Forced wardecs

ROTLUST

Oct 9, 2021
that moment when you realize the communication gap between the people that play and feel the game and development.
whats the point of wardeck when people can avoid it by drop guild or hiding in town.
greefers will love it now that they can still hide behind a flagging system and you cant take it away.
i think its a bad plan as well we need more creative ways to fix the problem.
i like Henrik he is not afraid to experiment to see what works for his community. and he is cute all sweed and sheet.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Fair, my existence seems to be a meme at this point

Nah it was just a funny sounding combination of words.

Just because a guilds focus is PvE/Trade, doesn't mean they're immune to the political landscape of nave. As MO1 showed repeatedly(and will happen in MO2), PvE/Trader guilds were just as involved in the politricking as everyone else. They just hid behind the PvE banner to avoid backlash, while funneling boulders and siege equipment - Not that there weren't pure PvE only guilds that tried to avoid this stuff.

If a trader guild becomes a target, they can hire mercs/guards to protect them while they are a target. It's a sandbox game and should be treated as one.

The problem with this is that it isn't in line with your previous post, re: sieging, and it's not in line with Tzone's line of thinking re:zerg. I think farming people in the wild is enough. You're talking about the one mechanic that truly allows people to be griefed out of the game, allowing it to be applied haphazardly is bad mojo. There have to be 'sandbox' mechanics to counter a trading guild you dislike, like not buying their stuff, undercutting them etc...

I'm with you on the siege and the zerg thing, but not so much with the harvesting town tears mechanic. Cuz, like I said, that also favors zergs. It's just a different kind of zerg... like x v 0. It's not feasible to have people protecting you, and how would they protect you without also deccing? What if the townsmembers want to protect you? That's where things start to get really off balance. If you could say that anyone who fights in a town becomes open pvp in the town, I might agree to the system, but with the guards being as they are, that's not really sandbox, either.

You see what I'm saying? The guards sitting there w/ a list like oh wait no those two guilds are not at war STOP THEM!

Reactions: Belegar

Sertorius

Mar 22, 2022
Seien Sie ehrlich, es ist einfach eine wirklich schlechte Idee, Menschen zu erlauben, selbst in erzwungenen Wardecs dauerhaft sicher zu sein. Es gibt ehrlich gesagt keinen wirklichen Sinn mehr in ihnen
[/ZITIEREN]
Just because a guilds focus is PvE/Trade, doesn't mean they're immune to the political landscape of nave. As MO1 showed repeatedly(and will happen in MO2), PvE/Trader guilds were just as involved in the politricking as everyone else. They just hid behind the PvE banner to avoid backlash, while funneling boulders and siege equipment - Not that there weren't pure PvE only guilds that tried to avoid this stuff.

If a trader guild becomes a target, they can hire mercs/guards to protect them while they are a target. It's a sandbox game and should be treated as one.

You might want to look into the success story of EvE-Online, whose population is only partially made up of people who want to shoot at anything and everyone, anywhere, without restrictions.
If it weren't for the relative safety of high-sec in this game, the game wouldn't have nearly as many players/accounts.

Currently 99% of NAVE's map is available for free PvP (with consequences). Isn't that enough for you?

Maybe they should just say what they really want and what motivates them.
They want a tight arena where they can easily knock down anything they don't like. Successfully blocking a town like Tindrem or searching for an enemy in the wilderness takes more than a small force like 3-4 men, and what's even worse, it takes patience and time. And they don't want to do all that.

Prefer to ride from town to town, smack people and ride on to keep them entertained.

I also wonder how Mortal Online's lore (which they may not be interested in) fits into their vision. There are cities like Tindrem, Fabernum, Meduli where an emperor rules with his troops, and this emperor has no problem with a horde of 3-4 men gone berserk turning his cities into a slaughterhouse?

I can understand your desire to completely destroy your enemy, but maybe completely destroying that enemy over 99% of the map is enough for you?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 44

Forced Wardecs are coming because Henrik thinks everyone is scared of normal wardecs. No one wanted to be ganked in town, if you did, people would have used the wardec system currently in the game. Its just data man
People are using the current system as an alliance system. No data because no one is using the system as intended.

Reactions: Tzone

ROTLUST

Oct 9, 2021
1.Currently 99% of NAVE's map is available for free PvP (with consequences). Isn't that enough for you?
no the only way to defeat your enemy in a game were you are e mortal is to run them out of resources hard to do that if you just hide them in in towns.
and would prevent smaller guilds from punching up.

2.Prefer to ride from town to town, smack people and ride on to keep them entertained.
if thay wanted that why would thay play mortal online? other games on the market not only let you attack the town but to destroy it as well.

3. I can understand your desire to completely destroy your enemy, but maybe completely destroying that enemy over 99% of the map is enough for you?
[/QUOTE]
no the npc towns just become staging grounds for them to attack your stuff. i know this kus i my self have done this. war decking smaller guilds can be deadly.

Sertorius

Mar 22, 2022
1.Currently 99% of NAVE's map is available for free PvP (with consequences). Isn't that enough for you?
no the only way to defeat your enemy in a game were you are e mortal is to run them out of resources hard to do that if you just hide them in in towns.
and would prevent smaller guilds from punching up.

