Improvements to the UI

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The MO2 alpha has been enjoyable so far and I've really been impressed with what SV has put together for us at this stage of development.

There are a few things that I feel could be improved upon with the UI, not too major but more quality of life in nature.

1. Compass readability:
The redesigned, minimalistic compass frees up screen space, however one issue I have is that it is too hard to read when we're looking at something bright like the sky. It should have a permanent opaque background to make it more readable at all times.

2. Time of day baked into the UI:
I like how we can now check the time of day by typing /time. It would be much better though if it was permanently visible somewhere on the UI (such as on the character name plate) so that we don't have to keep typing the command to check the time if we are, say, trying to wait out till a certain time.

3. Use one universal font, not multiple:
I think having three different fonts for name plate, on-screen messages and chat looks a little messy and jarring, like reading a document that uses several different fonts all on the same page. I like the font used for the name plate where the name is shown, maybe could use that for every other UI element.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah