How come 1-handed weps are useless?

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
It seems lighter 1-handed weps are heavier then massive two-handed barbarian swords.

How come 90% of players use two-handed swords?

It seems the entire combat revolves around two-handed swords.

Two-handed swords do to much blunt damage and take almost no stamina to swing.

Even two-handed maces, axes, pole weapons seem like an after-thought compared to 2h swords.

If you reduced blunt damage on 2h swords and made them take a bit more stamina you might start to see every other weapon catagory utilized.

[Disclaimer: Spears are the only viable 1-handed wep]

Last edited:

Rogu3Fiv3

Sep 13, 2020
Seems crazy. If I pickup a 1-handed sword or saber, designed for 1-handed use If used properly takes a lot less effort then a two-handed claymore to swing/block.

I know... But I try to think a 2h sword usually isnt that much bigger than a 1h sword, in the sense of longswords and katanas and whatnot. So maybe using two hands to hold the weight means less weight per each hand? And thats the reasoning? I rapier should be quick as hell, and not take alot of stamina to use, is all im saying

.RFIve_Sig_2_1.png

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

Rudakov

May 31, 2020
It seems lighter 1-handed weps are heavier then massive two-handed barbarian swords.

How come 90% of players use two-handed swords?

It seems the entire combat revolves around two-handed swords.

Two-handed swords do to much blunt damage and take almost no stamina to swing.

Even two-handed maces, axes, pole weapons seem like an after-thought compared to 2h swords.

If you reduced blunt damage on 2h swords and made them take a bit more stamina you might start to see every other weapon catagory utilized.

[Disclaimer: Spears are the only viable 1-handed wep]

Agree all weapon useless, need to do something with it .

Blood Thorn

Jan 1, 2021
Hopefully SV is pulling data to see how many combat sessions utilize 2 handed vs any other type of weapon. Player feedback is always valuable, but the raw data will paint a clearer, unvarnished picture on usage and SV could then make adjustments as necessary.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
A lot of the swing mechanics are weight vs armor. One-handers being less weight are going to hit at least half as heavy and get diminishing returns for slashing and blunt because of heavy armor values. IMO, its all about knowing what to pull out when.
If I think someone is weak to piercing and will turn and fight me, I'm going to pull out a rapier, not a spear.