how much should the monthly subscription be?

how much should the monthly subscription be?

• $15

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • $9

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • $5

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Just curious what your thoughts are regarding the monthly sub. I have no problem with a sub, but am not sure if $15 is a good price for this, at its current state. What say you all?
I accept 10€ for the actual state of the game

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If they can provide the full service for 75% of subscribers with queues less than 2h then I'm fine with 15$.
2 hour queue is longer than some people have to play per day lmao. 2 hour queue is literal garbage. It only sounds good compared to the current. This games login screen is harder to run than any other game on my computer, according to the sound my computer makes, so you cant even play other games while waiting.

I know you said less than 2h but that can mean 1:55. Which is still way too long lol. It needs to be less than 30 mins to really be decent and worth having a sub at all.

Reactions: Mazarope

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
2 hour queue is longer than some people have to play per day lmao. 2 hour queue is literal garbage. It only sounds good compared to the current. This games login screen is harder to run than any other game on my computer, according to the sound my computer makes, so you cant even play other games while waiting.

I know you said less than 2h but that can mean 1:55. Which is still way too long lol. It needs to be less than 30 mins to really be decent and worth having a sub at all.

you have courage ; i want maximum a 5 minute queue xd let just imagine you just wanna log in quickly to read a book or whatever , even 10 minute is too loong xd

Reactions: Jatix

Mazarope

Dec 21, 2021
Subscription is necessary, sure it is.

But pls make sub in Steam Platform and allow it to be adjustable to the currencies of different countries, like the big MMOs (WOW, ESO, BDO, New World, all are doing that way). This brings tons of great players outside US e Europe and make the game more diverse. Us$15 is really fine in rich countries, but its 10%-month salary in others.

Keep with the good work, SV.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
you have courage ; i want maximum a 5 minute queue xd let just imagine you just wanna log in quickly to read a book or whatever , even 10 minute is too loong xd
Yes 5 mins or less is the real ideal, but this is MO2 so I have to set the bar a little lower, make it easier to hit haha.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'd rather they have tiered subs. One being just for playing, a higher one giving access to a forum title and in-game title, maybe a fancy sub locked sub-forum. Heck lets have Henrik do like a bi-weekly or monthly stream where there is a Q&A section of a specific subject in preparation for the stream and people of the higher sub tier have asked questions.

Should also be said that there should be normal Q&As as usual, too.

Heck doesn't even have to be a Henrik stream, give us a ROBMA stream at maybe a weekly/bi-weekly and he can get answers to the questions directly from Henrik but otherwise not occupying his time. Gives Robma a more down on the ground with the community sorts of wedge in.

Feb 4, 2022
San Diego, CA
I think most of us can agree that they need to focus on making the game playable for the vast majority of the player base before even considering a subscription. After we can get to a stable place in terms of the queue and servers, then I think we can have a more balanced discussion regarding how much the subscription should be.

I have heard some suggest that Haven should be a free-to-play trial area of the game to allow players to be able to try the game out before committing to purchasing/subscribing. I think that is an interesting idea.

Reactions: TheOnlyRook

shill

Mar 24, 2021
It should correlate to how long the average login queue is.

seriously, whonis gonna pay a monthly sub to wait 6 hours every log in?
There should be no queue beyond 5 minutes with sub model - that sounds quite rediculous to have sub price dependant on lenght of queue.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
$25 to help them boost the server for this awesome game.

Its gonna be good.

Just wait for it.
lol ... Ashes of Creation - Elven Ring - Star Citizen - Lost Ark to name but a few ...! There is no market for this game and the adding of new continents will make it a very lonely world for the few niche players that might enjoy it.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
lol ... Ashes of Creation - Elven Ring - Star Citizen - Lost Ark to name but a few ...! There is no market for this game and the adding of new continents will make it a very lonely world for the few niche players that might enjoy it.
Ashes of Creation is a diff sub genre.. themepark wow clone.

Elden Ring will be platinumed in 5 days

Lost Ark is a p2w model ARPG that will die when POE2 launches

King Christof

Jan 27, 2022
15 dollars is a fair monthly fee as long as everything is working properly. That is enough to support all those who are working on the project and create an environment that is free of pay to win barriers or cosmetics.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
15 is fair, just make the game good. FIRST, we need to get people IN the game, THEN we need to make the game good. Need to take a long, hard look at a lot of the things that are going to be problems in the game even once people can log in, things we identified in beta. If they make progress on fixing these things once they start the free month, then I will probably resub. If they do not, I will not.

The game has problems beyond what happened at launch. I was hoping they could figure them out and begin fixing them in a month, a show of good faith, etc... we shall seeeee. But as for sub, 15 isn't too much to ask. Just know that you ain't getting it if your game is trash ;) It's setting a high bar, and they should reach that bar, they shouldn't lower the bar (sub) and present us with trashy content.

Edit: @ other games, I am mostly a one game person. I have diff genres I play, but I'm not one of those dudes who just gobbles up new games anymore. It all seems like samey garbage. MO2 is the game I'd *like* to play, if it works out the way I hope it does. I definitely lose faith often, but no other game is going to take my attention away from it if it's working. I find it hard to believe any game will be able to keep my attention for more than a few months at a time (like I played MO1,) but still, that's really good! I enjoy setting goals and reaching them, then I get bored. MMO is just more fun. To me, reg rpgs haven't evolved enough to where they are worth more than 30-40 hours of playtime, barring some really niche hex based strategy rpgs, and they don't make 'em much anymore. I got many fantasy lands to bounce around in, as for gaming, I would prefer it be a singular one. For truly competitive gaming, sure, I'm on the look out. But MMOs can only really 'simulate' competition, due to their nature.

Last edited: