How janky is the controlls now?

Pherion

Jun 1, 2020
Ive played MO1 way back. At that time I was yung and was in the mindset of "gitgood" and learn to live with the jankyness.
After a break I was struck with how laggy the input and menus were and the animations didnt fit. The overall feeling of moving that character is known to be bad in the game and the only way to deal with it is to get used to it.

I was really disapointed when testing MO2 alpha that the jankyness was the same from MO1. Fighting AI feels terrible. Not only because you have low skills and move slow but even a full skilled character feels pretty bad in comparison to other first person games.

Has there been any progress in this area since Alpha? I know fluid gameplay is not really the core of the game, but fighting and moving around kinda is.

Erwinicus

Mar 22, 2021
I tried alpha and hated it, now I'm OK with it. It did get improvements, but I'd like a more traditional system like mount & blade.

Definitely worth checking out the game though.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
They actually made it more janky. Because if no one can move or put inputs in then its more accessible.

Erwinicus

Mar 22, 2021
Make windup faster, release slower, make receiving an attack cancel your windup, make feint button mouse 2, add a kick that breaks block but leaves you static and open to attack, then we'd be getting somewhere imo.

Reactions: Acebane