Horse Archer Meta

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I don't see how 300pts polearms or inability to main daggers would make anyone want to be an archer. If you make daggers secondary, people will start coming to you with a request of "i want to be an assassin" and you'll have to send them to a generic mellee build with a generic dagger sidearm.

Ah. Yeah. That has to do with as I said earlier, I think the entire skill system needs an overhaul. Other roles are broken, not just MAs. For instance, mounted melee (particularly heavy melee) really lacks anything to make it worth playing as a primary role. But buffing in to be useful in its current state means letting it basically one-shot people. Instead, I'd like to see it get the ability to do small to moderate AoE damage by trampling opponents with trample damage scaling off horse and horse-armor weight, making it an effective disruptor solo or dangerous in groups if the enemy lets an entire squad of heavy cav run over the top of them. The two primaries I'd add here are a stam burning charge that lowers turn ability based on armor weight, and horse armor training. This also sets up light melee cav as a strong counter to other light-cav builds as they get the fast charge without a majorly reduced turn radius.

At that point having the dude who can turn around, brace a pike and totally stop that is worth the 300 point investment. But without that 300 point investment, every foot melee in the game will run it making MC just as useless as they are now.

Daggers really shouldn't be a primary melee weapon you use to parry 2h mauls. Assassin builds will become viable if things like poison use, dual wielding, and backstab get implemented properly in MO2. And that's where the primaries should go to make an assassin viable. It should be a role about getting in behind a target, building poison stacks on your target, and getting out. Not prolonged 1v1s with dudes wielding 2 handed hammers. Such roles are also made more viable/useful when mages don't get free shields, so the assassin that just got into the enemy backline can spam attacks from the daggers they are dual-wielding and have A LOT of them go through.

People have argued to me before "this isn't a counter-based game" and sure it might not be to the same degree as an RTS. But all well-balanced PvP games with multiple roles tend to incorporate counters. Because counters are the best way to stop a small number of dominant roles and a bunch of useless ones (as we have in MO2 now). It's fine if an assassin is no match for a 2-handed fighter but is the best thing at taking out a backline mage. So long as it's fit into a system where there is a reason to play (and not play) every role.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Maybe on horse hits.

It wouldn't matter, it still breaks the game. Example I want to go hunt bandits well as a foot fighter I need to be in a group of 3 fully geared players to clear it effectively, as a MA I just craft some cheap wooden bow tame a horse an mow down bandits like I'm some God solo. This extends to even hunting want to kill a wisent you need to be a MA, springbox you need to be a MA. So not only is it OP in PVP your locking your self out of PVE content if your not a MA or M mage.

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Example I want to go hunt bandits well as a foot fighter I need to be in a group of 3 fully geared players to clear it effectively
No you don't. I can never stop laughing when i see an MA clearing bandits/risars. Whoever told newbies it's a good idea must be a master troll.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
No you don't. I can never stop laughing when i see an MA clearing bandits/risars. Whoever told newbies it's a good idea must be a master troll.
Go solo a camp than as a foot fighter. Tell me how that works out for you, than go delete them solo as a MA with just a cheap shitty bow.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Go solo a camp than as a foot fighter. Tell me how that works out for you, than go delete them solo as a MA with just a cheap shitty bow.
Did it all the time before i realized risars exist. Yeah it can be hard for an alvarin when you get aggroed by 3 bandits, but for thursars/oghmirs it's an easy ride. And yeah your bow probably costs x100 less than all the arrows you waste.

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
Lmao bro I solo bandit camps and risars camps on a foot fighter in vendor gear you clown.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
I mean it's cool if you can't do it bro just say so. But it's extremely easy.
Nice clown post clown you make me laugh.

Fact is everyone knows MA OP, only one claiming it not OP is MA mains like Shmerick. Even Henrik admitted it OP in his last stream, only people you clowns are fooling are yourselves.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Only the noobs who can't farm a bandit camp on foot think so.
Lol than by your logic over 99% of the game's playerbase are than noobs lol you edgelords an your edgelord posts. How many times have people pointed out how OP MA is in the game now on these forums?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Lol than by your logic over 99% of the game's playerbase is noobs lol. How many times have people pointed out how OP MA is in the game now on these forums?
Many many noobs pointed that out yes. I did once. When i was a noob.

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
Nice clown post clown you make me laugh.

Fact is everyone knows MA OP, only one claiming it not OP is MA mains like Shmerick. Even Henrik admitted it OP in his last stream, only people you clowns are fooling are yourselves.
MA is only good against other mounteds. An equal foot group destroys MAs

Reactions: Finnley and Tzone

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
It's pretty obvious you're new to this game so I'm going to stop arguing with someone who has no idea what they are talking about

Let the adults talk. Good day.

bro I solo trolls with my foot mage build bro only 50 silver bro get good