Get rid of the Dex new player Trap.

Auto put points into Dex to stop unaware people from being slow.

• Yes

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • results

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
forcing them to auto put points in dex...
That is not in effect what is being proposed, and not what would be going on.

If anything, the exact opposite would be going on:
"I need", says the newbie, "more attribute points; where do I get them?"

"You'll have to take them out of your dexterity; you started with it maxed out for you."
"Oh... so I'll be slower?"

"Yes. A little, or a lot, depending on how much you take out."​

By the time this kind of conversation and issue can arise, the newbie will have enjoyed a period of time with an UN-frustrating amount of easier mobility-- unless of course there's something about the mechanics of the Mortal Online 2 Attribute Point Distribution process that has excaped me.

Last edited:

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Footspeed has a great enough contribution to movement speed to be suitable in solving this perceived issue. We don't need to force attribute allocations.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Footspeed has a great enough contribution to movement speed to be suitable in solving this perceived issue. We don't need to force attribute allocations.
Where does it says FORCED and foot speed does not do enough if you have 25 dex. Every video where a person showed how slow the game was they had 100 in footspeed with in 2 mins of walking. It clearly is not solving the problem.

Its not perceived when every outsiders video about mortal talks about how slow the game is.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Deleted member 44

Every new player rerolls at least a couple of times. Putzin said that every stress test player he recruited had to reroll because they made builds like skinny thursar mage. Maybe just give them a generic build template.
Yeah it was really funny to see these gamers make sekeletal veelas from what I assume to be some desire to make a super hot elf or some other cringe shit. SV can make some improvements like removing the movement skills, but at the end of the day it's the gamers fault for not putting any effort into learning how the game works. There seems to be a trend in the industry that games completely hold players hands in EVERYTHING that they do. That just isn't how mortal was designed, nor the audience that Mortal is targeting. I'm all for a larger audience but there needs to be an understanding from the gamer that this isn't like other games.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Yeah it was really funny to see these gamers make sekeletal veelas from what I assume to be some desire to make a super hot elf or some other cringe shit. SV can make some improvements like removing the movement skills, but at the end of the day it's the gamers fault for not putting any effort into learning how the game works. There seems to be a trend in the industry that games completely hold players hands in EVERYTHING that they do. That just isn't how mortal was designed, nor the audience that Mortal is targeting. I'm all for a larger audience but there needs to be an understanding from the gamer that this isn't like other games.

Character creation templates

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Just give a hint in character creation that starting with dex is recommended.
Cya in nave ✌🏻

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
forcing new players into dex seems a bit heavy handed... tho warning them before they complete character creation about their dex being too low (if it is below whatever threshhold) and giving a popup explaining their movement speed may be slow and a chance to change it wouldnt be terrible.

-barcode

Tzone

May 16, 2021
forcing new players into dex seems a bit heavy handed... tho warning them before they complete character creation about their dex being too low (if it is below whatever threshhold) and giving a popup explaining their movement speed may be slow and a chance to change it wouldnt be terrible.

-barcode
Again where does it ever say forced? Nothing is forced, it is just being put there automatically they can always removed it. Saying they are forced to put points in dex has nothing to do with what I have suggested.

Some of these players I really dont want in the game, plenty of needy players that wont listen when you try to help but will constantly complain about things even after you told them why or how to fix it.

The game is better off not having some of these players who either wont or cant understand the game.

The But here is that this is mainly for people making videos or streaming so every other veiwer doesnt get the wrong idea about the game. These people making this content arent the brightest and really hate reading.
And that even if you would attempt to try hard the game, when you start there is no resource besides other people that tell you if a build is good or not. You have no idea how the game works and there is only experince and people that can tell you how to make a build. So most people reroll after joining their first guild.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Before anyone can criticise there statements, out of fear or for fun
Some of these players I really dont want in the game, plenty of needy players that wont listen when you try to help but will constantly complain about things even after you told them why or how to fix it.

The game is better off not having some of these players who either wont or cant understand the game.
the gamers that Tzone is talking about and that some of us don't want are exactly those who won't stay anyway.

Their Mortal Online 2 day trips (and their subs, if they get that far) will end as soon as
....they realise they can't redesign the game into a PvP theme park with nudity
... or a simple combat simulator...
... or they get frustrated with 'complex' systems they didn't 'read the manual' for, 'cause they don't read...
... or they get bored because that's what they do after 60 days, and have not only no ability but no desire to make 'content'...
sooner rather than later. Seen it all before, didn't we?

If they fancy themselves to be influencers or cater to their social media audience's taste for rage or fake-confusion reactions and reviews-as-comedy, you may not recognise the MO2 game that YOU play in what they have to say about it.

If Steam will still allow reviews to be rated upward if they are 'funny', they're part of a problem, but let's not digress.​
If you've read this far, you're probably not one of those people Tzone is talking about.​

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Before anyone can criticise there statements, out of fear or for fun

the gamers that Tzone is talking about and that some of us don't want are exactly those who won't stay anyway.

Their Mortal Online 2 day trips (and their subs, if they get that far) will end as soon as
....they realise they can't redesign the game into a PvP theme park with nudity
... or a simple combat simulator...
... or they get frustrated with 'complex' systems they didn't 'read the manual' for, 'cause they don't read...
... or they get bored because that's what they do after 60 days, and have not only no ability but no desire to make 'content'...
sooner rather than later. Seen it all before, didn't we?

If they fancy themselves to be influencers or cater to their social media audience's taste for rage or fake-confusion reactions and reviews-as-comedy, you may not recognise the MO2 game that YOU play in what they have to say about it.

If Steam will still allow reviews to be rated upward if they are 'funny', they're part of a problem, but let's not digress.​
If you've read this far, you're probably not one of those people Tzone is talking about.​
Plenty of people who have stayed with this game rerolled several times before they started to actually play. The start of this game is basicly messing up your character over and over untill you learn what is a good build. I pretty much rerolled 5 times in my first 2 weeks. You probably learn your leason the 3rd time you reroll. Rerolling, unless a player hand feeds you the build you want. Even then you will probably change your mind and reroll to a different build.

Piet

May 28, 2020
So many youtubers will make a video about how slow you run in the game. New players not knowing how the game works will do something like not use their points at all or put it all into STR or Int.

Then they are a wheelchair for a while even with x100 str. It will be way worse with normal rates and give people a misconception about the game.

IT IS A COMPLETE NEWB TRAP.

My solution is just to put as many points into their dex as allowed. One major issue with new players is not that they dont read. Its just that they refuse to listen. You pretty much just need to put point into Dex for them and then explain to them that they can remove points to put elsewhere. But they would be far slower with out those points in dex.
I think they don't need to force dex as much as they need to start with max skills in run speed and such.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think they don't need to force dex as much as they need to start with max skills in run speed and such.
OK I have no idea why people keep saying forced dex. Its optional. They can remove the points in dex. Even then they max run speed in less then 20 seconds so that is a non factor to this situation.

Piet

May 28, 2020
OK I have no idea why people keep saying forced dex. Its optional. They can remove the points in dex. Even then they max run speed in less then 20 seconds so that is a non factor to this situation.
I said it because I thought you meant instead of choosing where your starter points go. Are you instead meaning additional starter points? Either way with low dex you still run an acceptable speed with the skills although if you mean additional points in dex I am down for that. Start feels clunky because movement is slow.