2.Prefer to ride from town to town, smack people and ride on to keep them entertained.
if thay wanted that why would thay play mortal online? other games on the market not only let you attack the town but to destroy it as well.

3. I can understand your desire to completely destroy your enemy, but maybe completely destroying that enemy over 99% of the map is enough for you?
no the npc towns just become staging grounds for them to attack your stuff. i know this kus i my self have done this. war decking smaller guilds can be deadly.
[/QUOTE]

Your whole reasoning collapses at the moment when your opponent no longer organizes himself into guilds, i.e. plays without a guild, or when second characters are introduced, as many here are demanding.
Then they will no longer be able to destroy their opponent, since Wardecs do not affect him or the second char is in other guilds, maybe even in yours.

To believe that you can completely destroy an opponent is a delusion.

If you want to annihilate an opponent completely, then you need a completely unrestricted game and even then you may find it difficult to eliminate the rest of the population that is not in your guild and alliance.

But at least you can try it...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This wardec system will just allow zerg guilds to bully smaller guilds. If the goal is to stop players from being ran out of the game.

With in town PvP wardecs big guild could be hit when they were on more equal terms with numbers. When people cant choose the time of the fight it makes it more fair for the smaller team to fight back instead of just being ran down when they are outside of town.

Some people dont want in town PvP because it will ego check their zerg guilds. But this system is far worse for the game and they should just stop working on it if they are not going to give us forced wardecs in town. This type or war dec has no benefit to small guilds so just dont do it.

So just please stop wasting time on forced wardecs if you are not going to allow us to have them in towns. It is a waste of a programmer that could be working on getting TC out a week faster or giving us Risar head rep.

Reactions: ROTLUST and foe

foe

Oct 26, 2021
Forced wardecs with in town killing is fine as long as the target of the forced wardec is relatively capable of withstanding the wardec.
It's almost as if there could be a guild leveling system to balance guild capabilities :)

Reactions: ROTLUST

ROTLUST

Oct 9, 2021

Your whole reasoning collapses at the moment when your opponent no longer organizes himself into guilds, i.e. plays without a guild, or when second characters are introduced, as many here are demanding.
Then they will no longer be able to destroy their opponent, since Wardecs do not affect him or the second char is in other guilds, maybe even in yours.
[/QUOTE]
If you want to annihilate an opponent completely, then you need a completely unrestricted game and even then you may find it difficult to eliminate the rest of the population that is not in your guild and alliance.

[/QUOTE]

i do not think think we are really disagreeing here we are identifying the same problem. one of the reasons for this is people can just drop from guild to avoid the war deck and now can apparently hide in town. alt accounts and characters is not really a problem we just learn what your alts are such was the case with mo1 and spying is apart of the game. if one beats there opponent to the point they can no-longer pose a threat or organize as a guild i would call that completely destroyed in video game terms. i to like to compare mortal to eve online thay have similar problems and concepts. what eve online has done which mortal struggles to do is merge the pvp /pve and rp community in to the same guilds. eve has an alliance system.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

The pvp is watered down in MO2 due to various reasons. So, that is an issue. Separate issue, but as I have repeated: I am not a live for blood pvper. I understand by being a MO1 vet that they really gimped pvp, but I do think it's SLIGHTLY more accessible to average joe, which is good. Average Joe pvp is the important part, maybe cuz I am average joe, but I hate zergs. A lot of guilds speaking about zergs are groups of like 20 top players and talking about guilds over 100. To most guilds in the game, that force of 20, or even half of it would be an unstoppable zerg. There are some super zerg alliances and that's just because people are afraid. Most people don't even seem to leave the town alone!

In regards to town war decs, as I said, the reason it muddies so badly TO ME is because of the amount of cross deccing that must happen for actual 'defense,' if defense is your goal. For instance, if the guild that holds the keep that is controlling the city I live in is getting city camped, I'd probably help them and many other citizens, assuming they were down with the city, would, too. However, deccing a guild big enough to dec the keep holding guild is probably suicide. If they made town pvp rules that allowed more people to get involved on both sides, even a simple 'attack/defense' option or AT LEAST make people fighting local grey during a town war and maybe put some kind of a time limit (so it has to be used strategically not just overt grief,) a lot of fun could be had with in town fighting. I'd def get down for it. There's nothing wrong with it. It's just mad weird that everyone else has to sit on the sideline or dec, too. If there was a "join the town war" option, I would be down for it tbh.

I forgot who suggested having citizen tags for rep related things, well, stuff like that could carry over into town wars. If your town is at war, you should have the option to fight in it, and choose your side. Could get some great battles, if pvp is what people want. That's the part that bothers me, just watching dudes get scraped out while we all stand around like ahh damn bud, wish I could help! Not to say that it wouldn't be possible for a guild to wipe EVERYONE and some people might stay out of it cuz they don't wanna deal w/ the drama, but I think the option should be there. I think with that, I would accept town war. That would make it sandboxy enough. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement. That would also help a lot of people protect smaller guilds getting bullied or if a guild had no love in the town, nobody would help them.

It still sucks that people can be forced to basically log out and that's it, but I would feel a lot better if it was like that.