I unspecced cooking:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Let that sink in.

Reserve system is a joke, you don't need to eat. Cooking system is a joke, you don't need advanced skills. Really trash decision making by SV.

I understand people don't like the life sim aspect of MO, but ya gotta feed your pets. I don't need to eat at all. I can stay on 1800 until it's like wew I lost a hp or wew I'm at the point if I get touched/run I get a grey bar.

Thought for awhile that I'd try to make some HoT food, but the level of gathering/extraction etc is just not worth it. And even then, it wouldn't be like filling up all the slots. It'd prol be like... juice w/ aloe vera and some herbs haha. YUM.

Also the naming food thing not being in sucks, but it doesn't matter because unless you wanna troll and make the description super long, there's no reason to put in a bunch of mats.

FIX IT.

Reactions: Gorr and Hodo

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
I never bothered to look at mo2 cooking, but mo1 cooking used to be literally just "preparing" pig meat and grain flour to make the best health and stamina foods loool, is it still the case here?

Esproc

Jan 21, 2022
Meduli
Yeah its still just useing the most basic ingredients.
Like why isnt it like alchemy where herbs and flavor combinations make better food that give you buffs.

I wont go as far as to say you don't need to eat, as a foot fighter greybaring sucks.

D

Deleted member 44

I agree. Instead of a system of averages each incredient should be considered and buffed based on the amount of resources added and their ratio to the main portion of the food.

For example
Meat = 5 Health Nourishment
Cooked Meat = 10 Health Nourishment

Flour = 5 Stamina Nourishment
Cooked Flour = 10 Stamina Nurishment

When these items are combined in a 70% to 30% mix they receive a bonus to their stats by 50%.

10 Health * 1.5 * 0.7 = 10.5 Health
+
10 Stamina * 1.5 * 0.3 = 4.5 Stamina

You now have a food that has been amplified past the base version by making the recipe more diverse.

Reactions: grendel

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I agree. Instead of a system of averages each incredient should be considered and buffed based on the amount of resources added and their ratio to the main portion of the food.

For example
Meat = 5 Health Nourishment
Cooked Meat = 10 Health Nourishment

Flour = 5 Stamina Nourishment
Cooked Flour = 10 Stamina Nurishment

When these items are combined in a 70% to 30% mix they receive a bonus to their stats by 50%.

10 Health * 1.5 * 0.7 = 10.5 Health
+
10 Stamina * 1.5 * 0.3 = 4.5 Stamina

You now have a food that has been amplified past the base version by making the recipe more diverse.
Yes, it should work like this but can also be more complex rather easily.

There are some base formulas / reactions that take place in cooking science between different types of ingredients, if those were added in, and ingredients added to pools of applicable type, you could make cooking a lot more complex for a relatively cheap sounding change.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Some nice suggestions here.... we just need soph stat added to them and it would be good.

Reactions: Gorr

Lufan

Sep 21, 2021
Maybe if you stick to certain foot types / diets that would align with your character's class you'd also get certain benefits like stat boosts or whatever as long as you meet these certain conditions.
May be a good money sink

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Let that sink in.

Reserve system is a joke, you don't need to eat. Cooking system is a joke, you don't need advanced skills. Really trash decision making by SV.

I understand people don't like the life sim aspect of MO, but ya gotta feed your pets. I don't need to eat at all. I can stay on 1800 until it's like wew I lost a hp or wew I'm at the point if I get touched/run I get a grey bar.

Thought for awhile that I'd try to make some HoT food, but the level of gathering/extraction etc is just not worth it. And even then, it wouldn't be like filling up all the slots. It'd prol be like... juice w/ aloe vera and some herbs haha. YUM.

Also the naming food thing not being in sucks, but it doesn't matter because unless you wanna troll and make the description super long, there's no reason to put in a bunch of mats.

FIX IT.

Its even more useless as a human, you are literally solar powered.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
bone for a ded forum:

PS: I respec'd cooking. Add naming, some variety. U CAN DO EET.

Nadat

Feb 5, 2023
I'm thinking in between cooking and alchemy. Can I cook foods that players will buy? Are food buffs good for players?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm thinking in between cooking and alchemy. Can I cook foods that players will buy? Are food buffs good for players?

It's not a big secret. Cooking is easy money in a city where people will fill your buy orders. It depends on your aspirations, but alchemy will likely see you gathering your own stuff. If you are cool with just cooking stuff like cheap stam food, fat food, etc... not really much variance if you don't wanna get into it and RP or whatever. If it's got got 90~ stam it's decent. 90+ stam with low health or no health is v nice. Everyone wants to roll flour and stuff but it's not really worth it. IMO. Unless you come back from a long journey of being camped, but your fat food/cheap stam food should hold you down, then you can fill up the rest with AMBROSIAL POT BAKED WATER, which is like 40 stam. Just put water in a baking pot w/ maxed cooking lores/tools and you will get it. 40 stam and 0 health so you can't go over weight unless you fill your stam bar, and use that to top off.

You're not gonna be making any amazing breakthrus. I mean, there are effect foods and such.. shrink food, etc, but that's a big grab ass, too. You prolly won't be making something epic, altho there is probably a more potent shrink food recipe out there. It's been like 10 years, but I bet there is a way to change that number.

Cooking is flat and they are working on alchemy effects. We can hope some day they flesh cooking to something other than the 3rd rate profession it is, but just because people don't spec it... I mean you can do a lot with 0 lores in advanced, both things. It's a joke.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

also in some ways the most effective thing you can make as a full spec cook is AMBROSIAL POT BAKED WATER. It's using an advanced tool... but it doesn't require full lore on everything, I don't think. Not sure what the cut off is, but it's purified water in baking pot, and it's 40 stam and no health nut. Basically anything without health reserves is OP, starting at 40 and going on up. Cuz you can use that whenever without going overweight :)

Endstory: cooking is bad, but you can freak it.