Horse Armor

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
I havnt tested horse armor yet :( But 50 damage sounds a lot for steel plate armor.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Video of armor stats and bow stats? I have never seen anything like that before. Horse armor from what I have seen def doesn't need a buff.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I could definitely see 50s through the best horse armor if the person has a good longbow and full zoology lores.

Or you could be making crap up and they were actually hitting you with weak spot shots to your horses head as MAs.

D

Deleted member 44

I could definitely see 50s through the best horse armor if the person has a good longbow and full zoology lores.

Or you could be making crap up and they were actually hitting you with weak spot shots to your horses head as MAs.
For one weak spots on horses don't work. So full 5 head with that one. I'm assuming it was a long bow given the damage. Ask BEAR, they are all running Oghmir, so I would assume that they are all using 122 str long bows. Furthermore, the steel horse armor is taking 30+ damage from a short bow, so yeah.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
39 pierce armor vs a dcrep shortbow was doing 50+ on heads and high 40s on bodies.

"but ma sux lol, just use outbursts"

• Haha
Reactions: AssassinOTL

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
For one weak spots on horses don't work. So full 5 head with that one. I'm assuming it was a long bow given the damage. Ask BEAR, they are all running Oghmir, so I would assume that they are all using 122 str long bows. Furthermore, the steel horse armor is taking 30+ damage from a short bow, so yeah.
slapping down a ton of assumptions there without any real evidence. Do you even know that its a short bow and not an asym?

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
You guys need to buff horse armor. I'm getting hit for 50 through steel horse armor with a single arrow.
I like where Damage to horses is at right now. It's not like you can't just run away at any time anyway. Mobility AND staying power is just silly, imo.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Yes. The mounts we currently have are way too squishy.
But I would rather have more raw HP on them than more defense. Because otherwise it will empower MM the most of all other mounted styles.
Also, I would like to see horse bandaging while mounted and while turning/moving. A flat 20hp per bandage (with max Veterinary) plus a maximum bonus of 30hp based on dexterity. Weapon sheathed and 2-3 seconds animation.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I hate horses but its pretty dumb that steel is so lack luster on horse. They need to increase the cost of armor for horses and then increase its defense against pierce. Also add other mechanics that help players counter horses. Games about to release and no earthquake dismounts yet.

Mounted need more staying power but a way to prevent them from fleeing if the mess up too hard.

Schmerrik is a very good MA and knows what he is talking about with the mounted stuff. I havent seen a difference really between WS damage and the normal damage on horse, so I will also say that you cant WS horses. Ive shot plenty of horses. Asyms against steel horse armor does 35-45, long bow 45-55.

The system needs a rework.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Wait, what? A steel horse armor already takes 1.1k steel. And you want to increase it?
A set for one player cost 1.8k steel. Horse should take more steel to make them armor if you want to buff their protections. We were promised by Henrik that horse armor would be 3 times the cost of player armor to balance it out a bit. 3.3k steel isnt even a lot and mounted with higher protection would not die often.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
A set for one player cost 1.8k steel. Horse should take more steel to make them armor if you want to buff their protections. We were promised by Henrik that horse armor would be 3 times the cost of player armor to balance it out a bit. 3.3k steel isnt even a lot and mounted with higher protection would not die often.
3.3k steel is about as much as I consumed in the whole beta l for weapons. Converted into money it is about as much worth as 1.5 small house blueprints. And that much just for a single horse armor. Ridiculous. Please make it more gear-based. That's exactly what the game needs.
Then only the large zerks will wear expensive horse armor, since every small scale or solo player will say that it's not worth that much money when you die anyways to a larger zerk.

D

Deleted member 44

Sigh. I don't really know how else to say this. DC short bow does 8~10 on a fighter in steel armor. That same bow does 30~40 damage on a horse in steel armor. The long bow damage to a horse in steel armor is 50~55 damage. That's 6 body hit arrows on a massive target and it's dead. That's 6 people shooting one arrow and hitting or 3 people shooting 2 arrows and your horse is dead. This is insane. I was entering render range against a foot group and my horse was already at 30% before I could even do any damage. I don't care if they buff the resource cost like TZone suggested, but as it currently stands horse armor is really under performing.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
As a ex Foot Archer main, 112 longbow does 12-18 damage on a steel fighter and oghmir decreases that even more. On solarium its 22-28 minus 3 damage if they are ogmir with the clade gift. You can shoot horses with the same longbow on steel for about 50 damage.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
3.3k steel is about as much as I consumed in the whole beta l for weapons. Converted into money it is about as much worth as 1.5 small house blueprints. And that much just for a single horse armor. Ridiculous. Please make it more gear-based. That's exactly what the game needs.
Then only the large zerks will wear expensive horse armor, since every small scale or solo player will say that it's not worth that much money when you die anyways to a larger zerk.
I can make like a stack, A real stack which is 10k steel in like 2 days casually. Mats in this game are so easy and quick to get.

Reactions: [CTX] Contractor

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I mean if 6 dudes are shooting you and landing shots I think they should feel rewarded for their efforts.

Not saying the horse armor couldn't be better but this also sounds like a render range issue, which has been a problem since the first game.

Reactions: Gbunny
D

Deleted member 44

I mean if 6 dudes are shooting you and landing shots I think they should feel rewarded for their efforts.

Not saying the horse armor couldn't be better but this also sounds like a render range issue, which has been a problem since the first game.
You think I should lose my 1000+ steel / backing material and my level 125 in less than 5 seconds before I can even play. Delusional.