Games Vision

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Ight so One server, Once everyone is on one server it will be fine and great! If it dosnt turn into a lagfest.

But that is also when we start paying for the game! I for one will not be paying for this game if there is no Update or announcement from SV talking about how they are expanding their team, with more devs and web coders or something, IDK the technical terms. But All Im saying is I do not believe in this game being what they want it to be with the current team. I will not pay a sub for 8years just to get shit that should of been out on launch. They hired community manager, for nothing more then damage control. If you dont see that you are blind. With no update on bringing in more devs. Its got me worried about the future of this game.

This is pretty much a call for SV to give updates on there team status! I am also on a mod watch list so hopefully they can tell SV directly about my concerns lol.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
The next few updates will certainly be important. I hope they focus on adding more content for the first few months. Common mistake most games make is they release then try to add some big new epic system that takes like 6 months to complete. What game really needs now is a steady stream of bi-weekly content

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
The next few updates will certainly be important. I hope they focus on adding more content for the first few months. Common mistake most games make is they release then try to add some big new epic system that takes like 6 months to complete. What game really needs now is a steady stream of bi-weekly content
The need more people on their team to get us everything we were promised. Like I said Im not going to pay just to have this shit in 8 years.

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
hire ppl depends on cash flow, I really don't know if they have enough cash

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
I totally agree with the OP, but the only thing I would differ with is that i would support the game with sub in hope they add more devs to work and make game better, but is a total gamble of my part

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'll play out my free sub, and maybe sub more. The only thing they can do now is open up pvp. It's something they can easily do. Single server is gonna be trash w/ current pvp system. There prol aren't gonna be 8k subs or new devs. A lot of heavy content is probably far away or in the 'if ever' range. They need to focus on what they can do now.

They need to find a way to make more things happen in game. Siege would be cool, but I still think just regular pvp would be nice. Sure you can get pvp, but there aren't that many roaming forces that people need to group up to fight. Like I said 1000x, the red blue dynamic is missing. They seem intent on SUPPRESSION which is not good for a sandbox. Give the players reason to take ACTION. Make priest spawn timers longer but let people spawn where-ever. Make it like leeg, except instead of it being later game, make it the more you die in a certain time period, the longer your spawns are. No camping, no griefing, the ability to actually put people away for awhile (and then their alts after lol,) again SIMPLE... ACTION... BASED... SYSTEMS. You do THIS and THIS happens. Anything beyond that ends up being exploitable or just ineffective. You wanna PvP ok, now you're open PvP. If non pvpers or rival pvp factions can't stop tripping over their tails and actually do something, then 'you win.' You are dominating the map. That's how TC should actually work instead of all of these structures that just make it ugly. If a force gets so strong that nobody can stop them then we can live like peasants or guerillas until we finally get the chance to strike back, then push them out. Those sort of dynamics are what make sandboxes interesting.

They don't need devs. They do need some content. They need some ability to make the game LESS LAGGY on main. The issue is really just that PvPers should be open PvP. They should be local grey type, so not KoS by guards, but just open PvP. If they are tolerated in the place they live, then they can live there and help PvP vs intolerable guilds. If they aren't, they will get zerged as soon as they approach. Guards handle in city pvp. They shouldn't gate who can come in. You shouldn't have to go grey for attacking a red so that more people will do it. Thus, more content. That's your faction system right there, and it doesn't even require excessive programming.

SIMPLE SHIT. Ok. Yawl can believe me or not, but I'm pretty sure my insight is ON POINT.

Peace...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Less devs means they fuck up the game slower. More devs means they increase the amount of bad things in weekly patches.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Less devs means they fuck up the game slower. More devs means they increase the amount of bad things in weekly patches.
More devs = more minds working, more eyes to catch the bugs before the push the patch. More content at a normal pace, not years!
They don't need devs. They do need some content.
Same as i said above, But also I just started PVPing for real yesterday. It took me maybe 1hr to get a MC of 5 Then I was just fucked. I never realized how bad it was for the pvpers until yesterday. That shit about spawning at only red priest is a joke. I agree with the longer spawn timers per death. But only if it is for murders. Because they would still spawn anywhere but have to wait like 10 min. Which is better then running for 30min, and trying to doge all the mobs/players Just to get some gear. I dont think anyone should ever be locked out of towns. They should not be allowed in player built towns if that said guild wont allow them/murders in general.

