Havent played in a few days and I'm hit with a ban.

mullen1200

Jan 25, 2022
do I even get to know the reason why? I only ask this since i'm not a hacker.

I have been telling people it's most likely because I changed from main server, to an alt server to farm the bandit leader.

4/5 replies I get are people saying "haha, you are lying".
----------------------------------

I was wondering if I was ever going to be writing one of these posts (the, I'm banned but I swear I didnt cheat kind).

But yeah since the game was rather expensive I would like to know. For anyone that cares, this is on a 17 year old steam account with 376 games and no bans obviously.

Char name is "Smokey"

damtired

Dec 26, 2021
I would hope the gms give a healthy look at game logs before they swing the ban hammer.
Communicating reasons is pretty important. Surprising theyre not communicating with people theyre banning though. No reason/communication given?

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

mullen1200

Jan 25, 2022
I'm assuming I was found guilty of what I stated and that was enough to piss someone off. No communication anywhere I've seen. I searched my email. Honestly I will be ridiculously upset if I end up with a steam game ban on my profile. 17 years and thousands of dollars of purchases :/
I'd be calling steam support if that happens, not that I hope to get anywhere.

Last edited:

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
I have been telling people it's most likely because I changed from main server, to an alt server to farm the bandit leader.
I dont see why that would be worthy of a ban? If SV didnt want us to hop they could easily have put a cooldown there as well. let's hope they communicate with you shortly.

edit: not including the reason in a ban message is super weird SV.

mullen1200

Jan 25, 2022
I dont see why that would be worthy of a ban? If SV didnt want us to hop they could easily have put a cooldown there as well. let's hope they communicate with you shortly.
I would just restart the game and log in on an alt, which isn't what they wanted people to do, so that's my only guess. I figure they might eventually reply why or unban me after realizing I'm innocent (a few people told me I MUST be a speedhacker). But from their message on discord it doesnt look likely.
-------------------------
If you wish to appeal a permanent ban, you need to fill out this form (Link removed for bot) or send a PM to the Lead Moderator on the forums. Please explain why you feel your account should not have been banned and include your discord ID. If you do not have anything to defend yourself with, you will not be unbanned; we do not unban people simply because they asked. If your appeal to a permanent ban goes through, you will be placed on an indefinite probationary period. Any further breaches of the rules regardless of severity will result in a permanent ban with no chance for an appeal.
-------------------------

Who knows maybe this thread will be gone tommorow since I didnt follow the steps above. lol

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
So wait, you repeatedly exploited a bug to circumvent being unable to log out in dungeons, which you admit to doing. Then you get surprised when you end up banned?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So wait, you repeatedly exploited a bug to circumvent being unable to log out in dungeons, which you admit to doing. Then you get surprised when you end up banned?

gotta agree w/ this , saw same post on steam. Seems pretty cutndry.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Stop trying to find ways to cheese and exploit the game and you wont get banned. Pretty simple. Frankly im happy when i come across these threads which show the devs are actually banning all these kids that dont give a crap, and spend all their time finding ways to cheat.

good on SV for finally taking a stand. Hopefully the community starts taking notice and stops trying to exploit every possible thing they can for fear of bans.