If Spinning Is Replaced, What Should Replace It?

actetto

Apr 21, 2022
I think they could just add more attacks and features to melee combat. I see the parry/feint/spin system as similar to juking spellcast interrupts in WoW. It's not a terrible mechanic, but when its the ONLY mechanic it feels pretty bad.

Knox

Mar 25, 2021
This is something that will never change, but if it did i would be happy with a simple kick or shoulder shove to break parries/blocks giving the enemy a short stammer pr stun mechanic. Would also make the game more group friendly ? As you wont be able to parry 3 people.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
3rd) spamming slashing while running is totally retarded, anyone who even tried even some half-ass martial art knows a big chunk of your impact comes from your legs. it shouldn't even do half your max damage.

4) blocking should be the norm, not parrying. parrying should be a risk taken.
Decent gameplay is more important than realism. If you did no damage while running it would be impossible to chase anyone and it would be MA and magic combat only.

I fully agree with point 4 tho. Would make turtling less easy 1v1. And if they go for a parry they could get hit.

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
I posted this in the other thread, but my suggestion is to make turning a set amount away from the direction you started your swing cost stamina, and to change the bashing system to be directional and interrupt parries, perhaps doing a small amount of blunt damage in the process, this solves the spin2win playstyle by punishing it with resources, and provides a counter to parry which is needed to promote more skill based melee combat that isn't so ping reliant, this is the best solution I could think of that isn't chambering, which is reliant on ping.

Reactions: Jatix