But yeah If they really do "Have a lot of content almost done and are just finishing it up" I will be more then happy to keep playing if they can actually do it with their current team. If nothing comes out then cya chumps.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
More devs = more minds working, more eyes to catch the bugs before the push the patch. More content at a normal pace, not years!
Content is ok but the purposeful changes to the game are the concern not the lack of content. PvP is the content and the more you are punished for it the less reason to play.

The faster they can do things the faster they can make the game worse. Bugs are not my concern its the purposeful changes to the game and game design they keep pushing despite it not working.

when their latest patch doenst stop people dying at dungeons then they will push out another anti PvP change to double down. Each patch makes the game less fun, have less PvP content, and more of a waste of time.

Like when they got rid of the ini make the game way worse, and unplayable for lots of people. For me I cant look at the screen for to long so I cut back so much time that I would be playing right now because its hurts to play the game.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Probably not.

Maybe, just maybe, more QA workers.
Then they would not have the title of dev.... What are you talking about!!!!!!
That doesn't even make sense!

EDIT:
Oh you mean quality assurance. But with no devs there will be no content to need quality assurance for.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
wtf
I'm actually a bit offended 😭
I'm sorry. Please don't be offended. I've seen (through Speznat's video) you in action. You explain once. Then you explain twice. Then, when everyone who's capable of listening or willing to listen has heard you, you seem to (wisely) stop and go on. That's what I've described (in another context) as part of your skill at "herding cats". I truly admire it.

EDIT:
Oh you mean quality assurance. But with no devs there will be no content to need quality assurance for.
20p4Scrubs simply didn't understand the term QA the first time (leading him to call 'nonsense'), then understood but didn't agree (which is categorically different, and fine with me).

I do happen to think that simply adding more devs at Star Vault wouldn't help. Unless they started over with development of some troubled parts, how could it?​
  • Even if they started over with more devs, they'd need more QA along the way: because Devs don't catch all the bugs & flaws in systems — not as I understand it, and not as we see.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
At one time they said they had like 30 people. I could believe it at the pace during testing.

Not sure if it holds up now though.

It is really hard to say what some of the non programmer types are doing though.

Maybe they are getting some things stockpiled while the programmers and such are busy.

It is possible that things could start flowing again once they get over this hump.

We will have to wait on the roadmap to see what their plans are though.

And then see how well it flows from there.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I just dont understand how anyone could say that more devs wouldn't help speed up the process.

That would increase out put for sure. I think QA's would also help in this case as well, but It makes more sense to me that more devs would obviously do considerably more.

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
I'm sorry. Please don't be offended. I've seen (through Speznat's video) you in action. You explain once. Then you explain twice. Then, when everyone who's capable of listening or willing to listen has heard you, you seem to (wisely) stop and go on. That's what I've described (in another context) as part of your skill at "herding cats". I truly admire it.

Ok, thanks for clarifying, that makes more sense then :D
(wasn't really offended anyways, just pulling your leg ;) )

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
I just dont understand how anyone could say that more devs wouldn't help speed up the process.

That would increase out put for sure. I think QA's would also help in this case as well, but It makes more sense to me that more devs would obviously do considerably more.
I think more devs would help a little, bt is not the solution. New devs need time to be integrated in the streamline and can even cause more issues than solve if this is done not well etc.

QA on the other hand, I 100% agree will help. That seems to be the biggest issue atm. Not missing features, but existing features not working, getting patched in broken and then never fixed etc.
Since we got housing in November/December chests and furniture have not been working and are STILL broken. Getting a new dev to work on a new feature that again will only be half made, without decent QA checks and then gets patched in in that completely broken/useless state will cause more work than it will actually help.