fishing

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
can you get rich with the skill fishing? Is it worth earning gold with it? Can you also fish extraordinary treasures?

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
Yes you can get rich, Fisher in beta was making easily 200-300g a day ( Not sure in Hours).

Its base on Skill level, Bait, Depth and luck ( probably tools matter too )

have fun.
what also interests me, can you fish besides fish also treasures, eg weapons or armor, rings, treasure maps?

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
Yes you can get rich, Fisher in beta was making easily 200-300g a day ( Not sure in Hours).

Its base on Skill level, Bait, Depth and luck ( probably tools matter too )

have fun.
this is was drastically nerft in beta and then again at launch

Fishing does not make money anymore atm sadly. you make more money doign almost anything else.

TWISTED TAPP

Jun 27, 2022
Ah reading this is such a shame. Fishing is an excellent feature in MO2 the mini game for it has to be one of the best. If you are not rewarded for it then it makes it pointless. I for one love fishing in mmos providing I feel like it's me fishing and its not automatically done for me. Considering how long it takes to reel fish in this I feel should be looked into. I'm not saying make it OP but it's a time consuming skill so being rewarded us key. I'm a new player and straight away enjoyed fishing in Haven and felt like I got hundreds of fish. Now I'm in the main game I'm getting below 30 fish when successful. Bare in mind I have invested 70+ points into it. Please SV when you have time can this skill be looked into to be rewarded for thr time invested.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
in beta you could fish crap and vendor it ez, being rich ...
now you actually have to know what you are doing ... and target useful stuff that have demand.
it's a real craft now, not a feature for bot anymore ... hence the few mad people you will encounter on the forum.

TWISTED TAPP

Jun 27, 2022
I do enjoy it wheres best to find out the information for fishing? Everywhere I look gives a very basic version of it. I would like to know what baits are best for what species times of day etc. If there even is a guide for it all yet that is?

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me

D

Deleted member 44

Fishing is useless atm, they nerfed it a lot and then they nerfed it a bit more. You can catch only fish or useless twig.
How is it useless? Currently the only way to get Pansar, Leptoid, Placoid, Ganoid scales.

Only way to get crazy good nourishment food.

Easy farm for trinkets.

Good gold, etc.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
I do enjoy it wheres best to find out the information for fishing? Everywhere I look gives a very basic version of it. I would like to know what baits are best for what species times of day etc. If there even is a guide for it all yet that is?
Go to toxaï, east of morin khur, lots of fishermen there that helps newcomers

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Right now its basically a time sink with small rewards. Its also very complicated and awkward to get the right lines and right depths and so on and so forth.
Hard to get into and probably best avoided for the more casual player.
There are also very few fishermen left in Toxai these days.

That's what's got me interested. Something that might be slightly advanced. However, being real I bet it's NOT. I bet it has a learning curve and all, tho. I don't even remember MO fishing, but I def feel like goin out and putting my pole in the water, per se.

I mean you remember when MO in general was complicated and awkward, a lot of 'nah you gotta do it this way.' Such things aren't bad. Those BB scales intrigue me, too.

Kbear

May 28, 2020
I fish daily and havent become rich from it. Lately I've focussed on catching turtles, taming them and then selling on the broker. It's far from the best way to make some gold, but I'll continue for a little while longer. I'm waiting on the next patch where fishing for rings may be introduced. At present fishing for trinkets is far too easy.

For anyone wanting to learn about fishing in MO2 there is quite a community who do so and share knowledge.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Fishing would have more point if it didn't hide the strong line and large hooks in Jungle Camp. This should be changed. Then you could afford the line breaks, especially new players.

Its a great minigame, the way fishing is handled is pretty cool, but at the end of the day its a bit stressful and wears you out because it requires so much of your focused attention to see the dips of the rod and timing of the pulling to maximize the life if your equipment. It's just asking too much. Add on top of that the lack of financial support, the excess of cheap fish at depth, the overly permissive baits, and it just bogs down.

Last edited: