AI] Spadar, Nightshade, et al., were getting enough armor and weapons off of [RUS] every day that they didn't need as much new stuff.
For others, the full loot experience wanted and for which they strive is just "did we take what others had, so they don't have it anymore?"
  • It's a lower bar, to be sure.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I would rather see durability increased on weapons and armor so they last longer, than make it easier to make good equipment.

Cronite is supposed to be very rare and valuable, you aren't meant to see it every day, likewise with tungsteel.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Dura should be increased. Especially for tools as well.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Do less PvP training and go look for gold and buy it from the broker. The more you buy the more competition there will be and a bigger market will exist, which will lower prices.

Alternatively, make your own.

This isn't a duel simulator like For Honour, you live in a world that means you have to work to survive.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I would rather see durability increased on weapons and armor so they last longer, than make it easier to make good equipment.

Cronite is supposed to be very rare and valuable, you aren't meant to see it every day, likewise with tungsteel.
But if you don't see end game armors and weapons in a "Full Loot" PvP game then is it really Full Loot? Perhaps it is just Partial loot at that point? Most players who have Cronite don't even take it out of the bank. They don't want to risk that gear. That ruins the Pvp experience they are trying to make with a game like this. If gear is so rare that no one can afford to use it, then that is a bit of a problem. The only guild that has this Cronite on lock is probably the Integrity one because they have spent months farming it, and even then they only have like 20k of it. Imagine having a entire farmer guild dedicated to farming materials and only having 20k Cronite. That shows you that the current Yield rate needs a increase. You literally can't argue any other point of view at that point. There is a difference between "Rare" and "Unusable because the risk isn't worth it. That ties into it as well, because other members of the community probably aren't all part of a Farmer guild meaning you have a less chance of encountering other players with High Tier Weapons and Armor, so you would risk your own Cronite Armor/Weapons to a bunch of Shitters in a Zerg Guild using Ironbone Guardfur Armor with Molarium Weapons.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Theres ways to make better tools than the vendors.
Ah i just came up with a new idea after reading this! They need better Tools! That could solve the mining problem. Tools infused with Magic to get more ore quickly.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Do less PvP training and go look for gold and buy it from the broker. The more you buy the more competition there will be and a bigger market will exist, which will lower prices.

Alternatively, make your own.

This isn't a duel simulator like For Honour, you live in a world that means you have to work to survive.
I don't think you are fully grasping this in it's entirety. They have entire guilds that only play to Farm things in this game. Like Integrity and RoyalBankOfTindrem and these guys after MONTHS of farming only have like 20k Cronite. So think of that. I mean let that sink in. So that means if you are in a different guild that does a bunch of other stuff, or are a solo miner you might have like 1000 Cronite after months of farming lol. So why would you as a solo player or a player who is part of a guild that only have a small mining team. Why would you ever bring out your Cronite/Tung/Oghmium/Tind Messing/Skaadite unless it was to style on kids. You aren't going to see this stuff at all on the map, it was more or less the same In Mo1. Steel and Messing was King because it was the only mass production most players could commit their patience to. Edit: So At that point you said Duel Simulator. But these guys with Cronite are basically playing Farm Simulator.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
But if you don't see end game armors and weapons in a "Full Loot" PvP game then is it really Full Loot? Perhaps it is just Partial loot at that point? Most players who have Cronite don't even take it out of the bank. They don't want to risk that gear. That ruins the Pvp experience they are trying to make with a game like this. If gear is so rare that no one can afford to use it, then that is a bit of a problem. The only guild that has this Cronite on lock is probably the Integrity one because they have spent months farming it, and even then they only have like 20k of it. Imagine having a entire farmer guild dedicated to farming materials and only having 20k Cronite. That shows you that the current Yield rate needs a increase. You literally can't argue any other point of view at that point. There is a difference between "Rare" and "Unusable because the risk isn't worth it. That ties into it as well, because other members of the community probably aren't all part of a Farmer guild meaning you have a less chance of encountering other players with High Tier Weapons and Armor, so you would risk your own Cronite Armor/Weapons to a bunch of Shitters in a Zerg Guild using Ironbone Guardfur Armor with Molarium Weapons.
Just because a material is not frequently used because its hard to get and valuable does not indicate a problem, and it has nothing to do with whether or not the game is full loot.

The game is full loot when you drop what you have when you die, which is true apart from bound items like spellbooks, torches and the starter sword.

Also your numbers of how much cronite people have are mostly irrelevant as the greater natorus - a crucial part of the cronite production chain - was only added fairly recently.

That said, even if people only had a small amount of cronite and in the future an even smaller amount of oghmium, there is no issue with that. People will use their rare equipment when they want to, which in MO1 was often during sieges or keep defence, and not every day while out farming animals.

It's a good thing to have rare and valuable things in games.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
this is just...wrong. Thats all I know to say.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
Just popped in here to say... Pickaxes should gather the amount that is current, while anything else should do little to nothing. Yes, quality of tools should increase efficiency, not just durability, as well as I hope we can expect armor and weapon repair kits by release.