Haven: How should it work? [Poll]

How should Haven work?

• Total voters

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Well I don’t know how the mechanics of the town guards work ... but if they protect players from being killed, wouldn’t the racial towns be be just as good as a haven anyway? Sorry haven’t been in long enough to even find a town and see how guards work tbh
No you can still be killed and looted in guarded towns, albeit it will be hard to get away alive. In Haven pvp is off by default, you cant damage or loot other players.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Protection is not perfect but gathering granum and simple woods is REALLY easy. There is a considerable amount in town and huge amounts right outside nearly every town. If you say, go to Faberuum instead you'll find all the Granum you could want, trace amounts of Saburra, and good quantities of Calx. Going and hitting the calx when it's up while you mine the granum is going to be extremely profitable as calx is what you need to turn pig iron into grainsteel for higher tier metals. Some of that does take you outside town a bit but there is some granum in town and more than you would every easily deplete one stam of runbar just outside town.

Honestly, if someone wants to go through the monotony of filling the bank with pig iron in a safe area let them. It shouldn't disrupt the economy much as the resources found there are going to be super cheap anyway.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
should be a small and rather linear tutorial, introducing players to the combat system (get to check out melee with different weapons and magic), taming, ressource gathering and basic crafting. There should be no incentive to stay there after youve grasped the basics.
It should also tell you as soon as you spawn in, that this is the tutorial of the game and that you need to move to the main game to progress beyond the very basics.
Im not opposed to a time limit, but it could feel bad to some new players.
I also think you should not be able to farm a bank full of basic ressources there and get them transfered to your bank in the main game.

But it will probably just be a copy of MO1 Haven.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Voted for no artificial time limit. To me the game is supposed to be open to allow players to play as they choose. Any discussion that involves forcing players to play a certain way goes against this in my opinion.

When haven came out in MO it was the new content for the game. So naturally it became the hotspot. I see that much less likely to happen when there is a whole new game to experience beyond the tutorial.

If most of the population did stay in Haven though, then that would not be saying much for the actual games appeal to players.

Reactions: Goltarion