Horse Armor

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
You think I should lose my 1000+ steel / backing material and my level 125 in less than 5 seconds before I can even play. Delusional.

I think if 6 guys who have specialized their set-up to shoot people like you, and land shots; should be rewarded for those shots.

Your problem Shmerrick is you jump to conclusions and assume the full breath of what people are actually trying to say. Instead of ignoring the next bit where I said I don't think horse armor couldn't be better (implying that it could totally be, as per your account with no proof; yet I still believe it). I even followed it up with the fact you mentioned you came into render and it was happening - leaving you unable to respond.

Which, yeah, render issues are a problem.

Stop being a dick dude. You're one of the few people on the forums who just randomly snaps at people for no reason other then to be abrasive.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Gbunny

Dec 18, 2021
You think I should lose my 1000+ steel / backing material and my level 125 in less than 5 seconds before I can even play. Delusional.
If i run into 6 mounted mages should I lose my 1800+ steel/backing material set with my max con Footie in less then 5 seconds before i can even play. Delusional.

Reactions: Rhias and Moored

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
If i run into 6 mounted mages should I lose my 1800+ steel/backing material set with my max con Footie in less then 5 seconds before i can even play. Delusional.

That's basically how it read.

Hate to say it. Shit happens. You're going to run into more people then you have, and you're gonna' get clapped by people who have prepared for your playstyle.

Also, I should clarify. I wasn't agreeing with the sentiment that your horse should die in a few shots, but if you have six guys shooting at your horse and it doesn't die? They either have shit aim, shit bows, or are just shooting around you for fun.

You're not gonna' beat every situation you encounter.

No, I don't think arrows should be hitting 50+ with steel horse armor.

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021
DC short bow does 8~10 on a fighter in steel armor. That same bow does 30~40 damage on a horse in steel armor.

This is the problem.

Lvl 125 horses have 280-300 hp. That's 7-10 arrows from a shortbow and even less from an asym.

Meanwhile a 200 hp fighter in steel takes 20-25 arrows.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
This is the problem.

Lvl 125 horses have 280-300 hp. That's 7-10 arrows from a shortbow and even less from an asym.

Meanwhile a 200 hp fighter in steel takes 20-25 arrows.
A fighter can't run at 800 unless he's dead.

• Love
Reactions: Rhias

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
lets say you make steel armor better by an additional 10% damage reduction. thats quite the increase. if it takes 6 players to kill the prebuff horse it now takes 7. congratz. You aren't outplaying anything with better armor.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
lets say you make steel armor better by an additional 10% damage reduction. thats quite the increase. if it takes 6 players to kill the prebuff horse it now takes 7. congratz. You aren't outplaying anything with better armor.
It doesn't take 6 to kill a horse. The main issue with horses is that they can flee. You can solve that and allow them better armor.

They need to trade some fleeing power for some staying power.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
It doesn't take 6 to kill a horse. The main issue with horses is that they can flee. You can solve that and allow them better armor.

They need to trade some fleeing power for some staying power.
it was an example not an exact situation. I used the number that they felt was unfair to fight against and my point was no s*** sherlock you're gonna die if you get caught 1v6. I honestly dont know what they can do to balance mounted combat, because one minute its broken af, the next people cry because the horse dies too easily. Do there need to be more tools to catch mounted players without killing their horse? Do we need to add a trample mechanic to horses that deals damage when you run over people?

I don't know the answer, whatever you do though you will have people complaining.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
The strength of mounteds is to zerk, catch stragglers, or intercept. It happens to me frequently that I run into groups of 6+ mounteds and I die before I can even reach any decent mounted-unfriendly terrain.

If you really want heavy horse armor to make your horse pretty hard to kill, then the horse speed with heavy horse armor should be reduced significantly. I don't have an issue with a heavy armored horse that take 25+ arrows to die when they move only at ~450 speed (still faster than a foot fighter). But right now heavy horse armor is only insignificantly slower than light or medium horse armor. I think everyone agrees that every type of horse armor, except heavy horse armor, is currently hardly used in PVP.

Reactions: Woody

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I don't have an issue with a heavy armored horse that take 25+ arrows to die when they move only at ~450 speed (still faster than a foot fighter).

*laughing on lean veela*
Great idea actually.

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
I think horse armor should be a bigger investment with a bigger return. Steel horse armor isn't actually that much steel, and as such, doesn't offer amazing protection. If it cost 2.5k steel to make horse armor, it should be a lot better defenses.

D

Deleted member 44

Stop derailing my post.

This post is about steel horse armor substantially under performing when compared to player worn steel armor. Buff the resource cost for all I care, but my steel horse armor should not be equivalent to Molarium Mercenary Plate armor.

I liked what someone said about buffing horse health pool rather than the armor values to better defend against magic. I agree and disagree. While I don't like how mages can still melt anything in armor, I would like them to at least buff the horse armor values to Merc Plate while also increasing the total HP pool.

