I am looking for a skill guide

JunidO

Apr 6, 2022
Excuse my bad English, unfortunately it was never taught in school. Everything I know I learned through online games and Google Translate. Therefore I ask for answers without abbreviations and foreign words.

---

I saw an Alvarin Mage in Haven today. Require a maximum of 2 casts on a zombie or 3 punches. I then asked him about his skill level, but there was no answer. I'm currently human with 120 INT and 120 PSY, mental offense 100 ecumanical spells 100 and need at least 5 spells to kill a zombie.

Does anyone know the skill for the Alvarin or does anyone have an idea what it could be?

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
You'd have to explain more than that and even then I'm not the guy to answer you as I don't play mage. Perhaps check out the New Player Guides section, click Bear guides and look at the Alvarin mage build they have there. There's a good chance he's been in Haven for awhile and has his skills maxed up or has better spells then your using. I'm surprised about the punching part, I didn't know you could build an effective fist only build lol that's interesting.

As for zombies in haven, once your skills get leveled up and you get better spells they become insanely easy. I can pretty much 5 hit a bandit and 2 or 3 hit a zombie. That's just with emajl 2h sword and half my skills are maxed. But I am using a proper FF build.

Reactions: Midkemma

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
First you need the skill Mental Offence to 100. This makes your spells twice as strong. Mental Training is also very usefull. This makes you use half the mana per spell.

Then it also depends on what spells you are using. Flamestrike, Fulmination and Mind Blast do the most damage to pve i believe. I would open with Fulmination and then use either Flamestrike or Mind Blast.

note that these spells come from scrolls and have to be scribed into your spell book. Im not sure of they are available in Haven.

with 110 int and 120 psy you should be hitting for around 90 damage with your Fulmination.

Crowfin

Jan 28, 2022
MN USA
Omerta would LOVE to train you in pvp and gear craft. We tend to win almost all our fights, we are around 50 active members but we play in groups of 5-10 often, we avoid zergs like habits. Look us up on discord <3

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
First you need the skill Mental Offence to 100. This makes your spells twice as strong. Mental Training is also very usefull. This makes you use half the mana per spell.

Then it also depends on what spells you are using. Flamestrike, Fulmination and Mind Blast do the most damage to pve i believe. I would open with Fulmination and then use either Flamestrike or Mind Blast.

note that these spells come from scrolls and have to be scribed into your spell book. Im not sure of they are available in Haven.

with 110 int and 120 psy you should be hitting for around 90 damage with your Fulmination.

The OP did say he has 100 Mental offence. Mental training doesn't change any spellcasting mechanics. I assume you mean mental focus, but that only effects mana usage.

To the OP. I'm not sure if there are such powerful spells in Haven, I left Haven as soon as possible.

From what you have posted I don't see how he can do so much more damage than you. You are sure he isn't using lightning and you outburst?

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
First you need the skill Mental Offence to 100. This makes your spells twice as strong.

Is it only twice?
I thought it was up to 3x as the description is up to 200%

Capture.JPG

At 0 skill I was casting lesser heal for (I think) about 6-8 hp.
According to the updated INT curve the lesser heal at 100 Mental Offense is a range between 19 and 26.

Reactions: Jackdstripper

JunidO

Apr 6, 2022
This morning, I saw a mage in the Haven graveyard that could kill a zombi with just one Outburst spell.
How is that possible, how do you have to skill it?

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Not even a head shot will kill a zombie 1st time with an outburst.

I might be wrong as I'm not familiar with Haven zombies.

PS: dont stay in Haven, it is a mistake, you are playing half a game.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Are you saying I couldn't have seen that?
Or that it's not possible to create such a mage in Haven? and it is therefore a hacker / cheater?
I am saying outburst can not do that much damage. the zombie that he shot couldnt have been full hp.
Well they could be super weak to fire I havent actually shot zombies with my outburst but on everything else it does a lot less than the 100hp or what ever zombies have.

but more to the root of the question you have the correct skills just need new spells and leave haven

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Since the OP is very new i will add here that, even with full mage skills and all the spells, farming mobs in the world is not easy or fun.

most decent mobs require quite a few spells to kill and kiting is almost impossible since you have to stand still to cast.

i highly suggest having daggers skilled up so you can switch to melee when mobs get on top of you. At least then you can parry too.

farming with magic alone is kind of a pain in the ass.

Reactions: CrgHck and Stundorn