Games Vision

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think more devs would help a little, bt is not the solution. New devs need time to be integrated in the streamline and can even cause more issues than solve if this is done not well etc.

QA on the other hand, I 100% agree will help. That seems to be the biggest issue atm. Not missing features, but existing features not working, getting patched in broken and then never fixed etc.
Since we got housing in November/December chests and furniture have not been working and are STILL broken. Getting a new dev to work on a new feature that again will only be half made, without decent QA checks and then gets patched in in that completely broken/useless state will cause more work than it will actually help.
Last I heard from henrik is that they didnt have a QA team. IDK if you can trust Henrik but idk why he would say something bad about SV like that and it not be true-ish.

Its pretty much, push out patches as long as they dont crash and let the players QA it for you.

Most of the devs that could unbreak the housing stuff are too busy unbreaking the servers in general at the moment I think.

-

For content wise, PvP was all the content thats worth while right now and they keep trying to find ways to remove it or make it more of a time sink to do.
They keep trying to add more mobs and stuff which doesnt matter if you add stein trolls or belbus if you are not allowed to PvP over the resource they drop.

Like the PvE content all the same thin but with a different paint job. Easy and boring. Now if the PvE was challanging and skill based then adding more bosses or mobs that did different things would be great. But add a belbus is not content, already have a mob that acts and fights the same brain dead way. People just want resources from mobs to PvP with, and as those players are going to get these resources other players will contest them for it. So more mobs spots usually means more PvP which could be cool. But they keep adding anti PvP mechanics especially at the supposed to be PvP hot spots and lawless area effectivly making the game has less content.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I just dont understand how anyone could say that more devs wouldn't help speed up the process.

That would increase out put for sure. I think QA's would also help in this case as well, but It makes more sense to me that more devs would obviously do considerably more.
More money and more devs ALWAYS correlates to more results. Which is why star citizen and chronicles of Elyria are light years ahead of this game.

Its also why new world didn’t have any bugs.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
More money and more devs ALWAYS correlates to more results. Which is why star citizen and chronicles of Elyria are light years ahead of this game.

Its also why new world didn’t have any bugs.
yep you need the right devs that can be plug into your process. A new dev means one of the older devs need to get the new one up to speed. Even if they are top notch with years of experience on UE4 Its still just not one dev increases the whole of deving.

You might have one new dev who does something slower at first slowing down your pipeline as the other devs waits on the noobie to finish. Also you might get 5 new devs to build a entire new content pipeline but missing that one dev in the middle who is good at rigging the mobs or somthing making everything in that pipeling a lot slower. But at least its not holding up the other pipelines.

But I dont think SV is really looking for coders. To what Ive seen and heard from henrik they are mostly after artist and feel like their coders are good enought.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Henrik did say they are picky with whom they hire, im guessing cuz they need people that wont outshine sebastian skills and willing to understand the overall development shitshow.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tzone

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
hire ppl depends on cash flow, I really don't know if they have enough cash
It's the investment policy SV has tho, they do have funding but they don't invest on the game to be a good product and respond to the general problematics and feedback.

For example having very limited and clunky ingame support happens due to the lack of database tools and filtering of information.
People duping shit cuz theres no mechanics to redflag, same with hackers.

We could talk about their priorities but coders are not the only problem in their development speed. A massive issue Is the overall development criteria, for example adding small pieces of content isolated from eachother weeks or months apart to generate a continuum of functioning mechanics.

For example, increasing the punishment of PVP without having group support for houses or wilderness equerrys. Pushing people to build personal houses instead of group efforts, which ends up making more players to multi account and multi housing.

This concept failures fucks the playerbase willingness to support the game. Because a proper way to add shit Is to actually think about the resulting scenario before adding or changing things. This happens because they lack the ability to analyse ahead.

I see bug fixes in patches and a Lot of shit are just fillers, "fixed" bugs that shouldn't be priority like at all and generally they don't end up getting fixed either, interdimensional voip fix was in like 2 patches ago yet its still there and prob wont get fixed cuz SV thinks they gonna end up merging servers really soon, so we cant even mute retarded kids that put music in voip until SV reaches a 5k player server capacity...

I can understand they may get a Lot of bug reports and shit but cant be spending time on low tier bugs instead of adding quality of life mechanics and finishing the content Is already ingame.

Another example, someone asked henrik when was combining skill comming for potions and he answered "its already ingame", he was told it ain't and he replied that it should be since theres already purify pots in the game code. I mean we can understand henrik ain't aware of everything thats ingame but if theres no protocol for planning, designing and checking what should or shouldn't be ingame the development ends up looking like some un-professional bullshit.

So it would be naive just to ask more "devs" in abstract when clearly SV Is failing from the development concept. At this point its More about "hire another CEO and lead dev"

Reactions: Tzone

Kaden

Feb 3, 2022
They should definitely speed up the work, because people may come back, but not in a year .... It is necessary to have a lot of people, because lately I feel that the game is very poor ... PvP system unresolved and especially PvM, which is lousy ..... very few different NPCs and their abilities .... it's a pity that some company does not see the potential that would help financially

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah most of SVs issue is not the speed of their work, or quality. Outside of the server capacity issue MO2 is suffering for horrible game design choices and spitballing ideas that dont work.

And dead fucking god the half implementation of game systems just makes the game so annoying to even play for some patches. Like they added the worse part of the system first and then you wait like months for them to add the second half of the system to fix it.

Still cant turn in risar heads as Henrik was saying would happen. Must have changed his mind or something about that idea.
And again, Henrik doesnt even know whats in game a lot of the time but is making all these executive decisions that ruin the game.

If Henrik just stopped doing things and changing things, while they just worked on bug and technical issues people would not complain nearly as much as they do. Henrik is just pissing way all the hard work the other devs do to get this game running.

Sebaston is the only reason this game is still going. With out Henrik the game would be in a much better state. I cant think of a single person that knows how to play the game that would say Henrik is a competent game designer or makes the game better in some way.