How to get past the barrier to entry...

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
My conversations with people about MO2 usually like this:

Me: So, mo2, full loot pvp...
Other: "Oh that sounds cool.."
Me: "Yea, they're asking for a box price AND a subscription in EA..."
Other: "Oh, okay....".
Me: "The server is also located in europe...".
Other: "Pass".

How will MO2 over come this barrier to entry, and have the devs over played their hand by taking an already niche game and making it even more needlessly niche.

Reactions: Monco

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow

How will MO2 over come this barrier to entry, and have the devs over played their hand by taking an already niche game and making it even more needlessly niche.
My conversations with people about MO2 are usually like this:

Me: So mo2, pvp with full loot ...
Other: "Oh, that's cool ..."
Me: “Yes, they ask for a box price of $ 40 AND a subscription at EA. ... "
Other: "Go for a $ 40 indy project and a subscription? Pass ....".
Me: "The server is also in Europe ...".
Other: "Excellent, but the game is valuable as AAA projects, we are not ready."

How MO2 overcomes this barrier to entry and forces developers to play their hand by taking an already niche game and making it even more redundant.

:ROFLMAO:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
With Mo1 it was more like:
Me: "Hey look open sandbox full loot pvp and unique crafting"
Other: "The graphics looks worse than the alpha shit from 2 people companies that cashgrap on steam"
Me: "but mechanics"
Other: "if it looks like shit, it is shit."

Mo2:
Me: "Hey look open sandbox full loot pvp and unique crafting"
Other: "Man looks awesome, sure why not"
Me: "an nice machnaics"
Other: "wow amazing"
Me: "and one server for the world that is in europe"
Other: "Awesome man"

Sometimes under my Videos its more like:
I can't buy this beta on Steam, why?
or stuff like, It crashed in 10 min 3 times.

But we will get over this some day i think.

Mortal is better than ever. ANd i hope it will be very successfull.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Mo needs emotionally resilient players.

They don’t sound like the type anyway

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Make the game free to play and move the server to murika.

Also remove full loot and local banks, add instant travel and force players to buy skins with micro transactions by having the default character be an obese huegar woman.

Problem solved.

Also:
Are you looking to make the same thread every month? Cause then I could plan my semi-witty answers in advance.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Make the game free to play and move the server to murika.

Also remove full loot and local banks, add instant travel and force players to buy skins with micro transactions by having the default character be an obese huegar woman.

Problem solved.

Also:
Are you looking to make the same thread every month? Cause then I could plan my semi-witty answers in advance.
Seem good ! I'll add green arrows on npc heads and it will perfect ! lol

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
to be fair, charging both for the monthly sub and for the initial purchase seems a lot like double-dipping considering how payment models are now vs 10 years ago. Its an outdated model and many will be turned off by this approach.

i'd much rather see just the monthly sub and perhaps microtransactions to pick up the slack. Not sure what all would be valid for microtransactions... perhaps just reroll tokens as im not sure how well cosmetics would fit the game world. plex equivalents would be interesting but would definitely have an effect on the game economy... sorta torn on that one but i think overall it would be a positive.

-barcode

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yeah, please add micro transaktion. And maybe make skillbooks buyable via RL cash. And please limit certain weapons exclusive to some additional premium package.
:sick:

• Haha
Reactions: Speznat

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Yeah, please add micro transaktion. And maybe make skillbooks buyable via RL cash. And please limit certain weapons exclusive to some additional premium package.
:sick:
It is enough to make a subscription and a store with skins that do not give players anything to statistics points, but give the opportunity to wear armor of different appearance. in fact, there must be an inflow of money to support the project and its development. but how to do this with the current scheme? no way. Limited player flow and minimum monthly profit, this would be the case with today's payment scheme. If you make the game free but with a premium that will figuratively give X2 pumping (which will be essentially normal) and with a skin store, I think the project will only win.

do you want to play for free? play but your leveling will be -x10. do you want to swing fast? buy premium.

Last edited:

TARG3T

Nov 26, 2020
Micro transactions for a game like this would only help it succeed if it limited to skins, maybe in-game events for your guild (Risar raid on your keep) that isn't able to over flow into the rest of the world with limited to no loot (to not make it an instant free boost). If the game ever felt pay to win it would start declining.

Maybe Cut the cost of the game in half, bump if up a bit later when 90% of the content is there and working like a few other early access titles. Still let's SV get more than sub fee for entry into game, and attracts a larger audience for being Indie price. Would be nice if the sub fee was reduced until the game had more content as well. Assuming it's $15 USD, maybe $10 USD until you pull the early access tag and call the rest future content.

Niche is a common word around here, gotta find a way to make the commit seem less daunting to those outside so they peak behind the curtain and then actually come in.​

Reactions: Svaar

Battlex

Sep 16, 2020
i'd much rather see just the monthly sub and perhaps microtransactions to pick up the slack. Not sure what all would be valid for microtransactions... perhaps just reroll tokens as im not sure how well cosmetics would fit the game world. plex equivalents would be interesting but would definitely have an effect on the game economy... sorta torn on that one but i think overall it would be a positive.
I'm so hyped to have a game again without microtransactions. If i see someone in a chronite armor it is because he deserves it AND i know what armor stats i will fight against. Everyone running around with costumes is just no fun at all.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
I'm so hyped to have a game again without microtransactions. If i see someone in a chronite armor it is because he deserves it AND i know what armor stats i will fight against. Everyone running around with costumes is just no fun at all.
what makes someone deserve cronite? it would be more exciting to see someone who doesnt deserve it since you know they're just a bit loot pinata at that point

but no, cosmetics shouldnt cover up what armor looks like, thats a core element of gameplay. Perhaps it would give different capes or various khurite lictor wing styles, or loin cloths, but shouldnt cover up armor pieces.

-barcode

Reactions: Speznat