Group Fighting with Spears Pretty OP

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
People been memeing really hard about sword OP when they are really not good group fighting weapons.

Please stop the memes. If swords are good at 1v1s then let them be good at something.

Reactions: Ibarruri and Everon

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Spear is very good when people are running away from you and not focused on parrying the single attack direction yes. There's a lot of variables that ideally are considered in a team fight that could make other weapons viable as well (Axes and Mauls) especially now that movespeeds are no longer equalized. Hopefully we see some more emergent gameplay and less 2H Sword Online.

But that being said, 2H sword is still very very good when played right and not horizontally swung wildly.

Reactions: Bernfred

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
2H spear is only OP when the owner abuses the broken stab/right swing animation with a slashing spear. when they fix this everything will be fine.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
2H spear is only OP when the owner abuses the broken stab/right swing animation with a slashing spear. when they fix this everything will be fine.
2H spear right swing is obnoxious yes. While we are at it, the Left and Up swings should be made less completely useless, especially with 1H spear. Who would ever swing a spear like that and why

Reactions: Teknique

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020
Spears(and shield) and 2h swords are both S tier for teamfights imo. Using any other weapon is borderline trolling (with a few exceptions)

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Spears(and shield) and 2h swords are both S tier for teamfights imo. Using any other weapon is borderline trolling (with a few exceptions)
Whatever happened to NorthernGambit? He was pretty good with that axe, I'd like to watch some post-patch gameplay.

Reactions: Rhias

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Spear is very good when people are running away from you and not focused on parrying the single attack direction yes. There's a lot of variables that ideally are considered in a team fight that could make other weapons viable as well (Axes and Mauls) especially now that movespeeds are no longer equalized. Hopefully we see some more emergent gameplay and less 2H Sword Online.

But that being said, 2H sword is still very very good when played right and not horizontally swung wildly.
I'm really not feeling swords in teamfights, the precision required for a miss vs a handle vs a arm vs a clean hit is such narrow margins that you can waste really good opportunities to do damage.

I like to think i'm at least slightly capable of aiming and I can't aim 2h swords on a consistent enough basis to make them worth using imo

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
This is one vs one, and the range isn't half bad even just for hit trading. I think its fine if swords are a clear favorite as dueling weapons.

You think spears are bad in group fights? Honestly played them for less than 5 hours and think they're worlds better than swords.

I'd like to try some other shit.

Edit: oh you didn’t mean shit tier but like rank s?

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
when you master the sword its better imo but the meta will be 1H spear/shield because its more consistent. swinging with a 1H spear is anyway not a good idea due to the low dmg and long handle but sure the animations can be imroved to favour slashing spear use presumed they dont have so much piercing damage like in MO1.