@henrik, your game has gone soft.

Javelin

Nov 13, 2020
This new murder count system is not hardcore. In Mortal 1, murderers had to commit to being murderers, it meant a harder life, you lost stats when you died, you couldn't enter towns, you had to rely on cave camp and gaul kor for banking.

This new system is for babies, wannabe murderers who never have to risk anything as long as they are willing to run parcels for standing. Which btw is the most boring mechanic I've ever seen.

This game imo is no longer hardcore.

I say this as a murderer myself, as a perma red, trash this system and bring back the harder consequences. All your new system does is encourage zerging. We all know this game can't support large scale battles, it will never be performant enough to do that. Hell you won't even let us render other players until they are on top of you as it is, let alone have hundreds of players battling at the same time in the same area. The fun of this game is small scale pvp, it should of been designed around that as that's what it can support from a performance perspective.

Disappointed in the softening of this game and the lack of foresight in design. UO was more hardcore than this.

Godly

Dec 27, 2020
Yeah because having to stat back up for 30 mins on top of running parcels for 10 hours will surely bring back small scale pvp...
If you're getting statloss from being red it means you've decoupled from towns anyway so there would be no parcel running.
Personally I want a compromise, bring back perma red and statloss but get rid of "stolen items" mechanics from murdered players and pets so we don't have to helplessly stand there with 500kg of shit for 2 minutes to keep our spoils.
Deep down I think we really just want to refer to blue players as smurfs again.

Reactions: Bladeer01

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
If you're getting statloss from being red it means you've decoupled from towns anyway so there would be no parcel running.
Personally I want a compromise, bring back perma red and statloss but get rid of "stolen items" mechanics from murdered players and pets so we don't have to helplessly stand there with 500kg of shit for 2 minutes to keep our spoils.
Deep down I think we really just want to refer to blue players as smurfs again.
You can be red and positive rep with access to towns.

But anyways, stat loss is another time wasting mechanic just like parcel running. Its already pretty aids fighting anywhere near a guardzone where all the small scale pvp is since anyone can spawn unparryable infinite stam guards out of thin air that chase you all the way to kran if they have to.

Godly

Dec 27, 2020
You can be red and positive rep with access to towns.
Point is, that's incredibly stupid and isn't how it should be. Being red was always about having an often permanent visual declaration of your ability to crawl through the mud and sacrifice all convenience to be labled hardcore. Other players could target you and immediately know that you never enter guard towns or use blue priests, and suffer greatly when you die.

Saying "you can be red and enter town" means the status of being red has been debased and doesn't mean what it used to, hence "gone soft".
It would be more accurate to just call it an extended gray.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im not down with pointless time wasting mechanics in a game where you already waste so much time just getting to and from places.

You are not fixing the issue my punishing pvpers. We will still pvp but it will just be less pleasent or players will give up abd quit.

If there was gameplay content with a loop that made the cost of PvP more fun like forcing you to go to the lawless area to farm risars. Then all of this wouldbt be bad.

SVs just feels like they want to hurt a pvper at all cost instead of allowing fun for pvper mechanics into the game that get people to stop killing every noob.

also funny how hardcore only has to be applied to pvpers and never to the blues. The toxic attitude of adding more and more punishment for participating in the game main source of content is just toxic. People are not coming here to be fair and conpromise, soneone hurt them in game and they want henrik to hurt them back out if revenge. This is a unhealthy and ungelpfull mindset.

Last edited:
Reactions: serge

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
If there was gameplay content with a loop that made the cost of PvP more fun like forcing you to go to the lawless area to farm risars. Then all of this wouldbt be bad.
This would be nice

also funny how hardcore only has to be applied to pvpers and never to the blues.
You clearly do not have the experience of a travelling trader who cant pvp. Its hardcore.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
This new murder count system is not hardcore. In Mortal 1, murderers had to commit to being murderers, it meant a harder life, you lost stats when you died, you couldn't enter towns, you had to rely on cave camp and gaul kor for banking.

This new system is for babies, wannabe murderers who never have to risk anything as long as they are willing to run parcels for standing. Which btw is the most boring mechanic I've ever seen.

This game imo is no longer hardcore.

I say this as a murderer myself, as a perma red, trash this system and bring back the harder consequences. All your new system does is encourage zerging. We all know this game can't support large scale battles, it will never be performant enough to do that. Hell you won't even let us render other players until they are on top of you as it is, let alone have hundreds of players battling at the same time in the same area. The fun of this game is small scale pvp, it should of been designed around that as that's what it can support from a performance perspective.

Disappointed in the softening of this game and the lack of foresight in design. UO was more hardcore than this.
agree on all of it !