I don't care about the foot vs mount argument, that is not what this post is about, and quite frankly with how the current system works a single foot fighter will always beat a mounted player unless they are an actual mouth breather. Even when a foot fighter is wearing reptile carapace I am only hitting them for 10, this is not a winnable fight for me. I have more investment that a foot fighter yet I am not on par in combat.

I'm not 1v6ing anyone. The data I provided was from a group fight where I was getting hit at max render range with long bows that were hitting my horse, while I was moving might I add. I am effectively out of the fight after taking two arrows as that will be 100 HP lost of the horse out of a total of 280 HP. This is obviously on a max level desert horse, meaning that if a sub level 100 the horse would almost be dead. At 180 HP I cannot engage any PLAYER without great risk of losing my horse.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Stop derailing my post.

This post is about steel horse armor substantially under performing when compared to player worn steel armor. Buff the resource cost for all I care, but my steel horse armor should not be equivalent to Molarium Mercenary Plate armor.

I liked what someone said about buffing horse health pool rather than the armor values to better defend against magic. I agree and disagree. While I don't like how mages can still melt anything in armor, I would like them to at least buff the horse armor values to Merc Plate while also increasing the total HP pool.

I don't care about the foot vs mount argument, that is not what this post is about, and quite frankly with how the current system works a single foot fighter will always beat a mounted player unless they are an actual mouth breather. Even when a foot fighter is wearing reptile carapace I am only hitting them for 10, this is not a winnable fight for me. I have more investment that a foot fighter yet I am not on par in combat.

I'm not 1v6ing anyone. The data I provided was from a group fight where I was getting hit at max render range with long bows that were hitting my horse, while I was moving might I add. I am effectively out of the fight after taking two arrows as that will be 100 HP lost of the horse out of a total of 280 HP. This is obviously on a max level desert horse, meaning that if a sub level 100 the horse would almost be dead. At 180 HP I cannot engage any PLAYER without great risk of losing my horse.
I really don't understand how you can sit there and complain about MA being bad when you are 1v1ing a foot fighter or foot archer. You get to start the fight out with more than double the health pool (Assuming they focus your horse first like you say) of your enemy and be twice as fast, and in the footfighter's case you have the range advantage. Once they kill your horse you don't suddenly stop dealing damage, in fact you deal the same amount of damage as any foot archer at that point. If you swap out to a longbow its even better.

In the current meta you kill the horse first. Unless they make it many times tankier than a player that will not change and I do not expect them to because that would be a stupid decision.

Instead of complaining about horse armor you would do better to just learn how to use your horses as a resource rather than expect them to always be under your ass.

Reactions: Rhias

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Welcome to MO2 my friend. I never thought I could feel bad for mounted players. But MO2 seems to be trying to prove me wrong in every department.

They made the world too big so you have to have a mount. Then mounts are op. So they make mounts die easily. Now you're just screwed because mounts are still required, but they die too easily so you get to walk back to town or to the next mount spawn which is just a massive waste of time.

This game screwed up at the core of the game, so theres no good way to fix it. Mounted is OP by nature, because it can chase any foot easily and run from any foot easily. Making its only true counter more mounted players. So the only way for it to not be OP, is to be bad. But when its bad it just feels like shit and a waste of time.

The only way MO2's weird gameplay loop works is if theres a way to spawn mounts out of combat so that everyone can ride everywhere and when your shit mount dies instantly you can get a new one after the fight so you dont have to waste an hour walking. And then they can keep moutns bad so that mounted is too OP. Or they need to add more ways to travel. Because right now it just doesnt work. Its rely on mounts but if you get a fight your mount is dead, in a world made for mounts as the only viable way to get anywhere.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I don't believe this OP, it a struggle to hit for 60-70 against naked people using bows to begin with. Your telling me your steel plate armored horse is getting hit with arrows for 50? Nah I don't believe this. I use mostly molarium horse armor on my horses, it mitigates about 50% dmg. IMO horse armor works an is balanced, any stronger an mounted builds horses will be unkillable without magic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 44

I don't believe this OP, it a struggle to hit for 60-70 against naked people using bows to begin with. Your telling me your steel plate armored horse is getting hit with arrows for 50? Nah I don't believe this. I use mostly molarium horse armor on my horses, it mitigates about 50% dmg. IMO horse armor works an is balanced, any stronger an mounted builds horses will be unkillable without magic.
I don't care what you "believe". Struggle? You don't know how to make good bows. Not my problem.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Foot archery counters MA. Perhaps instead, foot archery should require more points rather than simply being free to every single footie in the game.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Foot archery counters MA. Perhaps instead, foot archery should require more points rather than simply being free to every single footie in the game.
i normally get controlled riding, aiming technique and archery on my foot archer. Only a moron would choose to not pick up controlled riding in this meta. The only difference between me and a mounted archer is 100 points. we will probably invest even more once marksmanship and controlled aiming are in/fixed.