Forced wardecs

Tzone

May 16, 2021
1648833747293.png

I hate Henrik. What a utter disappointment and waste of programmer time to have forced wardecs that dont allow in town fighting. Might as well not even have them their is no point when kids run to guard zone. All it will do is be more annoying guard zone fights.

Devs are just clueless and have no idea what they are doing while the population is collapsing. The main content people needed and that we were lead to believe was only months away after release isnt even dated on the 2 month long road map 2 months after release.

After backstabbing the players who kept your game on life support during the early alpha/beta and allowed you to make this game possible you slap us in the face again. The disrespect and hate you have towards the people that made your dream game possible in the first place is just evil.

All we want is a fair way to fight the people who abuse guardzones with heavy limits and cost.

With the idea you guys are going for with this war dec is just more guardzone fighting right outside of town with the chance of dying to a guard but with out rep loss or MCs. Just shooting your selves in the foot if you dont want fighting in towns.

You should just stop working on wardecs if you dont have fighting in towns. There is not really a point, when the bandit players kill a player of a guild and that guild wardecs to get back at the bandit. What will happen is just the bandit will make less rep runs if the prey guild is stupid enough to war dec. Just shooting them selves in the foot. No for though was put into this war dec idea.

Reactions: Hodo and Maladore

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Ngl that shitty explanation on future mechanics gives me the creeps, looks like It's gonna be poop but only time can tell.

Agreed tho, its weird wardecs wont allow city fighting and remains to be seen how this wardec model Is not gonna cripple small guilds. That upkeep Is completly relative and remains to be proven how effective its gonna be for encouraging fighting.
This is obviously directed as a mechanic for supressing pvp penalties with a gold cost but how? We can only hope they get the right things into consideration and that it wont come up like another placeholder mechanic thats gonna be total shit.

Last edited:

Sertorius

Mar 22, 2022
I think the proposed solution is a good solution from a game mechanics and role-playing point of view. Unthinkable when there are no safe places left in the game at all.

yurilai

Feb 27, 2022
how about u wardec a guild , u can kill anywhere , u lost upkeep the guild u wardec gets 50 percent upkeep

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
Wtf is this post.

First of all the only people who fight around guarded towns are griefers and noobs

Secondly the towns would be an absolute shit show. Imagine a guild 30v30 in the bank while everyone else is trying to go about their business.

I hope SV continues to "hate, disrespect and punish you" like you deserve for this terrible suggestion

yurilai

Feb 27, 2022
Wtf is this post.

First of all the only people who fight around guarded towns are griefers and noobs

Secondly the towns would be an absolute shit show. Imagine a guild 30v30 in the bank while everyone else is trying to go about their business.

I hope SV continues to "hate, disrespect and punish you" like you deserve for this terrible suggestion
Stfu soy boy

D

Deleted member 44

Wtf is this post.

In town fighting was one of the best experiences in the first game.

Reactions: yurilai

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'ma put my thoughts BUDS.

Forced wardecs are good. I really do think until they figure out a way to keep wardecs from being just used as grief, they need to keep it out of town. There's no way I can think of to make it so it's fair gvg, and making 'kids hide in the guard zone' is hugely impacting their game play. I mean the people who say imagine people fighting in town were def not in MO1, cuz it was that... and it was kinda like, steps aside while people fight (cuz there was no crim tick,) but as cool as it was, as I've said the majority if the time it was one guild just scraping another. Small guilds made just to fight pve guilds or even larger guilds that weren't really pvp ready. I don't like that. I don't NECESSARILY like the gold upkeep, either. I think pvp needs a big overhaul, but I do think towns should be safe in most instances. There should maybe be like "scorched earth" war you can put on someone. I wouldn't be upset if they had a timed town thing where you could just go in and wreck people's shit... cuz like if you were planning to siege them or something, dropping that to really demoralize someone beforehand or bleed them out would be a 'good mechanic' imo, but I think it would have to be a short time so you could hold their main city while you dropped their TC.

Legendary weps is something I wanted. So memey, so wack, but also cool. Just even a chance to have one on craft like .001% chance or something, some flavor.

Bounties and assassinations, dunno how I feel, seems like it's not gonna work as intended. - shrug -

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
I hate Henrik. What a utter disappointment and waste of programmer time to have forced wardecs that dont allow in town fighting. Might as well not even have them their is no point when kids run to guard zone. All it will do is be more annoying guard zone fights.

Devs are just clueless and have no idea what they are doing while the population is collapsing. The main content people needed and that we were lead to believe was only months away after release isnt even dated on the 2 month long road map 2 months after release.

After backstabbing the players who kept your game on life support during the early alpha/beta and allowed you to make this game possible you slap us in the face again. The disrespect and hate you have towards the people that made your dream game possible in the first place is just evil.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Yeh, the no fighting in town thing is shit. Wardecs were a way to kill enemy regears during sieges. Every time we'd go to war, we'd have our wardec guild in the enemy town, while we had the main guild sieging. No one will pay to force wardec if it's restricted to the wilderness. Might as well just murder them and parcel run.

