How to talk Trash in the MO community: A Guide

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
In my time here I've noticed some successful and unsuccessful trends in the trashtalking venture of MO community. Indeed, PvP on chat is the most active form of player versus player engagement, rather than actually fighting in game. Using my experience, I have formulated a guide for those less experienced to venture forth with their newfound knowledge, now capable of equaling anyone in chat PvP.

1. Be Anonymous. This gives you all the power if you use an alias to talk smack on your enemies. As they don't know your identity, they will fail to accurately point out your own shortcomings and failures. This also keeps your enemies from being able to retaliate against you for what you say to them, and thus it is essential.

2. Call your opposition 'Kid' or 'kids'. This should be done regardless of your own age or the age of your target. It establishes that you are the more mature party in the interaction, and points out the lacking intellect and maturity levels of the 'kid.' This will also potentially enrage your enemy, because you have disrespected them on the internet, which is of course unheard of.

3. You are always the expert. It does not matter if you have played this game for 10 hours and you're arguing mechanics with players who have played 1000. They know nothing, they're wrong, they're idiots and their opinion will always weigh less than your own. Do not ever take their experience and expertise into consideration, don't even consider considering it.

4. You've never heard of the other guy. Or, if you have heard of them, you've only heard negative things, like that one time they died in PvP in an embarassing manner. "Who are you?" is a classic way to dismiss the opinions of your enemies. How can their opinion be valid if you have not heard of them?

5. Propaganda sells. It doesn't matter if you're lying or distorting the story. It doesn't matter if you make it all up: if you keep repeating it, they will believe it to be the truth. This part will require some work and dedication on your part, naturally, but there is no price too high to pay to win an argument on the internet.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
In my time here I've noticed some successful and unsuccessful trends in the trashtalking venture of MO community. Indeed, PvP on chat is the most active form of player versus player engagement, rather than actually fighting in game. Using my experience, I have formulated a guide for those less experienced to venture forth with their newfound knowledge, now capable of equaling anyone in chat PvP.

1. Be Anonymous. This gives you all the power if you use an alias to talk smack on your enemies. As they don't know your identity, they will fail to accurately point out your own shortcomings and failures. This also keeps your enemies from being able to retaliate against you for what you say to them, and thus it is essential.

2. Call your opposition 'Kid' or 'kids'. This should be done regardless of your own age or the age of your target. It establishes that you are the more mature party in the interaction, and points out the lacking intellect and maturity levels of the 'kid.' This will also potentially enrage your enemy, because you have disrespected them on the internet, which is of course unheard of.

3. You are always the expert. It does not matter if you have played this game for 10 hours and you're arguing mechanics with players who have played 1000. They know nothing, they're wrong, they're idiots and their opinion will always weigh less than your own. Do not ever take their experience and expertise into consideration, don't even consider considering it.

4. You've never heard of the other guy. Or, if you have heard of them, you've only heard negative things, like that one time they died in PvP in an embarassing manner. "Who are you?" is a classic way to dismiss the opinions of your enemies. How can their opinion be valid if you have not heard of them?

5. Propaganda sells. It doesn't matter if you're lying or distorting the story. It doesn't matter if you make it all up: if you keep repeating it, they will believe it to be the truth. This part will require some work and dedication on your part, naturally, but there is no price too high to pay to win an argument on the internet.
hahahaha where's the lie.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas

Who are you, though? 😉

Reactions: FinalGirlSid

PatWins

May 28, 2020
That was poetry. Well done.

Don’t forget to ask about their experience in MO1
and invalidate all experience in MO2 due to having less than 10k hours in MO1. “Non factor” is the term you will need to successfully win an argument.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That was poetry. Well done.

Don’t forget to ask about their experience in MO1
and invalidate all experience in MO2 due to having less than 10k hours in MO1. “Non factor” is the term you will need to successfully win an argument.
Criticism is part of the game designer role

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021

this one for sure works. eventually the dummies believe the lie

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Great guide but please ad “referring to any group, even 1 person larger than yours, as a zerg.”
Examples:
You zerged us bro. We came with perfect numbers, and you had one more wich made it a zerg.
I can 1b5 you except when you bring that one extra guy to the team fight…zerg much?
Youre so bad you always zerg me when im solo ganking and your buddy helps you out. Your 2 man zerg is pathetic and bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Najwalaylah

FinalGirlSid

Sep 23, 2021
I played this game solo and made more gold in 3 years than the top 5 guilds combined could in 10 years. I didn't even fight other solo players, I waited till there was a guild war and fought both guilds gloriously on the battle fields spilling blood across the land. They call me the one woman zerg. Matter of fact I'm the reason that word even exist.

If I've read the phrase "please don't gank me FGS (FinalGirlSid) " once then I've read it 25,000 times. Everything I'm saying is fact. Not little facts but BIG FACTS. There is more than just the Scream movies as to why my first name is Final. When I'm the last one standing in a 3000 player battle you KIDS know I am that FINAL girl.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
This perfectly sums up the larger MO community and why the game turned toxic. Well done to do this with merely one post.