How viable is Archery in PvP?

Ragana

Feb 2, 2022
Chicago
www.Instagram.com
I haven't played a game like this since Darkfall. I'm essentially looking to go with a pure Archery build (once the game is done installing). Is it a viable build or am I getting wiped as soon as any melee closes the gap?

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I haven't played a game like this since Darkfall. I'm essentially looking to go with a pure Archery build (once the game is done installing). Is it a viable build or am I getting wiped as soon as any melee closes the gap?

It isnt like Mo1 where you could kite people and easily stay away from everyone... even at 500 movement speed people will still catch you with half your speed with clade gifts and skills.

Pure archery does well vs hybrids and about 50/50 vs mages but gets train wrecked by melee.

Its a rock paper scissor world.

Reactions: Ragana and Tzone

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ya its weird. Archery does a lot of damage in this. Longbows hit harder than they did in MO1, but slower pull speed. But theres no bows that just use no stam like MO1 had (which were busted). So running around and chasing people will stam out and your toast.

If you arent solo bow only has potential. And bow only when you are mounted is incredibly viable and best solo build in the game.

Just like darkfall you should switch to melee when they are point blank.

Different bows will use different amount of stamina, and depends on your strength. Usign a bow that is 1 str req below your strength will piss stam if you move. Vs using one like 30 str below will be much better stam while moving. so if good to know if you are trying to stay high stam to run away. I havent tested it since alpha tho. My spreadsheet I made sucks and I forgot to put what my actual str was or the number below your str you want the bow to be to use optimal stam. It doesnt scale, its a threshold, where you want to be x levels above the bow str req and you get best stam, any weaker bow has no benefit.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
When you say pvp, what pvp you want?

1 v 1 and small sale pvp, pure foot archer is not very good unless you have god like aim to hit the headshots. So you will need to go mounted archer or archer/meele hybrid.

If you want to do large scale pvp, pure foot Archer are usefull there, using longbows. Their role there is to shoot mages, other archers and horses.

As a pure foot Archer, you want to avoid combat against melee. That is your main weaknes. If you see melee running towards you, don't try to kite. Just run for your life and hope they don't catch you.

nanoswimz

Apr 22, 2021
What "pure archery" means? There is one skill affecting archery and this... archery itself.
"Holding breath" not added yet and i think its waste of stamina even if its added. You can perfect land hits with "heavy breath" aiming.
"Weak spot head"... someone hitted weakspot in the head? For 2000+ headshots, i never triggered "weakspot" with 100 dex. And in PVP, headshots are random thing, since its better to hit in torso with 95% chance, not 5-15% in head.
Apother book is lesser stam usage for bow. Usefull, if you stay in bunker and shooting non stop, but in reality you make 5-15 shots and then engage in melee.

So, there is 2 primary skill, when second is pure optional.