Like sure, some guilds only used wardecs to gank smaller noob guilds etc A way they could mitigate this, is add certain rule that preventS larger guilds from force wardecing smaller guilds. Example being, a guild of 50 could only force dec a guild that is at least 50% the size of theirs. This % rate would scale the bigger your guild. For example, if your guild is 150 strong, you could only force dec a guild that is at least 75%(112) the size of your guild. This would somewhat ensure that no matter your guild size, you would only be vulnerable to a forced war from a somewhat similar sized guild. Unless a smaller guild is willing to force dec a larger guild.

Reactions: ROTLUST

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeh, the no fighting in town thing is shit. Wardecs were a way to kill enemy regears during sieges. Every time we'd go to war, we'd have our wardec guild in the enemy town, while we had the main guild sieging. No one will pay to force wardec if it's restricted to the wilderness. Might as well just murder them and parcel run.

Like sure, some guilds only used wardecs to gank smaller noob guilds etc A way they could mitigate this, is add certain rule that preventS larger guilds from force wardecing smaller guilds. Example being, a guild of 50 could only force dec a guild that is at least 50% the size of theirs. This % rate would scale the bigger your guild. For example, if your guild is 150 strong, you could only force dec a guild that is at least 75%(112) the size of your guild. This would somewhat ensure that no matter your guild size, you would only be vulnerable to a forced war from a somewhat similar sized guild. Unless a smaller guild is willing to force dec a larger guild.

They could def start by making it so if you have a keep you are open to town wardecs. Then go on down from there w/ TC structures, if you wanna keep it with siege. Cuz I still dono how I feel about wardeccing a PvE or crafter guild no matter the size. What's the argument against taking away their only safe haven and making them log off?

Of all the griefs, that has to be the worst. and you can have a guild of 4 or 5 people wipe a guild of 20-30 people if you do it from a TC structure (so you are protected) and only go into the town at certain times, guerilla style, then dip. I see the point you are making, but they need to add in something more than just numbers. Maybe there should be a TC value threshold or if they add towers, area threshold, opposed to numbers.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Forced Wardecs are coming because Henrik thinks everyone is scared of normal wardecs. No one wanted to be ganked in town, if you did, people would have used the wardec system currently in the game. Its just data man

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Wardecs that allow people to hid in towns will just favor the zergs. All this wardec system does is allow zergs to form up in town, walk out of town to crush the enemy then walk back into town where there members will stay in off hours for safety.

Smaller guilds who cant get groups together to go out and farm are the ones hurt by this the most.

Just another pro zerg system.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
They could def start by making it so if you have a keep you are open to town wardecs. Then go on down from there w/ TC structures, if you wanna keep it with siege. Cuz I still dono how I feel about wardeccing a PvE or crafter guild no matter the size. What's the argument against taking away their only safe haven and making them log off?

Of all the griefs, that has to be the worst. and you can have a guild of 4 or 5 people wipe a guild of 20-30 people if you do it from a TC structure (so you are protected) and only go into the town at certain times, guerilla style, then dip. I see the point you are making, but they need to add in something more than just numbers. Maybe there should be a TC value threshold or if they add towers, area threshold, opposed to numbers.
Just because a guilds focus is PvE/Trade, doesn't mean they're immune to the political landscape of nave. As MO1 showed repeatedly(and will happen in MO2), PvE/Trader guilds were just as involved in the politricking as everyone else. They just hid behind the PvE banner to avoid backlash, while funneling boulders and siege equipment - Not that there weren't pure PvE only guilds that tried to avoid this stuff.

If a trader guild becomes a target, they can hire mercs/guards to protect them while they are a target. It's a sandbox game and should be treated as one.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Forced Wardecs are coming because Henrik thinks everyone is scared of normal wardecs. No one wanted to be ganked in town, if you did, people would have used the wardec system currently in the game. Its just data man
IDK the last time Henrik was right about something. Everything hes done has backfired and made the situations worse. Hes been running the game into the ground. Doesn't know what hes doing and just spit balling.

We want forced wardecs that allow in town fighting because fighting outside guardzone is cancer. All this does is make more fighting outside guardzone happen.

Please dont defend Henrik, hes not defendable.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
IDK the last time Henrik was right about something. Everything hes done has backfired and made the situations worse. Hes been running the game into the ground. Doesn't know what hes doing and just spit balling.

We want forced wardecs that allow in town fighting because fighting outside guardzone is cancer. All this does is make more fighting outside guardzone happen.

Please dont defend Henrik, hes not defendable.

Most people don't want to get killed while in the bank. Fighting in towns is bad. Just need more to get people outside of towns. Could maybe add a duel arena where you can bet on fights or something though

Reactions: Moored