Idea: Active Murder count reduction

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
The current system to reduce murder counts, I.e only time based degradation, is lackluster. There’s potential for an additional gameplay loop.
Idea: Create an Npc in a lawless place, kranesh, cave camp or jungle camp that reduces murder counts in exchange for an item (a relatively rare drop), could be from a boss or other mobs.
This would incentivize people to go out and farm these items. At the same time the lawless areas with the npc would become pvp hotspots. Red players would flock there while blue players will try to blockade the town.

additional ideas:
- the npc could spawn at certain intervals. (Moon cycles?)
- the items could degrade overtime to avoid people stocking up on them.

reference: Eve online’s clone tag system, and star citizen’s criminal stat (security post) system.

Of course these are rough ideas and wider input/ feedback is welcome.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
A degrading item that can be turned in for murder count reduction is a pretty good idea. Here's another idea.

What about a Gladiatorial mechanic where murderers (And normal players) can sign up to entertain the local populace in return for fighting in their arena? So something like Tindrem's arena but in all of the main cities or locations for each standing. You sign up, fight some dangerous mobs or even other players, and victory or death reduces your timer, but winning grants you more reduction plus a small progression system as a gladiator. So like maybe a cool cape, weapon blueprint books, titles, gold, standing, etc. Of course if you beat another player you get their possessions. Or you can be merciful and let them live. Maybe doing that gives a title? lol who knows?

Murderers can keep doing what they enjoy while spending time away from non-consensual pvp, and this add a new interesting progression system for all of the standings. Want romanic gladiator armor? go fight in tindrem, Want some sick samurai sword bp? go fight in MK.

I get it's fanciful thinking but I think it would be a great addition to the game even without the murder count reduction.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
A degrading item that can be turned in for murder count reduction is a pretty good idea. Here's another idea.

What about a Gladiatorial mechanic where murderers (And normal players) can sign up to entertain the local populace in return for fighting in their arena? So something like Tindrem's arena but in all of the main cities or locations for each standing. You sign up, fight some dangerous mobs or even other players, and victory or death reduces your timer, but winning grants you more reduction plus a small progression system as a gladiator. So like maybe a cool cape, weapon blueprint books, titles, gold, standing, etc. Of course if you beat another player you get their possessions. Or you can be merciful and let them live. Maybe doing that gives a title? lol who knows?

Murderers can keep doing what they enjoy while spending time away from non-consensual pvp, and this add a new interesting progression system for all of the standings. Want romanic gladiator armor? go fight in tindrem, Want some sick samurai sword bp? go fight in MK.

I get it's fanciful thinking but I think it would be a great addition to the game even without the murder count reduction.
If only. I think it sounds great. Plus betting on the side :D

Reactions: Fisher(Sath)

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Good feedback. Nice job being calm.
As long as it’s not parcel level easy

D

Dracu

How about making it what needs to be done and remove murdercounts and make it only based on rep.
Lowering the already garbage rep gain from parcels to only 1 if you must and bam... garbage system gone, and you give red players a way to become blue players again and maybe even change their playstyle. Forcing reds into the one playstyle is making them not to reconsider the way they play

Reactions: Branjolf

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
How about making it what needs to be done and remove murdercounts and make it only based on rep.
Lowering the already garbage rep gain from parcels to only 1 if you must and bam... garbage system gone, and you give red players a way to become blue players again and maybe even change their playstyle. Forcing reds into the one playstyle is making them not to reconsider the way they play
because improving on the developers ideas is more palatable to them than going "Hey devs your ideas all suck get rid of them. Stfu and do it." Put yourself in the devs shoes for a second and ask which one you would prefer being tossed your way as feedback.

Of course there are moments when that sort of response is warranted, but I don't believe this is that time.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yeah, i wouldn't be so eager to make it so grind based but i wouldn't be opposed if you could burn MCs while logged off which i consider would be the simplest way to decrease the afk ingame time.

I believe the current online timer does dissuade multi account efficiency in burning mcs and encourages leaving afk clients.
That shouldn't be that way and if it were, mcs timer should be decreased drastically.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Yeah, i wouldn't be so eager to make it so grind based but i wouldn't be opposed if you could burn MCs while logged off which i consider would be the simplest way to decrease the afk ingame time.

I believe the current online timer does dissuade multi account efficiency in burning mcs and encourages leaving afk clients.
That shouldn't be that way and if it were, mcs timer should be decreased drastically.
That should be the first change tbh. You should not be forced to be online to burn MCs. Either you are online and not doing anything you enjoy or you are offline not playing the game. In both cases you have temporarily stopped killing blues, which is the whole point of the system right?

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
That should be the first change tbh. You should not be forced to be online to burn MCs. Either you are online and not doing anything you enjoy or you are offline not playing the game. In both cases you have temporarily stopped killing blues, which is the whole point of the system right?
that makes sense, though they'd probably have to increase the degradation time. Really wish SV takes note of these ideas and at least taken them into consideration.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
that makes sense, though they'd probably have to increase the degradation time. Really wish SV takes note of these ideas and at least taken them into consideration.
Already Is like 8h so its 3mcs a day, i don't think it needs to be increased any more, at all.